| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ugh, I hate how right before I get my period I feel completely exhausted. There are so many things I need to get done, but I'm just too tired and light-headed.

couroupita wrote:
I'm curious, does anyone else here have to take the first day of their period off? I felt so melodramatic but I really don't think I could have made it through the day. It used to be an occasional thing for me, but ever since I've had my IUD I'm having to call in sick a lot more.

Yes. It hasn't been that bad recently, but it used to be common for me to call in sick a day or two each month. It sucks, but yeah, there is definitely a point where work just isn't possible. And when I was in middle school, I used to always stay home the first day because the cramps were so bad I would just be in a fetal position on the floor crying, and I also used to get horrible diarrhea and vomiting at the start of my period (SO glad I grew out of that).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yep, day 1 and 2 were absolutely unbearable. Like RC, I'd alternate my time between the fetal position and the bathroom. That lasted into my late teens early 20's, which is when I went on the pill. Even if I was celibate I don't know if I'd get off of the pill just for those reasons.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My girlfriend came home after being out of town for a week and then my period started at a really inconvenient time.

Then she went to Walgreen's at 5 am to get me ibuprofen because I was crying and couldn't sleep because how much pain I was in.

Ugggh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Girlfriends are the best. I'm sorry your uterus hates you, but I'm happy you're getting some love.

....My dad does a lot of diet & yoga research, and just wrote asking me about "my first period" and "[my] sister's". And I went ....? and then wrote back with LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of details, and am now really curious to hear his reaction. (Probably some variation of "See! That's why you should be a mostly raw vegan!", but I hope there are some other funny comments sent along with it.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm 
Tofu Pup

This is my first period since I first started having them that I am not bloated like a blimp, but instead I have cramping so bad I feel like I'm going to poo myself. Over-share for reals, but this is the "bisque about your period" thread. I think I would prefer to be bloated than have this feeling. Oh well, that just means more wine in my belly to help with cramping....or at least that is the excuse I'm going to give my husband when I drink a bottle of wine tonight. eh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm due on either really early Thursday, or late Weds, but I'm already feeling like it's about to start.

I did make the most fantastic period-appropriate blended drink as part of dinner though - warm coconut milk, dried sour cherries, apricots and dark chocolate. That'll bolster up my iron supplies a bit, and it tasted amazing!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 am 
Bathes in Braggs

My boobs hurt! It is hormone, and therefore loosely period, related (I'm about halfway between periods). So I'm going to bisque here.
I hate that they puff up and then deflate almost every month. It hurts. Why can't they just stay one size? I would prefer their larger state, but the smaller state is good too! It's not like they are very large either way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:16 am 
WRETCHED

So my period has been consistent for 8 months or 9 months or so, due to BC pill. Except the month that I lose my diva cup, it decided to start a day early. Thanks period. Anyway, I ordered one from Amazon thinking I'd have it in time for my period to start but there was some overlap. I'm glad I have my new diva cup though. And of course my period also decided to start a day early and start strong. Hopefully it will only have 1 or 2 heavy days, I hate having to empty my diva cup every 3 hours especially through the night.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:48 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

strawberryrock wrote:
My girlfriend came home after being out of town for a week and then my period started at a really inconvenient time.

Then she went to Walgreen's at 5 am to get me ibuprofen because I was crying and couldn't sleep because how much pain I was in.

Ugggh.

that's awful for you but so sweet of her!!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Everything is all forked up with my period. Since it's consistantly awful my doc thought I should go on the nuvaring although I've been off hormonal birth control for years. My period had ended a few days before my appointment and she told me I could start the new one. So last Friday I was supposed to get my period according to my tracker. I felt like shiitake, had terrible cramps and other symptoms and put in the diva cup. After a half a day I took it out and it was empty. This went on for three day, I had all my normal symptoms of horribleness but no bleeding. So then I took the nuvaring out on Sunday because it had then been in for three weeks. Now, four days later I got my period cramps again and I just started bleeding. What the fork is going on? What was my body doing last week? Why would I have cramps like that with no bleeding? Why am I going to have period symptoms two weekends in a row! I want to die.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:55 am 
WRETCHED

That sucks, I've had that happen before on the pill, cramps and no bleeding.

Although the past 2 days have been lots of cramps and lots of bleeding.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:15 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

Hahaha amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:44 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

<3

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:14 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

LazySmurf wrote:
Everything is all forked up with my period. Since it's consistantly awful my doc thought I should go on the nuvaring although I've been off hormonal birth control for years. My period had ended a few days before my appointment and she told me I could start the new one. So last Friday I was supposed to get my period according to my tracker. I felt like shiitake, had terrible cramps and other symptoms and put in the diva cup. After a half a day I took it out and it was empty. This went on for three day, I had all my normal symptoms of horribleness but no bleeding. So then I took the nuvaring out on Sunday because it had then been in for three weeks. Now, four days later I got my period cramps again and I just started bleeding. What the fork is going on? What was my body doing last week? Why would I have cramps like that with no bleeding? Why am I going to have period symptoms two weekends in a row! I want to die.

Here is some good general info on Nuvaring (particularly the "Disadvantages" section): http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health ... g-4241.htm

It can take up to 3 months for your body to adjust to hormonal birth control, but it's always a good idea to be in contact with your doctor's office if you are experiencing unexpected or severe symptoms. Bleeding 4 days after removal of the ring is pretty typical for withdrawal bleeding (or a "period" on birth control). I'm guessing that your first episode of cramping had to do with beginning the ring midcycle, but that is really just a guess. You definitely can't expect perfectly predictable bleeding/period symptoms for the first few months (although sometimes it happens).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:03 am 
Tofu Pup

pickledtreats wrote:
INCREDIBLE joint pain in my hips, lower back and shoulders. I can't get comfortable. :(

Try some warmups for the pains maximum you can get clear with your problem if it is severe then use supplement nature made. supplements were made with natural herbs so better to encourage supplements for the joint health.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:04 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Beanitarian wrote:
LazySmurf wrote:

Here is some good general info on Nuvaring (particularly the "Disadvantages" section): http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health ... g-4241.htm

It can take up to 3 months for your body to adjust to hormonal birth control, but it's always a good idea to be in contact with your doctor's office if you are experiencing unexpected or severe symptoms. Bleeding 4 days after removal of the ring is pretty typical for withdrawal bleeding (or a "period" on birth control). I'm guessing that your first episode of cramping had to do with beginning the ring midcycle, but that is really just a guess. You definitely can't expect perfectly predictable bleeding/period symptoms for the first few months (although sometimes it happens).
\

Thanks Bean! The second set is over now so hopefully things will get more normal. I wish I would have waited and started the new ring on the last day of my period.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:27 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i have a 24hr race this weekend and i hope my period is gone by then

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:13 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I know some other PPKers use a diva cup or similar, so here's a question. I've been using mine for a little over 6 months with no problems whatsoever, but this month, for whatever reason, it's leaking like crazy. I'm doing everything like normal, my period isn't any heavier than normal. The only difference I can think of is that between my last period and this period, I turned 30. DOES IT KNOW? Do I need the bigger cup now because I've been 30 for 24 days? Because that just seems... weird.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:18 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm having like an extra hormonal shift this time around. Was PMSy last week, but not as much as I normally am (normal bloating, only a little bit emotional, a touch of cramping the day before), just enough to make me know it was coming. Day 1 of period, everything goes away, including bloat. Day three, EVERYTHING IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE. I'm crying at everything, I look like I gained 5lbs, my guts are cramping and what the fizzle. I'm going to murder. I never get such a hormonal swing during my period. As if the blood wasn't enough.

I miss using a Diva Cup, but it just got so uncomfortable that I had to stop and I'm afraid to use it again. Like, I could feel it riding my bike, sitting, etc.

Of Capsicums & Things."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I think I ate 4000 calories today. And I have been constipated for four days. Ooh, and instead of a few days of awesome period boobs I only got one!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:25 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

amandabear wrote:
I know some other PPKers use a diva cup or similar, so here's a question. I've been using mine for a little over 6 months with no problems whatsoever, but this month, for whatever reason, it's leaking like crazy. I'm doing everything like normal, my period isn't any heavier than normal. The only difference I can think of is that between my last period and this period, I turned 30. DOES IT KNOW? Do I need the bigger cup now because I've been 30 for 24 days? Because that just seems... weird.

Haha! As much as I like the idea of the Diva cup knowing your age, I wonder if you have noticed any change in the material of the cup? For example, it is stiffer or changed color? Are you making sure the little holes around the rim are clear? I do something I think of as the "fountain of Diva" to clear them, which is basically just pushing water through the holes with the cup against my palm. You can probably find a demonstration in YouTube videos. Are you certain you are getting a good seal every time? Sometimes it can be difficult to tell if the edge is slightly folded - it still fools me once in a while even though I've been using the Divacup for probably over a year. Anyway, those are just a few ideas. Maybe some of the more advanced Diva users will have some ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:37 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Beanitarian wrote:
Are you making sure the little holes around the rim are clear? I do something I think of as the "fountain of Diva" to clear them, which is basically just pushing water through the holes with the cup against my palm.

This seems to have helped, thanks! I'll make sure to do that every once in a while just to be safe.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamps.

The only time my diva cup really leaks is when I forget to empty it and then lay down. You can FEEL it leaking out and it's so creepy. And obviously a big mess. That happened once when Brian and I were doing P90X and we got on the floor to do Ab Ripper and I ran out of the room screaming 'PAUSE IT BRB'. He thought I was going to throw up or something.

I've been using the same no-baby/young vagina diva cup for like...five years now? Six? I have no plans to upgrade because uh, I don't feel like there is any more room in there for a bigger one (I assume the other one is just wider).

And speaking of cups, have you guys heard of Oh Joy Sex Toy? She does comic reviews of (wait for it) sex toys and did one on the Moon Cup, the Gladrags people also interviewed her with her husband about what he thinks about it and it never occurred to me, but Brian benefits from the diva cup too. No unflushed bloody tampons, no bloody pads in the trash, and I will never ask him to buy me tampons (not that buying tampons weirds him out, but he'd have to go out and get them which is annoying).

http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/mooncup/

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:30 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I don't think Mike is even aware of what method I use to deal with The Red Menace, but he totally does benefit from it. When you talk about bloody pads in the trash, all I can think about is how one time the dog we had when I was a teenager took some used pads out of the trash and used them as chew toys allllll over the house. It was so mortifying, I have no words.

Oh Joy Sex Toy is awesome! I'd never heard of it before now, but the artwork looked so familiar to me, and I realized it's because I used to follow her stuff on Live Journal back in the day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 71  Next