| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "I'm sore" thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:26 pm 
Inflexitarian

You're probably right. I guess my thought process was that I'd make more progress by pushing myself, and I guess I tend to think of muscle soreness as a good thing (as opposed to sore joints, which definitely implies doing something wrong). I mostly go for approximately 30 minutes as you suggested, and round up to the nearest km because integers are nice, but doubt I'd be able to carry on a conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm 
Inflexitarian

I'm not coming into this completely from couch-potato mode, since I did a lot of biking and swimming prior to decided to try running. I've been shooting for running every other day, but maybe I'll take an extra recovery day (or two, depending how I feel) and then repeat 5k in 33 minutes, which I already know I can comfortably do when appropriately recovered. I might be overdoing it, but I really don't want to move backwards, so maybe instead of continually pushing myself forward I'll just hold myself to staying at this point for a couple of weeks. Does that sound reasonable, or would it still be overdoing it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

urgh, I've been carrying really large awkwardly-shaped pieces of MDF to the dumpster for like 2 hours an omg my forearms

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:01 am 
Dead by dawn

All the muscles used to rotate my right shoulder are sore. My wetsuit is too big on top and the sleeve was sort of pulling down on my bicep on Saturday, making it really hard to stroke properly. I think other muscles made up for it. When I lift my arm over my head, I can actually see that a muscle over my shoulder blade is swollen. I am so getting a sleeveless wetsuit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got smacked in the knee with a kayak on Saturday and I have a giant swollen bruise now. I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow - today will have 16 mi of biking riding (approx.) and 2 hours of ultimate frisbee, all on not enough sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:37 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I really hurt my neck/shoulder yesterday morning doing forking star jumps and I can still hardly move my head or my left arm. I got three hours sleep last night because I was in so much pain and tonight I had to miss a gig I'd been looking forward to for months. Screw you Jillian Michaels!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:02 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I ran a downhill half marathon and my legs and joints hurt so badly. Urgh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:07 pm 
Impressive boner

My knees ache from jumping rope for ten minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:00 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I did the hardest ride I've ever done yesterday: a 50-mile mountain bike race with 6000 feet of climbing. It was so hard I almost cried a couple of times. I think I am now going to invest in a foam roller now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 pm 
Dead by dawn

jordanpattern wrote:
I did the hardest ride I've ever done yesterday: a 50-mile mountain bike race with 6000 feet of climbing. It was so hard I almost cried a couple of times. I think I am now going to invest in a foam roller now.

Foam rolling hurts like a bisque while you're doing it (especially quads) but it's like a little miracle afterwars.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I don't even know what I did yesterday, but the back of my legs are so sore. I think it's from squating and being on the floor on my hands and knees a lot? Anddddd I just got done with one of the hardest workouts I've done in years, so I'll be even more sore tomorrow! Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:32 pm 
Inflexitarian

Ran 5k Saturday; Saturday evening a friend was in town and very drunk and wanted to walk it off, so we wandered aimlessly for a while after swinging at the playground for an hour. Yesterday was the Pride Parade so I watched all of that and wandered all over the city and must have been walking pretty much all day long. Then, danced very enthusiastically all evening.

Today, everything hurts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 pm 
Impressive boner

My upper arms, thighs and bum muscles are all unhappy today.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:45 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I took the week off from my crazy zumba/labooca schedule (usually 8 hours/wk + 4 hours of cycling there) which was great, I seriously needed to snooze, and great because some muscles needed a day off, but now my body's complaining about *not* being used, and it's Monday before I can go again. Sigh.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah, that patio I layed... Ouch. My thigh muscles don't really work anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

The stiffness in my muscles doesn't bother me - I see it as a sign of a good workout and stretch through the mild discomfort - but my left elbow has been giving me trouble while doing yoga for the past two days. I start my routine just fine but once I've done about... 6-8 sun salutations my elbow starts to REALLY hurt when I lower myself from plank to a pushup on my way to upward dog. When I feel the pain I try to modify my hand spacing to see if it's form-related but nothing seems to have helped yet so I just drop and stop. I think it's triceps tendonitis but it doesn't hurt at all once I stop - only while doing the movement once I've done it a fair number of times already. (it also doesn't hurt at all while doing straight-arm poses where I'm putting weight on my elbows, only on lowering). I hope this just means it's not a very bad injury yet and will heal quickly. If it doesn't get better in 2 weeks I'll go see my chiropractor and until then I'll keep trying to do my routine but drop and stop when I get the first hint of pain so I don't make it worse I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 pm 
Impressive boner

Grade two groin strain and I'm still feeling last Thursday's workout.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:54 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

How weird is it that Ice Chamber this week was mostly dealing with upper body strength, but my hamstrings are the ones that are sore? They're feeling super tight/sore right now. Luckily there are foam rollers at my work, so I'll be using one tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:55 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

My hip flexors and "booty bones" hurt from horse riding earlier this evening. My arms are a bit sore from his headstrong pulling, too.

Totally worth it, though!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:20 am 
Tofu Pup

My anti-inflammatory miracle worker is a small glass of apple juice with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (must be unpasteurised 'with the mother') and a teaspoon of ground tumeric. I take this twice a day to counteract the negative effects of cycling 60miles every weekday and running 5-6 days a week. Oh, and stretching after a run. The tumeric is a great anti-inflammatory and the cider vinegar aids good circulation (I have pretty crepe circulation in my lower legs and tend to get swollen ankles if I sit around for too long - this concoction really does work for me).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Ouch ouch ouch. Climbing on Tuesday was brutal and I worsened it by hiking yesterday. Everything hurts and I'm walking like a 90 years old! I need a massage.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 am 
Kale Wreath

I hear you on that!

I climbed a mountain on Tuesday (took about 10 hours total) and I can barely walk now, so sore. My boyfriend and I were making fun of each other when walking up and down stairs yesterday because of all the wincing and slowness. We totally moved like elderly people. Ouch ouch ouch!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:09 pm 
Impressive boner

The fronts of my thighs really hurt from doing squats. Every time stand up, sit down or climb stairs I make an 'oof' noise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:44 pm 
Inflexitarian

Did a set of negative pull ups, but obviously did them wrong and pulled something... my upper middle back is crazy sore. I should probably get it checked out, but I have too much to do over the next few days so I probably won't get around to it until Friday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 am 
Ninja Master

Pi. wrote:
My fingers are sore today, from climbing. Other muscles too, but my finger muscles and fingertips are most annoying. I'm improving my grip though, so that's awesome!

I went climbing once (on an indoor climbing wall). It was really fun but it was my forearms that were KILLING the next day. They hurt for about a week! I keep meaning to go back and have another go.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next