| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1774 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:43 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

OW.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 am 
Nailed to the V

Hottest week of the year and I am getting hot flashes, GRR!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:48 pm 

My period wants me to eat chocolate, but we can't decide on what. This is in direct conflict with my activity in the weight loss peeps thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:39 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

appifanie wrote:
My period wants me to eat chocolate, but we can't decide on what. This is in direct conflict with my activity in the weight loss peeps thread.

Yes, this was me yesterday. But I also wanted Fritos. At the same time. My planned dinner of Caribbean beans and jerk soy curls went out the window and became a quesadilla with guac, chips and PPK cashew queso, and chocolate PB ice cream.

This last period has been very strange for me, so I thought I'd duck in here and commiserate. I'm on the pill so everything is usually like clockwork and the most I notice is some water weight before hand and a little backache during. However, I spotted mid-cycle (never happened to me before, and I was freaked out about possible pregnancy), have had horrible backaches and mad food cravings, and my temperature has been all weird. Like I'm sweating buckets one second and then adding layers the next.

Has anybody else experienced t his?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:35 pm 

I spotted mid cycle this time too! But not the other stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:36 pm 
Ninja Master

Im not even gonna come on for 2 days and the pain is currently ruining my future sister in law's hen do. And I have no painkillers. agggghhhh.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 pm 

Nooo! That's so sad. I'd share if I could :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:43 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Am i allowed to bisque about not getting my period? Something i never thought i'd say, but it's really freakin annoying. This is the third month now. I've taken a gazillion pregnancy tests (all negative, yayyyyy) and gone to the doctor, who told me it was just cos of the pill. After i insisted on them doing a pregnancy test, they did, and it was negative too.
I always hated my period, and it used to be very painful, so i never thought i'd miss it. But it's nice to have my body telling me "Hey bazoo! You're definitely not pregnant." once a month so i don't have to worry.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:34 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

annabazoo wrote:
Am i allowed to bisque about not getting my period? Something i never thought i'd say, but it's really freakin annoying. This is the third month now. I've taken a gazillion pregnancy tests (all negative, yayyyyy) and gone to the doctor, who told me it was just cos of the pill. After i insisted on them doing a pregnancy test, they did, and it was negative too.
I always hated my period, and it used to be very painful, so i never thought i'd miss it. But it's nice to have my body telling me "Hey bazoo! You're definitely not pregnant." once a month so i don't have to worry.

I feel the same way. I'm not on the pill anymore and I have this weird thing where I'll be regular for several months, then will have a 45 day cycle followed by a 40 day cycle followed by a 38 day cycle, or it bounces around with no discernible pattern. This month I'm over a week late, feeling miserable, but still nothing and I know I'm not pregnant. But in the past I've run out to buy a pregnancy test because otherwise I'll worry incessantly.

The pill actually made me more regular and I do miss that aspect. Sorry it's having the opposite effect on you!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:17 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Last time i was on the pill, i was super regular. I would start the second day of brown pills, and end the first day of white pills. Then i was on Depo for a year, during which i bled almost constantly. Then started the nuvaring, during which i bled almost constantly. Now back to the pill. Maybe my body is making up for the year+ of almost constant bleeding by skipping a few periods.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:12 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Annabazoo, I've heard it takes a couple months to get into a regular cycle on the pill, so if you just started again (or 3 months ago) maybe you are almost there? Sounds like you had a good experience before in that regard... But otherwise, yes you can absolutely bisque about not being regular on the pill. That is one of the perks, that once a month reassurance. Even if it can be hell.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:10 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

"Because there is no such thing as a happy period."
http://jezebel.com/5952287/maxipad-comp ... ng-sarcasm

That video cracks me up, and seemed appropriate for this thread. (It's a UK maxipad company's response to a man's comments on their FB page.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:37 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

allularpunk wrote:
Fo' real. It's just that I only have to empty my cup every 3 or 4 hours instead of changing my (super) tampon every 1 hour.

This! I have to wear an overnight pad along with my cup on the heaviest days because when it overflows (if I don't catch it on time) it overflows spectacularly.

I was actually coming here to moan about basically having to wear a plastic-lined diaper in 34C (93.2F) degree weather.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:47 am 
Ninja Master

lepelaar wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Fo' real. It's just that I only have to empty my cup every 3 or 4 hours instead of changing my (super) tampon every 1 hour.

This! I have to wear an overnight pad along with my cup on the heaviest days because when it overflows (if I don't catch it on time) it overflows spectacularly.

I was actually coming here to moan about basically having to wear a plastic-lined diaper in 34C (93.2F) degree weather.

This was me before I went on the pill, although I was changing the cup every 1-1.5 hrs and I still had to wear pads as well. I sometimes think about coming off it then remember how bad it used to be and put in for my repeat prescription!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:18 am 

baps wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

This was me before I went on the pill, although I was changing the cup every 1-1.5 hrs and I still had to wear pads as well. I sometimes think about coming off it then remember how bad it used to be and put in for my repeat prescription!

Sadly, I can't take BCPs. A doctor once prescribed the pill to me for the bleeding but it only made matters worse (apparently the formulation she prescribed made my fibroids - which she didn't know I had - grow). Now I've got a kidney disease that makes taking hormones verboten. My only choices at this point are a hysterectomy or waiting out menopause, so I've opted for the latter. (I have a prescription for tranexamic acid, which does help, but my nephrologist has suggested I use it as little as possible, so I save it for days when I know I can't be near a toilet. When I'm at home/work, I just go with the flow. And bisque about it.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:25 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ow, is right. And mother hubbard shows up a week early while I'm stranded in NB at the hospital with the boy in ICU and no mother forking diva cup.

Jesus.
/rant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 am 
Not NOT A Furry

That's awful B.A.D.

rentaghost wrote:
I missed a period then had a really light one, now I have the next period and, like amandabear, it's been the worst for many years. I was so unwell yesterday and not great today either. So annoying after a good few months of barely any pain at all. I never normally get backache but last night it was bad.

My periods have definitely changed over the years (I never used to get tired, never used to get ravenous a few days before). I hope this is a blip and not what I can now expect every month.

Disappointed to be experiencing the same this month so it looks like this is the new schmoo for the next little while. Not enjoying the backache and feeling sick for three days at all. The first day I felt like I had bad indigestion and I couldn't stop burping - so attractive. And I now realise I'm due on when I'm going on holiday with friends, like it's not bad enough to feel like crepe without the pressure to have a good time and be good company. And if I'm burping like I was the other day I'll die of embarrassment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 am 
Ninja Master

lepelaar wrote:
Sadly, I can't take BCPs. A doctor once prescribed the pill to me for the bleeding but it only made matters worse (apparently the formulation she prescribed made my fibroids - which she didn't know I had - grow). Now I've got a kidney disease that makes taking hormones verboten. My only choices at this point are a hysterectomy or waiting out menopause, so I've opted for the latter. (I have a prescription for tranexamic acid, which does help, but my nephrologist has suggested I use it as little as possible, so I save it for days when I know I can't be near a toilet. When I'm at home/work, I just go with the flow. And bisque about it.)

Oh god, that's awful. I tried tranexamic acid but it didn't work for me. It was because I was super resistant to going on BCPs, so my doc tried some other stuff because I was so anaemic from the heavy periods. Periods suck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

@lepelaar have you tried a menstrual cup? I found it was the most helpful for super heavy bleeding as long as I emptied it every 2 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:02 am 

Baps, periods DO suck! Luckily I'm a lot closer to menopause than to puberty. (And it's only bad 2-3 days a month, as opposed to 3 weeks a month when my fibroids were at their worst.)

B.A.D., I'm already using a DivaCup. I'm usually ok if I catch it in time, but like I said above, sometimes I don't (if the flow is heavier than I expect, or I can't get to the bathroom) and it overflows spectacularly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

yah it overflows gloriously.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:03 am 
Ninja Master

Mine overflowed fairly spectacularly on a train once. I had just got comfortable with the thing and was being cocky not wearing a back up pad. Didn't make that mistake again, it was awful.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:08 am 

Oh Lard! That's one of my greatest fears, baps! I've only ever had it just leak over the edge of my pad. What did you do?

I was up four or five times during the night to empty the thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 am 
Ninja Master

Thankfully I was wearing dark leggings, but I was on my way to a party with no change of clothes. So I had to buy tampons and pads at the station and run to the public bathroom. The worst thing was that we had to drive from the station to the party before I could change, so I had to get in my friend's boyfriend's car. I sat on my coat, I was so worried, it was horrible.

Luckily though we stopped on the way to buy beer and there was a clothes shop next door so I was able to run in and buy new leggings and underwear to change into. Otherwise I have no idea what I'd have done.

I don't use my cup anymore but when I did after that, I never left the house without a pad on as well. I'm much much lighter these days thanks to the pill, but I still always wear a back up pad!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:06 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Mine overflowed in the car on a road trip once and there was no where to pull out to change it so I had to sit in my own mess with napkins wadded around me for an hour. It was terrible! Fortunately my jeans were dark so you couldn't see too much but it leaked through my pants and stained the rental car seat. So gross.

Yesterday I had to take the day off work because my cramps were so bad, despite taking 4 advils, a hot bath, a shot of vodka, and a heating pad. I'm curious, does anyone else here have to take the first day of their period off? I felt so melodramatic but I really don't think I could have made it through the day. It used to be an occasional thing for me, but ever since I've had my IUD I'm having to call in sick a lot more.

This morning I woke up to uterine cramps, gas cramps, and stomach cramps (from this stupid acidosis problem that's come one recently). I was super sleepy and confused by the searing pain so for the first 20 seconds or so I was convinced there was an alien trying to eat its way out of me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1774 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 71  Next