| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:04 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

my boobs feel like they have been wrung through an old time-y washer....ohh god they ache.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm 
Ninja Master

Day 16 of bleeding on the pill that 'most women don't get periods on'. I'm gonna make an appointment with my doctor and not that friggin nurse practitioner again!

The last week has been just a bit of spotting but today's back to needing a tampon. forking hell forks.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

GAAAARRGH!!!!! Sorry, I just needed to yell that. I feel like I have proper gone batty today. I'm seriously hormonal. My head is about to explode. Everyone is incredibly irritating.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:42 pm 
Ninja Master

I think the 3 week period is almost over. Yay. I stopped taking the pill and crossing my fingers I don't go back to having periods like I did pre-pill!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:06 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I just stress ate a bunch of gluten because I was like I HAVE CRAMPS ANYWAY I MIGHT AS WELL JUST DIE. I make good choices.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:21 pm 
Inflexitarian

Why do I have to crepe more in the days leading up to my period? Where does all the shiitake go the rest of the time? Seriously, I really want to know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:37 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

JillW wrote:
Why do I have to crepe more in the days leading up to my period? Where does all the shiitake go the rest of the time? Seriously, I really want to know.

I read the answer to this once! But I am scared to google it at work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I would like to know that answer! I don't necessarily feel like it's more for me, but just..weirder, during my period. I have always assumed it's because I use a menstrual cup and it pushes against my intestines and makes things weird for physical reasons, and also because I eat more junk food.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:49 am 
Wears Pleather Undies

I usually lurk around here, but I wanted to toss in the answer to the period-poop question. It's the fault of prostaglandins! The same little chemical jerks that tell your uterus to contract can do the same to your bowels, which affects your pooping

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:28 pm 
Ninja Master

huh, well there you go. I thought knowing the answer to the period poop question would make me feel better but now I'm just mad at prostaglandins! forkers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:39 pm 
Inflexitarian

glad to have a name for it! I'm nearly to menopause and never knew that, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:19 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I thought my period was done, but it randomly came back to ruin my underwear today. Grr.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:19 am 
Nailed to the V

I finally got to see a gynocologist about my excruciating and heavy periods (after months of waiting for referral) and was told that because of my age, there can't be anything wrong with me, and perhaps I should try having kids to make the pain go away. Er, what?! Sometimes I feel like there is no point in seeing doctors anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:23 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I had one, ONE piece of that tiny endangered species chocolate and i can't find it and it's day 2. WAAAA.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:23 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

vixki wrote:
I finally got to see a gynocologist about my excruciating and heavy periods (after months of waiting for referral) and was told that because of my age, there can't be anything wrong with me, and perhaps I should try having kids to make the pain go away. Er, what?! Sometimes I feel like there is no point in seeing doctors anymore.

holy useless. any other docs you can try?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:04 am 
Ninja Master

vixki wrote:

Jeez doctors can really suck sometimes!

Are you on the pill and if not would you consider it? I used to have horrendous painful and heavy periods and nothing sorted it except going on the pill. It took a few different ones before I found one that suited me but when I was on it, it was great.

Now I've totally come off it because the stupid pill that the stupid nurse put me on made me have 2 periods within a week of each other. Just had a 3rd one after stopping it but hopefully it'll sort itself out now. I'm just hoping it doesn't go back to how I used to be.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:18 am 
Nailed to the V

baps wrote:
vixki wrote:

Jeez doctors can really suck sometimes!

Are you on the pill and if not would you consider it? I used to have horrendous painful and heavy periods and nothing sorted it except going on the pill. It took a few different ones before I found one that suited me but when I was on it, it was great.

Now I've totally come off it because the stupid pill that the stupid nurse put me on made me have 2 periods within a week of each other. Just had a 3rd one after stopping it but hopefully it'll sort itself out now. I'm just hoping it doesn't go back to how I used to be.

Yeah I've been on several different pills. I was on one that worked really well for a year or so but then it started making me sick after the week break so I had to come off it...since then been on about 4 different ones, including one that gave me periods every two weeks which was no good. On one now which is meant to stop my periods, but I've heard that before so we'll see...

Good luck with yours...sucks having periods so often...especially when they hurt!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:54 pm 
Nailed to the V

Well that's a no to this one stopping my periods...that explains the cranky bloated mess I've been this weekend...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 am 
Seagull of the PPK

the only way i can explain this is that my body has decided to enter some contest to see how many overnight pads it can go through in one day. really, come on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:39 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I don't understand what happened! My period has been super regular for 2 years, and now it's forked. Last month: 1 day of heavy period, 4 days nothing, 1 day heavy, 1 day medium, a couple of days of spotting. Because of the days of spotting it wasn't really clear to me when my period actually ended. But, I'm pretty sure I should be having it right now again and... nothing. Last week I had all my pms-syptoms though!

I did take a pregnancy test last month when my period went MIA and it was negative. Maybe take another one just to be sure? Ugh!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:28 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I feel a little silly complaining about this, but the last few months my period has been incredibly light. I normally get a couple days of spotting, a couple days of proper (but light) bleeding, and then it tapers off. Now it's more like two days of spotting, two days of weird black spotting, two days of spotting. Anyone else had this happen to them? Doctor google says it's either a calorie deficit or possibly pregnancy, I don't think either is likely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:32 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ugh, the cramps. Unrelenting for 3 days now! I usually only have 3 (or 4) day periods, so I'm hopeful that I will wake up and feel fine tomorrow. My period is also making me so tired. And so hungry... but only for chocolate soy/almond milk, chocolate pie, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, chocolate chips straight from the bag, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 am 
Huffs Nooch

I went off the pill in July and haven't had a period since. Has anyone had this happen to them? I was also really stressed and lost some weight in December, I've since gained weight so now I feel like my BMI is enough for a period. I know I shouldn't complain, but I want kids eventually and I just turned 30 so by biological clock....blah blah blah

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=24501886[url][/url]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I cannot get any work done today...I'm pretty sure my insides are bloating and getting ready to explode. And I overflowed my cup earlier. mermememermealjfdjszfj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Diva cup questions... am I supposed to do anything to wash it other than rinsing it well during and after use? I've been using it for years and haven't done anything else, but it is starting to discolor. I figure that it's fine, but if there is a good way to clean it, I'll try it. I'm not really keen to use soap on it, but I thought I'd heard about boiling it. The google gave me lots of different ideas, half of which sound okay and half sound terrible. And I can never use the PPK search for some reason (I get an error almost every time I try).

Also, can I keep using the same cup indefinitely or do they have a lifespan? I think I bought it 8 years ago, but only really started using it regularly 3-4 years ago when I got my IUD out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 71  Next