| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1833 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 am 
Not NOT A Furry

couroupita wrote:
Wow, so I had 2 shots of ape brandy and I'm completely cramp free!! I feel like singing.

When I was a teenager my mom would give me a shot of brandy to help me deal with my cramps... it knocked me out and allowed me to sleep.

I'm in my mid-cycle madness. Potato chips are not just a meal, they are EVERY meal. And I'm a complete and utter basket-case (I'm fat, useless, a complete and total failure at everything in life, and my husband should leave me for someone thinner and smarter).

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

3 days early? Jeez! No wonder I was fit to chew my arm off on Monday with the cravings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

the hubs is leaving in about 4 days for about 10 months. my period is due in 4 days. it started coming last night, but this morning seems to be gone. this happens lately. it sort of starts, then stops, then sort of starts, then stops, then seems late, then starts. weird.

i made him take the last 4 red velvet cupcakes to work today.

boiling my diva and lunette.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:34 am 

oh goody - menstrual migraine, is that you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 pm 

Oh hi two days early.

Now, where's my chocolate? I really wanted an Sbux Frap earlier. Sounds heavenly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:39 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Anyone use underwear with built-in pads? I want to purchase some-I have a heavy flow now due to my copper IUD. Can anybody recommend some that are not costly and work well?
Thanks!

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So bloated! It hurts! Do you guys get bloated enough for it to be painful? This is my first period on the progesteron-only pill. So far I'm bleeding quite a lot, but then again, I can't seem to get used to menstruating at all, even though I have been since december.. I just really hate it. I was sort of crampy-achey yesterday. The good part is that I am not feeling pms-y at all, and haven't been. Whichis really wonderful because thereis no way in hell I am going to allow myself to be a pms sufferer ever again. Daaaaamn. That was a few awful months.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:35 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

smoothie wrote:
So bloated! It hurts! Do you guys get bloated enough for it to be painful?

Yep, every time. I live in stretchy pants when I have my period. Do you have a heating pad or hot water bottle? It might help some of the swelling in your abdomen go down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Day 3.... Hello headache and food cravings.... why is there no cake in my mouth right now?!?!

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:20 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My body skipped March and has been making up for it. Started last Thursday, and while it has slowed down a lot, I definitely overflowed my cup twice and ruined some underwear. Also so bloated. And I have eaten so much salty food this week I don't think the bloating will go away quickly. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:54 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

so this migraine-nausea-barfing on the first day is a thing now, huh? ugh.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

PMS doesn't usually get me this bad, I've still got a few days until I'm due on but I want to eat all the things and shout at my neighbours for making noise that's ruining my enjoyment of my kitchen-diningroom even though I probably make noise that they can hear too (although I do not play driving games at full volume. Or really shitty bass-y music).

I'm so craving chocolate chip cookies that I'm tempted to put earplugs in and go and make them, even though it's gone 11pm.

"I accept all cakes with open arms." - Rebekah

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

OW OW OW OW OW GSDBGHJDLGISJM KRS<LUR
;Gbhns;gg/hgfgs,.jdasdfhfnc.djvhf
bf,g b

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:35 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Does anyone else do impulse shopping when pms/period-y? I am SO careful the rest of the month to spend less than my weekly paycheck, and I usually can't convince myself to spend money on frivolous stuff. But the week before my period I'm just like "wheeee buy all the things!" I had to institute a rule that I cannot go on ebay when pms-ing, because I will bid on anything that looks even vaguely interesting.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

seriously though, it seems like every month it gets worse pain-wise.
I have really mild endometriosis but i'm worried it's progressing or something? I have a super high pain tolerance but these cramps are keeping me awake.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:07 am 
WELFARIST!

booberthefraggle wrote:
seriously though, it seems like every month it gets worse pain-wise.
I have really mild endometriosis but i'm worried it's progressing or something? I have a super high pain tolerance but these cramps are keeping me awake.

:( Perhaps it's time to talk to your gyno?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:09 am 
WELFARIST!

Welcome to the first day of your period! This morning you will:

-Cry while writing out your Mothers Day cards.
-Decide to shave your legs in the shower even though there is no remote possibility that you will be having sex today.
-Have a sudden breakout.
-Said breakout will make putting on your makeup take twice as long and you will be convinced that you'll be late for work.
-Listen to Rihanna on the way to work, which will somehow make you angry at your boyfriend.
-Wolf down all of the food.

Have a nice day!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:26 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I've had painful periods lately. Not too bad with mood swings, thank god, but super painful cramps.

Ive been bending over in agony all evening, with hot water bottles, and it finally just occured to me to take a muscle relaxer. I'm almost out of my codeine and can't get more for a few weeks. I had to use a lot for the iron side effects. I really resent having to ration it. I can't take anything else for pain, and I don't even take very much--only 3-4 total doses a week. All the regulations are total bullshiitake.

In other news, my period went shopping at Wegmans yesterday and bought 3 packs of peanut butter cups, a crispy cat bar, salsa tortilla chips, and a Tofurkey pizza. I really shouldn't ever let it out of the house, and should remove it from my debit card access immediately.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:06 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I thought my boobs had grown rapidly, then my period stopped.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 am 

Not only does it hurt like crazy but I am crazy bloated. I'm going to go roll around in the fetal position.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Whenever I have a giant fight with my husband, my period starts a day or two later. I don't have a regular cycle, so its hard to foretell and this never freaking happened to me before I had a baby!

I need to figure out a way to get this under control, because it is kind of tearing my relationship apart.

What can I do? I would happily go on BC if that would fix things, but because we're open to a second kidlet and probably going to try more actively soon, I would love a non-BC way of doing this. Seriously, this sucks so bad. And I am not generally angry, I just get mad at him and we get into a big fight, and I don't think its my period until a few days later and then I am like oh forking derp. But then the damage is done.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:47 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish, do any of the PCOS remedies (drugs, herbs, etc) help with period regulation? Birth control is obviously great for regulating periods, but then when you go off it might be the same story all over again, so that's no help really - it won't help with whatever the underlying issue is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:42 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes, I can start taking Vitex immediately and start looking to see my midwife and see if she can get me on metformin.

It kind of is both sucky and a relief when you realize that your fights started about 8 months ago, when your period came back and they recur every 4 weeks and happen about a day or so before your period. At least we can find a solution, right?

But its also annoying, because I never had issues like this before, and I was so happy not to be one of the women in sitcoms who are moody and depressed right before their period (see Modern Family for a hilarious take). It sucks when your life is taken hostage by your hormones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

It would be nice if he could recognize that you were just hormonal and that's what caused the fight. Usually if I'm bisque-y with my guy before my period, he just lays low and then I apologize after the rage is over. I also like to give fair warning the week before, so he knows what's up.

Currently wishing mine would start so I could bisque about it. Took my BC every day on time, so I'm not pregs, just still regulating from starting the BC, I'm sure.

ETA: I know it sounds like I'm saying your period is an excuse to be a bisque, but really...it's reality. Hormones make us do things and act in ways that we normally wouldn't.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 pm 
Semen Strong

It never used to be before I had L! I had the easiest periods ever - they never affected me even a bit, and I worked crazy hours and was at least as sleep-deprived then!

I would probably feel more empowered if I were to think of it as an excuse, but instead I feel at the effect of it, and blindsided by it, because I have no idea when my period is going to show up. yay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1833 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 74  Next