| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:59 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Maybe you could chart your ovulation so you would know where you are in your cycle? Take a look at the Fertility Awareness Method thread and consider buying Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you haven't already. Once you ovulate, your temp goes up, and when your temp drops, your period is about to start. Might help keep track of them, anyway, so you can start using it as an excuse, haha.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Tofulish wrote:
Whenever I have a giant fight with my husband, my period starts a day or two later. I don't have a regular cycle, so its hard to foretell and this never freaking happened to me before I had a baby!

I need to figure out a way to get this under control, because it is kind of tearing my relationship apart.

Breakups and really stressful relationship times have totally jump started my period, like even in the middle of a cycle. Its crazy. It didn't happen with my last two breakups though, but I think that was because I was about due to get my period two breakups ago. My last breakup was too stretched out emotionally to do it. Or its been easier? I guess. So, it may be a PMS inspired fight, or it may be a fight that starts off the period, and then maybe you shouldn't be blaming the periods. My evolutionary reasoning for that was, relationship stress means my body wants to get rid of any chance of getting knocked up at that sucky emotional moment.

However, my ex that had PCOS only got his period 2 times a year or so, and it was always the end of the world when it came and he always dumped me and I always ignored it, because a whiny man was bleeding (so, if you've ever wanted to know just how bad guys would be if they got their periods, just ask a transman! Funny thing is that after being on T for a few years but getting off, his period is all regular and stuff now! )

My exgf got me a planner with a period chart in it. I have never in my life actually plotted it before. Turns out I'm on a 26 day cycle, generally. However, this month its been 24 days. I don't know if that's the relationship stress or not though. I have 3-4 days of spotting though before actually bleeding.

Rarr all day training for sleepy weepy achey day, damn you period! I still get to look forward to weak crampy day too. I hate that my period has decided that the whole bleedy part of my period is better stretched out over 8-9 days. That's super awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 am 

Mine started last night while out at a bar with my boyfriend and my best friend, which was the first time they'd met, so I couldn't just opt out and go home (at least to just get my cup in!). Classic period.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I ate a whole bag of tortilla chips (mmm, salt) and now I feel pukey. Thanks, period!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:44 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Oh my god, cramps so bad. Like lying on the floor, doubled up and in tears bad. Nothing is helping. I had to call my friend and cancel our plans (and we were going to get sushi! I'm so sad!). I haven't had cramps this bad in a long time. Uggggggh.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 pm 

Ack, RC, that sounds awful! I hope you're feeling better soon!

I just keep eating all of the carbs. Can't stop won't stop.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 pm 
Semen Strong

I feel like I can't win.

I was convinced I had put 2 tampons in by accident, and then went looking for the second one. I couldn't find it, so I called my CNM the next morning, who got me in for an emergency appt. She looked around and couldn't find anything, and she guaranteed me there is no way that there is a tampon lost in my vagina. But she was also really busy and a bit distracted. And now I am reading stories on the internet of people who had an MD miss their lost tampons, and it is freaking me the fork right out.

I will never ever use tampons again. I just used them because my Diva Cup was filling up so fast. Grrrrr.

The logical side of me says "wait for a few days and see if anything happens - discharge, smell etc" before you go back to the CNM. But the freak in me thinks I should go for a second opinion elsewhere. But would I trust them? I don't know!!!!

Bonus, my insurance doesn't cover any of this, and I just got a $200 bill for the time I went to my MD and she spend 2 mins talking to me so I could get an Rx for abx. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Someone talk me down off the ledge?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:23 pm 
Chard Martyr

Hugs, Tofulish.

I'm at that few days before my period point where I want to alternately cry, scream, run away, and punch things... I want to freak the hell out at boyfriend guy but I know it's these bullshiitake hormones and any other time I'd not be so annoyed with him. With everyone. Mehhhhhh. And I am obsessively looking at houses to buy. Or rent. This needs to stop please.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Does anyone else get horribly horny right after their period? Have I asked about this in this thread before? I almost feel like I have but I dunno. Always starting the day I take my first hormonal BC pill of the new cycle and I still have a damn tampon in, I'm ravenous and predatory. I was getting all flustered at the gym today, instead of focusing on my reps I was focusing on how many sweaty dudes I want to bone at once. It's distracting!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Yeah, you probably didn't lose it up there Tofulish! I mean, I had left some in at the end of my period back in the day, and there is a stinkystinkyomgstink after a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:24 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Boobs are swollen, I have no energy, and pre-period cramps have started. Fork, I have a meeting tomorrow morning, right when I will probably be struggling to stay up right. Thanks uterus.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

paprikapapaya wrote:
Does anyone else get horribly horny right after their period? Have I asked about this in this thread before? I almost feel like I have but I dunno. Always starting the day I take my first hormonal BC pill of the new cycle and I still have a damn tampon in, I'm ravenous and predatory. I was getting all flustered at the gym today, instead of focusing on my reps I was focusing on how many sweaty dudes I want to bone at once. It's distracting!

I had this after my last period! It was crazy. I couldn't concentrate on anything! I'm not on hormonal BC though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:34 pm 

OMG, I've had 5 ibuprofen since 7:30 and still feel like I'm being punched repeatedly in the gut. Plus, my lower back hurts, I'm sore everywhere and I have a headache. Oh, and I'm in a stuffy lab in a lab coat, so am hot as hell as well. I'm on a break right now, but I don't know if I can do this for another two hours. Gah, fork this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

it just hit me like a ton of bricks. normally i'm on top of it, but since the hubs is away, i have no reason to pay attention to it. pretty psyched the ibuprofen bottle is mostly full!

oh maybe that explains why i ate like 1/2 a bag of enjoy life nut and seed trail mix. Mmmm.

allularpunk wrote:
It would be nice if he could recognize that you were just hormonal and that's what caused the fight. Usually if I'm bisque-y with my guy before my period, he just lays low and then I apologize after the rage is over. I also like to give fair warning the week before, so he knows what's up.

ETA: I know it sounds like I'm saying your period is an excuse to be a bisque, but really...it's reality. Hormones make us do things and act in ways that we normally wouldn't.

Yes, this. MY husband will always be like "oh, it's time." HA.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:14 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Has anyone else experienced a rather sudden change in their period? If so, what caused it?

Over the last few months my periods have been sort of wacky. They've always been sort of heavy/painful, but they were always very regular (28-29 days) and not especially clotty. But this month I had a 24 day cycle, last month it was 30 days, and the one before it was 26 days. what the fizzle? The bleeding has been a bit heavier than normal AND I'm getting those creepy massive clots... totally TMI, but I totally just had one that I swear was the size of a tangerine. Yipes! Something weird must be going on with my hormones, since I've also been breaking out like a teenager lately. I wish I knew what was causing it...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 am 

My bisque about my period is that it's currently 4 days late. I'm not pregnant (for one thing I have no fallopian tubes, so... science, but I also took a test just to be sure because I am a walking Rare But Serious Side Effect) but it's freaking me the fork out. After some medical drama last year (including removal of said tubes) my period was MIA for a while, but once it came back it fell back into its old regular pattern, so this is really not normal and I have no idea what's causing it. WEEE.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 pm 

My period was so heavy this morning I bled through a forking jumbo tampon in TWO HOURS. And not only sort of bled through, like a bit of spotting in my underware, like full on my underwear was soaked with blood and some of it had leaked through to my jeans. Thankfully, it was not visible unless someone was to get down and stick their face in my crouch, but I had just gotten to work when it happened, so I had to spend the next 7 hours feeling gross.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:07 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Getting one's period is an acceptable excuse to eat ALL THE THINGS, right?

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:34 am 

Moon wrote:

YES. Whenever I'm on the rag I feel like a black hole has opened up in my stomach.

In other news, my period finally arrived today, 5 days late. Better late than never I suppose.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:30 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Limone wrote:
Has anyone else experienced a rather sudden change in their period? If so, what caused it?

Over the last few months my periods have been sort of wacky. They've always been sort of heavy/painful, but they were always very regular (28-29 days) and not especially clotty. But this month I had a 24 day cycle, last month it was 30 days, and the one before it was 26 days. what the fizzle? The bleeding has been a bit heavier than normal AND I'm getting those creepy massive clots... totally TMI, but I totally just had one that I swear was the size of a tangerine. Yipes! Something weird must be going on with my hormones, since I've also been breaking out like a teenager lately. I wish I knew what was causing it...

ME TOO! But nothing quite that large. I had this douche doctor tell me at my last annual that . . . crepe, I forget what he said. But he gave me hormones to affect the same change as a D & C, but chemically. No change. He was a jerk anyway. Looking for new doc.

Moon wrote:

gosh i hope so.

Simply_Love wrote:
My period was so heavy this morning I bled through a forking jumbo tampon in TWO HOURS. And not only sort of bled through, like a bit of spotting in my underware, like full on my underwear was soaked with blood and some of it had leaked through to my jeans. Thankfully, it was not visible unless someone was to get down and stick their face in my crouch, but I had just gotten to work when it happened, so I had to spend the next 7 hours feeling gross.

that happens to me too but i've been using a cup for years.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Moon wrote:

I'm in the process of training my SO to understand that when it is my period, he must a) buy me chocolate and b) not say "i thought you were trying to eat healthy these days"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:37 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Super happy I'm not alone. It's not bad once my period starts, but the day or two before is completely insane with the amount I eat. And we are not talking apples, here! None of that healthy junk!

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:54 pm 

appifanie wrote:
Limone wrote:

Simply_Love wrote:

that happens to me too but i've been using a cup for years.

I have a cup, but putting it in is super painful :/ once it's in, it's fine, but the amount of pain is just not worth it. Especially cause it hurts just as much taking it out again...It hasn't been this heavy in years, and today its pretty light, so next cycle I'll just be sure to double up the first day so it won't happen again.

Also, moon, I'm the same. The few days before my period I just want to eat all the carbs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Moon wrote:
Super happy I'm not alone. It's not bad once my period starts, but the day or two before is completely insane with the amount I eat. And we are not talking apples, here! None of that healthy junk!

I'm so there right now! I've been ravenous since yesterday and I'm only expecting my period on monday!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The period tracker app on my phone says I'm not due to start for another 7 days, and I tend to have a perfect 28 day cycle, but oh my god my boobs hurt so freakin bad today. Like the worst boob pain I've ever had. I keep half-assedly massaging them but it isn't helping.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 68  Next