| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight Loss and Fitness Gadgets
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:12 am 
Seagull of the PPK

did anyone get the misfit? I am seeing it at bestbuy for the same price as the flex (some special deal with the band for 99). i can't decide which one to get. the force is 129, the flex 100, but i really like seeing the numbers so i am wondering if i shouldn't just get a zip (but i lose things so easily.....) aargh!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:16 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

I was on the verge of getting the misfit when my replacement Up finally arrived and this second gen one is working so, so good. No issues. Love it and love the data. There's a 3rd gen either out or coming soon that syncs wirelessly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 am 
WRETCHED

I'm loving the Polar loop. I actually read a review putting it down! I was surprised but I guess the person really, really loves the Nike version and they had an android phone(I think there is no android app yet?). I like being able to have something on my wrist that shows the time, as well as steps and activity monitor. It gives a calorie estimate which is useful for me although I assume it is off. The activity graphs are also interesting on the website/app.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I ended up sending my Force back. It was too big to wear with a watch, and I don't like things on my right wrist.

That being said, I love the Zip and haven't lost it yet (but came close). I'm having the most luck hooking it on my bra.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:46 pm 
WRETCHED

So for my health insurance, apparently I have to use a fitbit to get some health care spending account stuff.. so... I figure maybe I should add friends? How do I do that? Anyone want to be my friend?

Oh I think I partially figured it out, I linked Facebook and found Ndp, appi and Lisa.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm going to send you a request!

edit: oh wait, nm, I couldn't find you in appi's friends list. When I'm not on my phone I'll just post the link to my profile.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Here's my profile! I need more PPK friends!

http://www.fitbit.com/user/28BPWN

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

This is my profile! Everyone add me!

www.fitbit.com/user/2BYDV7

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:33 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Nebraskalaska wrote:
This is my profile! Everyone add me!

http://www.fitbit.com/user/2BYDV7

Request sent!

Linanil, I sent a request to you to. I think it has my irl name on there, not couroupita.

I've been super bummed all week and havent used my fitbit. Time to get back on track!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm just got a fitbit flex and I love it! Even though I am get lots of fitness as a runner, I was worried that so much of my day, otherwise, is spent sitting thanks to a sedentary job. I have only been tracking for a couple of days, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that I do hit 10,000+ steps a day, generally, even without fitness. Before I got my fitbit I had been making little changes to reduce my sitting time at work - like choosing the farthest coffee shop for my tea break, walking at lunch, or walking over to my colleague's offices instead of calling/sending an email and trying to use my standing desk for at least 1/3 of my day. It's motivating to actually see the numbers that show these little changes really add up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I got a fitbit zip! I've only had it for a day but so far I love it. Seeing how many calories I actually burn in a day is so helpful, rather than just guessing. And I love how easy the app is, but it still feels complete. I needed something to help kickstart me back into eating better and exercising more regularly, and I think this will really help. I'm definitely the kind of person who needs the external motivation.

The only thing the zip doesn't do is sleep tracking. Does anyone use that much? Is it helpful?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:33 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I just ordered the Up! I need some sort of motivation to get off my asparagus, and having a gadget tell me exactly how long I've been sitting should help with that. Also, I'm really interested in the sleep stats, and seeing how active I am at work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

parkerk wrote:
I got a fitbit zip! I've only had it for a day but so far I love it. Seeing how many calories I actually burn in a day is so helpful, rather than just guessing. And I love how easy the app is, but it still feels complete. I needed something to help kickstart me back into eating better and exercising more regularly, and I think this will really help. I'm definitely the kind of person who needs the external motivation.

The only thing the zip doesn't do is sleep tracking. Does anyone use that much? Is it helpful?

I don't have a fitbit but mine does sleep tracking too. I do it a few times a month, just to get an idea of what's going on. It's pretty neat!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:32 pm 
***LIES!!!***

zelavie wrote:
I just ordered the Up! I need some sort of motivation to get off my asparagus, and having a gadget tell me exactly how long I've been sitting should help with that. Also, I'm really interested in the sleep stats, and seeing how active I am at work.

The sleep stats from the UP are fascinating. I sleep all wrong, apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:18 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Ariann wrote:
zelavie wrote:

The sleep stats from the UP are fascinating. I sleep all wrong, apparently.

Heh. Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of too. I feel like it would be interesting to see exactly what's going on at night, because I feel like I need a LOT of sleep, and I usually wake up a few times a night. But, I'm cheap so no sleep tracking for me right now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:22 pm 

zelavie wrote:

I really, really like it. I also love my weekly data email.

Note, though, that Up can be glitchy and if it seems to stop tracking, just contact customer service via the website and they are immediately responsive. Sometimes it's the app that can be a problem. The support forums are super helpful.

Granted, a product at this price point should be great out of the box and forever, but, the reality is that there is a kink or two, but Jawbone is very interested in keeping folks happy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

My biggest problem with the UP is actually with the app, which doesn't always sync right.

The other thing, though, is that I didn't realize it would have non-hypo-allergenic metal parts. I've had to paint them over several times with clear polish and have to be very careful not to have the metal part of the cap facing inward. For that price, what about a little stainless steel, people?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:06 pm 

There's a fix for that! You can delete and reinstall the app, you won't lose data, or, what I had to do for Mr. Sz was close all the running apps on his iPhone, delete the app, turn the phone off and then reinstall the app. Then, good to go.

Email support with your specifics, they will hook you up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:36 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Won't it just mess up again, though? It will work eventually, I just usually need to quit the app and sync again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:33 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I got my Up on Thursday! It's so interesting to be able to see this info. I work in retail, and every day that I've worked, I've far exceeded 10,000 steps. My best day yet was 16,000+. This is just work and walking around a home or shopping - no added excercise. The flip side is that my days off are kinda pathetic. I got maybe 4,000 on one day. The other was a travel day, so not really a big deal to me. The thing I really like is that now I can see how inactive I am on the off days, and am taking that as a challenge to get those 10,000 steps on those days as well.

The sleep stuff is kinda the best, though! I keep scrolling back and forth on the charts, seeing what times I got up, how many minutes I was awake, when my deep sleeps were, etc. Completely fascinating.

I know I'm not using this to its fullest potential yet - I'm just having fun getting familiar with my current patterns before trying to change them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:16 pm 

Ariann wrote:
Won't it just mess up again, though? It will work eventually, I just usually need to quit the app and sync again.

I don't ever have trouble syncing with mine, and once I reinstalled the app for Mr. He hasn't had a problem again. So, I don't know?!?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:37 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Looks like they have a new app out anyway, maybe I'll just upgrade. I haven't been wearing my UP for several days because I lost the cap and I'm allergic to the metal inside (and outside, but that's painted over with polish) and then I stupidly ordered the caps for the UP24 instead of the regular one so now I have to order again and send these back. Blergh.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 am 
Tofu Pup

Does anyone know if the Fitbit flex has any exposed metal parts? I'm allergic to nickel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

The flex doesn't have exposed metal/nickel, just the force.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:45 pm 
WRETCHED

And I'm allergic to nickel, yet the force doesn't bother me for some reason.

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next