| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight Loss and Fitness Gadgets
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:57 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

So you don't need premium to see all that sleep tracking info?

ndpittman wrote:
I sent the email anyway bastah.

I accepted!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I don't think premium is necessary at all. I was a bit surprised by it really. I mean, not that I can speak to the sleeping part. But for everything else. I don't know. It seems like it's charging for what you can get from MyFitnessPal for free. Well, other than comparing yourself with other users, and I don't feel like that's a good idea, for me anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:54 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My husband just asked if I had any design prefs for the flex. Maybe that means they're considering a redesign! I asked for it to be slimmer. Heh. For me it's too clunky.

He wanted me to ask if the add friends thing still down so they can fix it? He looked and didn't see a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:46 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

okay, here's my one thing. if i'm home and not working out, i'm not wearing a bra. i've been clipping it to the neck of my shirt but i feel like i'm going to stretch the holder too much and break it. otherwise, love.

ndpittman wrote:
I don't think premium is necessary at all. I was a bit surprised by it really. I mean, not that I can speak to the sleeping part. But for everything else. I don't know. It seems like it's charging for what you can get from MyFitnessPal for free. Well, other than comparing yourself with other users, and I don't feel like that's a good idea, for me anyway.

yeah, i don't really care? i mean i can see that stuff, if i'm desperate enough for comparison i can figure that out myself.

couroupita wrote:
My husband just asked if I had any design prefs for the flex. Maybe that means they're considering a redesign! I asked for it to be slimmer. Heh. For me it's too clunky.

He wanted me to ask if the add friends thing still down so they can fix it? He looked and didn't see a problem.

i love how tiny the one is!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:36 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

The clunkyness of the flex is one of the things that turned me off to it, so a sleeker model would be better.

Re: Sleep tracking. I really do aim for 8 hours of sleep a night, so the tracking can help me with this goal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:12 pm 

My One came! So excited to see what it says over the next few weeks (want to see how much I walk in a typical work day and how much I'll be walking at Dragon*Con)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

couroupita wrote:

The add friends thing is still not working for me. It gives me an error screen that says "Sorry... it's not you, it's us. We're experiencing an internal server problem. Please try again later or contact support."

I don't really have any complaints about the flex! It doesn't really feel clunky to me. Oh, actually the material does scuff kind of easily. It would be nice if it held up a little better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:18 pm 

I don't know if I'm doing this right. I have my fitbit and My Fitness Pal synced together. I turn the activity function on on my One and then I put in more accurate calorie burns in MFP but apparently they're both showing on fitbit?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 am 

I heard that you should use MFP for food only. I log exercise into MFP because I like that it calculates the calories... then I DELETE it and enter the activity into Fitbit with that calorie amount

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 am 

so confused! *curls up*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 am 

Just enter food into MFP and don't delete that. Enter exercise if you want, just to get the calorie info, but then delete that entry after. Go to the fitbit site and to the activity tab to add the exercise and calorie info.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:44 am 

MFP will still know that you burned those calories, it just won't know which activity you did, so it will still count it in the amount of calories you should eat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm 

Actually, sorry, you don't even need to add and then delete on MFP, because it will show you the calories and then give you the choice to add it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:07 am 
Seagull of the PPK

it appears i may not be smart enough for this thing.
just when i was about to order a fitbit, i had a hunt through the drawers here and found three pedometers. so i may wait a bit on the equipment and keep entering it all into dailymile old-timey-like.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:08 pm 

Hmm MFP is guessing that I will be burning over 3k cals today. I dunno about that! I'm at 2400 right now though (says fitbit).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:56 pm 

OK, I found the problem! I entered my hour of dancing an hour too late, I think. So I believe it doubled the amount of calories for that hour.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Kelly wrote:
couroupita wrote:

The add friends thing is still not working for me. It gives me an error screen that says "Sorry... it's not you, it's us. We're experiencing an internal server problem. Please try again later or contact support."

I don't really have any complaints about the flex! It doesn't really feel clunky to me. Oh, actually the material does scuff kind of easily. It would be nice if it held up a little better.

OK, he said it seems to be an isolated problem with your account? I guess it's working whenever he tries it, so he said to contact support to fix the error (helpful, I know!). How annoying!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:46 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Since I don't know anyone in real life with a fitbit, I would love to be able to add some people so I can make use of the friends feature. My email is erinmonica at gmail dot com...add me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:03 am 

I sent you an invite!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:19 am 

Ugh, the little rubber tip popped off my Fitbit Zip, and I can't find it anywhere! Now the end of the clip is like two pronged, and I'm worried about it snagging on stuff. I tweeted about it in hopes Fitbit is like, oh, let us send you a new case thing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i got a fitbit one for my birfday today.
im excited but it came with zero instructins other than to go to the fitbit/com/setup page.

how do i reset it to zero?
it says i did 46 steps and burned 700 cals before i even put it on. im guessing just the movement of the box it was in.
no biggie if i cant.

any tips on how to use it?
i find the charger thing you put it in almost impossible to take off. it took my husband and i 10 mins together to pry it off.

how do you friend people? ive heard people talking about comparing their stats with their fitbit pals.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

it also seems to think im taking steps as im sitting here on the floor?
i have it clipped to my bra strap by my arm and my husband thinks maybe when i move my arm it thinks its a step?

where do you ladies where it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:42 am 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

I can't help you with the FB, but when I was having UP troubles I found support forums that set me in the right direction.

By the by, I ended up having to return my first UP and the replacement band has been awesome. Three thumbs up!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:55 am 

That's what I was going to suggest. Or contact fitbit. Their customer support is stellar. I piece popped off the case for my fitbit zip, and they mailed me a new one! There's also info in the support forum about measuring and entering your stride length. Yours sounds like it might just be wonky though if it's counting steps without you being on your feet. I usually wear mine on my bra or hip pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i think the issue was that it synced while i was sitting there and that's why the total went up. i was looking at the dashboard online not the actual device

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next