| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:42 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Eh, I feel like 9 days isn't anything to write home about, even though it really sucks. It's happened to me before. I'm pretty sure I've had half-a-month-long periods. Are you on birth control? I'd say if you keep spotting, it wouldn't hurt to voice your concerns to your doc, since it could have something to do with that. Don't panic, though, you'll be okay!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:54 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Ugh, I have been feeling extra emotional the past few days, and today started getting the cold sweats and mild cramping that preceded the fever and cramps from hell that make me want to kill something that is my period. Generally the cold swears and cramping start twoish days before my actual period, which puts me starting on saturday. Just in time for my first long run of half marathon training. Uterus, you can go fork yourself. Atleast I get to go home Saturday night so I can snuggle up with my kitty for the worst of it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:40 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Woo! No baby in this uterus! However, we do have the eating everything in sight...ugh. Yesterday I ate 2 pieces of toast with veganaise and cork sauce, a daiya quesadilla, crackers and hummus, a chocolate bar, and half a pint of so delicious soy cookie dough ice cream... for dinner. 2 hours after I had lunch. really? so. bloated. And so many cramps. Uuuugh. Better than a baby, though, I guess.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 am 
WRETCHED

So serious cramps last week. Light spotting but uhh... nothing. where'd my period go? It has today and tomorrow, it better show up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:36 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

FIVE DAYS LATE. So I took a pregnancy test (I had one lying around) and right before it came up negative I hot horrible cramps.

primesaut wrote:
I always get terrible cramps in front AND in my lower back for the first 2 days of my period. It feels like wearing a wide belt with spikes on the inside that drive deeper into my body every time I move or even breathe a bit deeply. (For the past few months, I'm also having waves of nausea during the week before it starts. Wheee!!!) This evening, the back cramps are so bad that I can't even wash my face. Learning forward, even just a little bit, is just too excruciating.

same for me and my thighs hurt.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 am 

blah, my period is now three days late. I had been so regular lately. Gahhh, don't do this to me again uterus. Pick a cycle and stick with it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 am 

so day...3? 2? i forget. i'm sick too and nothing says fun like period + sick

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm 

Simply_Love wrote:
blah, my period is now three days late. I had been so regular lately. Gahhh, don't do this to me again uterus. Pick a cycle and stick with it.

I take that back, my "monthly gift" just arrived. I've taken 3 Ibuprofen, just hoping it kicks in before the worst starts. Ughh, you ruined my plans today uterus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:02 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

way to interrupt my i-love-running-again trend, damn period. i just want to curl up and die.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:40 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I started taking HBC for the first time in my life because my periods have become just absolutely brutal. My goal is to eliminate them entirely. So far I've been bleeding for 16 straight days. Not exactly what I meant when I said "eliminate"...

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Mine came 3 or 4 days early this month... and after using a divacup for so long I hate tampons! That's all that was available though. Yuck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Ugh, my boobs have been a cup size bigger and painful for the last fortnight, and my period only started today. I also want to eat everything in sight. I hope this isn't like the last time, where I had two periods within a month - that sucked so hard (thanks, implanon!).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm 

OWWWWWW/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:00 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

j-dub- Are you on seasonique (or the generic)? When I first started it I bled for the whole last month of the 1st pack. After that the I only bled for 2 days on the yellow pills.

I went off the pill last month (because I haven't had time to get to the doctor for a pap smear) I'm coming up on my first period since I've been off the pill.

I have PMS. I forgot how bad it was. I get mad over stupid shiitake and I've been crying for an hour straight. This forking sucks. How did I survive pre-pill?

Sorry to bisque. I needed to get that out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:12 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

No, I'm taking Apri continuously. I talked to my midwife friend tonight and she said that the spotting can last up to 4-6 weeks(!!!) and is completely normal. Glad it's normal, but my god.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 am 
Level 7 Vegan

This morning I snapped at my husband. For doing my breakfast dishes. I even knew it was crazy while I was doing it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This period has me far more emotional than periods usually make me. I was getting really upset this afternoon with no reasonable cause. So not feeling this.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:27 pm 
Chip Strong

I keep feeling exhausted and sad and suddenly very angry this week. I hope it is period-related and therefore I'll feel better by Monday or Tuesday or so.

The cramps mostly haven't been that bad, but a few moments have been very sore.

Just want to curl up and go to sleep, but it is 6.30 pm and I've had a nap so if I sleep now I won't sleep properly tonight. And I feel a bit sick from eating cake. And don't know what I'll make when it's dinner time. sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:24 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I was having two periods a month - each a week long & very heavy for a couple of days each - so I got a Mirena IUD on February 3rd. I was going to go on Depo again, but they said at my age it would be too bad for my bones. Aaannnyway...

Since getting the IUD I've been spotting constantly. Not a real period, just constant spotting, especially after sex. I have a Diva cup, but it isn't very comfortable so I've been using sea sponges instead & I really like them.

The only problem with my hormones now is my libido is on overdrive & I've been eating like a Hobbit. This is a problem because I was finally back in my skinny jeans after a couple of delicious vacations to south Louisiana & Portland last year. Thankfully I didn't get rid of the not-so-skinny jeans.

If anyone doesn't love menstrual cups or cloth pads, I recommend sea pearls (sea sponges). They are very comfortable & you can have sexytimes with one in & it's no big whoop. It's a bit of a challenge getting it out, but for me it's the best thing yet.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:19 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I woke up an hour ago SUPER nauseated and I can't tell if it's because of my period or if I'm really sick. I'm also super weak and tired (it was 6:30am though..) and had to keep laying down and pausing while writing this. fork. I hope it's not the latter because I have lots of important things to get done today and tomorrow.

Another option is food poisoning. Last night I had sesame noodles with some vegetables...the sesame oil was kinda old? I feel like I'd have more, er, symptoms if that was the case though.

No matter what it is, fork this!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 am 

I actually have rather mild periods, and if I wasn't on birth control I'd probably rarely have a period at all. The only time I have ever had any sort of pain due to my period was my first month on the pill. Let's just say that 6 months of my uterus lining not shedding had consequences and a biiig chunk of tissue came out. (I normally would not share this with people, but somehow I think it's okay here? Sorry.)

Sometimes I scare my boyfriend when I have little emotional freak-outs or moments of stress, but honestly I think I experience those mood swings all month long! Poor guy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

You know those weekend mornings when you're sort of slowly waking up, then all at once you leap from your bed and run to the bathroom because you suddenly realize your cup is leaking all over the place?
Yeah...

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 am 
Has gasoline in her veins

fork. this. shiitake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Been spotting for 2 weeks after my period was done. It went away for about a day, then the spotting. I don't think its a health problem since I have had this happen before, but my boyfriend is all freaked out about it and thinks I need to go to the doctor, but whatever. Just wish it would stop before its time for the next period...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ugh

Reply to topic  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 68  Next