| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1940 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 78  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bicycling Badazzes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

SAGAN!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I am by no means a bicycling badass but my brother totally is! Today he's headed to Provence in France to cycle the 660 miles back to the UK & he's going to attempt to cycle the 2000m up Mont Ventoux in 2 hours just for a bit of extra fun! He's doing this in memory of his friends Rob (the youngest guy to summit everest) and James & who sadly died in an ice climbing accident in '09. He has a just giving page here but I really just wanted to tell you guys how rad my bro is!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am 
Hail Seitan!

yah me too. they dont have audi only and i cant stream videos at work :/ so ive been downloading the stages when i get home and watching the last 20k or so during dinner. with the 4th off i was able to watch stage 3 though, very eventful in the last 5k if you havnt seen it yet.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am 

^what bugs me most about that happening is that Cav lost out on points yesterday, Sagan lost out on points today. just as Cav lost the points jersey in the Giro, there's not a particularly fair run at the points jersey. ah well. that's racing, etc

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:41 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Living on the west coast, if I get up early, I can watch most of the stages. I'm debating heading out to the Rapha cycle club one morning to watch with other dorks.

Jojo, your brother is a super badazz!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:56 am 
Hail Seitan!

the crash yesterday was even more nuts. seeing Greipel miss the other bodies/the bouncing bike with both feet off, then regaining his composure... wild!

I think you should jordan, im sure it would be fun to take in the bike nerds

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am 

Schleck and Hesjedal out of GC contention after today. brutal. I feel pretty bad for Hesjedal (and Garmin in general - they came into TdF to win GC..)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:42 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Yeah, that crash was crazy. At least Tyler Farrar didn't get caught up in it. I think that would have pushed the guy over the edge.

Sagan is a forking beast. Holy crepe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 pm 
Inflexitarian

A bakery here shows it live every day. I have only gone once because I keep setting my alarm and then turning it off because I'm too lazy to get out of bed. It is super fun to watch with bike nerds though! And they have drawings daily. One for the people who pick the stage winner and a few others during the stage. I won a shirt the one day I went!

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:32 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Okay, I will go to Rapha for a stage some time in the next week.

Also! Badazzes! The 3-Sanctuary Century is coming up September 15 in Portland. I'm going to be doing it again this year, and I highly recommend it if you're looking for something to train for and/or an excuse to head to Portland for a spell. There should be more details next week, but feel free to post here or PM me if you're interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:23 pm 
Inflexitarian

jordanpattern wrote:

Also! Badazzes! The 3-Sanctuary Century is coming up September 15 in Portland. I'm going to be doing it again this year, and I highly recommend it if you're looking for something to train for and/or an excuse to head to Portland for a spell. There should be more details next week, but feel free to post here or PM me if you're interested.

I don't want to do the race, but maybe I should come down there that weekend for hangout time (if you'll have hangout time). I haven't been there in too long, so that would be a good reason to get down there!

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 am 
Hail Seitan!

jordanpattern wrote:

Ive heard about that. Looks like a really fun time! Maybe Ill make it out for that one day.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

so, the time trial of stage 9.

wow.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:23 am 
Hail Seitan!

just caught up with the In This Thread last night! usually cant watch too much of the TT days but this was entertaining for sure. Next couple days should be interesting

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 am 

Team BMC-Liquigas-Lotto vs Team Sky

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 am 
Hail Seitan!

skys has to be feeling good over the rest day with their performance. need to get home and dl the stage from this morning!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 am 
Hail Seitan!

sky still killing it... watch the last two days last night. Also France must be loving the tour this year. IIRC they didnt have anyone win a stage last year? this year already 3?!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 am 

Rolland won Alpe d'Huez last year, and Voeckler was in yellow for like, half the race.. so they were pretty stoked. but this year is ever better!

Team Sigh dominating today's stage again...yawn

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:21 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

katiejayne wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:

I don't want to do the race, but maybe I should come down there that weekend for hangout time (if you'll have hangout time). I haven't been there in too long, so that would be a good reason to get down there!

You should!

Two more things:

1. The ride isn't a race, just FYI.
2. It looks like they're adding a shorter course this year for people who'd like to ride but don't want to do 100 miles - it's looking like maybe 15 miles?

oh, and! Looks like the route will be a loop this year, starting and ending at the vegan mini mall, with a big old party at the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:44 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

stoked for millar on stage 12 today - and finally some good news for garmin. millar's autobiography is just out in paperback in the uk and i'm half-way through it. quite a read. well worth picking up. definitely had me cheering him over the line.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:16 pm 

unstoked about Goss though :[ though he totally forked Sagan

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:00 pm 
Inflexitarian

jordanpattern wrote:
katiejayne wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:

You should!

Two more things:

1. The ride isn't a race, just FYI.
2. It looks like they're adding a shorter course this year for people who'd like to ride but don't want to do 100 miles - it's looking like maybe 15 miles?

oh, and! Looks like the route will be a loop this year, starting and ending at the vegan mini mall, with a big old party at the end.

I don't think I could make it 100 miles! But it looks like fun! Do you get to meet animal friends at sanctuaries?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Tacks on the road!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:01 am 
Hail Seitan!

jordanpattern wrote:
Tacks on the road!!!!!!

Damn hooligans!!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:51 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Sorry if Jordan already posted about this, but she, I, and vegimator, along with a bunch of cool PDX folks, are doing this again!: https://www.facebook.com/TheSanctuaryCentury

If anyone wants to join, details are on the page! This year's route is different, and I think there's going to be a shorter route (like a metric century or something) if people want to come along but don't want to ride a full 103-ish miles in one day. :)

Or if you want to donate: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/T ... entury2012 We're gonna try and raise $20,000 this year, woop woop!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 1940 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 78  Next