| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Uncomplicated home workouts?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:27 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here knows of some workouts (or even workout videos) that can be done at home and with minimal equipment. I've got a 4-year-old and I'm in college full-time, currently unemployed but that shouldn't last long, so I don't have a lot of free time but I'm really trying to get healthier. We live in a sketchy neighborhood, so while ideally we'd take our dog for walks in the nice weather (what we did last year when we lived in a nicer area), that's not really an option now. I tried doing a Denise Austin workout video today, but my kid was crawling under my legs while I was stretching lol.

I love going to the gym, I would go 5x a week if I could, but it's super expensive and my husband works a lot (the daycare at the gym is also unbelievably expensive). Too bad I can't fit a treadmill in our tiny apartment!

Post subject: Re: Uncomplicated home workouts?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:30 pm 
Tofu Pup

Whoops, just realized I should have posted this in the Exercise section. Sorry! Can I move it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 pm 
A Bad Person

I found this to be a pretty good plan for bodyweight routines. I used it a few times while recovering from a broken foot and not wanting to be that guy in the gym with a broken foot. It's all bodyweight stuff, so very little equipment needed. And the equipment you need are stuff like chairs.

http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/start- ... utine.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I really like jillian michaels 6 week 6 pack. It's really hard interval type stuff. I'm super out of shape so I can only do 15 minutes of level one, but it's really good cause I feel like it's a super concentrated 15 minutes, so if this on a time crunch it might work. I believe it's on either Amazon prime or you tube for free.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:53 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I really love Blogilates videos (http://www.blogilates.com). The woman who does them (Cassie Ho) is really enthusiastic and chatty, which I could see getting to some people but helps distract me from how hard some of the workouts are. The nice thing is that most of the videos are really short, with the idea that you'd either do them a few times or mix and match different muscle groups, so hopefully you can squeeze in a video or two before someone crawls on top of you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:18 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

If you've an Xbox one, you might want to get for free the Xbox Fitness (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/xbox-fitness) it has a lot of different type of workouts for all different levels.
I also can highly recommend the Zuzka Light workouts that are short, very efficient and are suitable for any fitness level: https://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:04 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

For free online yoga, there is "Do Yoga With Me": http://www.doyogawithme.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:23 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've been picking up different work out games from work and trying to stick with them.

I did Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus every morning for about 3 months, then my roommate got a WII U and it just had more options so I switched over to that. It was nice because I set the bar pretty low for myself (having never worked out a day in my life) I tried to get 30 mins a day every day, so on days I was really beat I stuck with yoga, balance games and less intense stuff. Working out in the morning (and getting up an hour earlier) worked out well for me and stopped sucking after the first two weeks. And the variety and control over what I did made it a lot more fun and less stressful. The wii board/voice over though was super judgey on weight, so knowing going in that it runs of BMI and stupid stuff like that will help laugh it off when the animated board goes 'ohh my' if anyone over 110 steps on.

After falling off the wagon for a while, I grabbed UFC Personal Trainer for the PS3 and it's a really different experience, much more rigid, intense and honestly frustrating. If you have a 360 I think the Kinect is a better home fitness option because it has skeletal tracking. I am going to try and trouble shoot my move set up and see if I can figure it out. It might be a better fit for folks who are either UFC fans, in better shape or looking to push themselves. I am going to stick with it for 30 days and see if it helps, for me I like the feed back from getting trophies (achievements) and that motivates me to keep going. I'm going to keep an eye out for other options for the PS3 to test out now that I bought the move.

My Boss also recently started working out with Dance Central on Kinnect initially then did a few free fitness games and then invested in a stationary bike he rides for 1 episode of glee a day (normal cycle during talking and biking hard during the songs). He says it's pretty effective and he has definitely lost a bunch of weight and built muscle, he also cut out soda though and does push ups during down time at the store.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Jessica Smith has loads of free workouts on YouTube. She's quite wonderful, really. And she often has her little dog in the videos as well - what could be better?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:19 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I REALLY like yrg/ddp yoga (it's actually a lot more resistance training than yoga.) it's like a p90x thing but it's designed by this ex-pro wrestler to get you in hella good shape without hurting injuries and stuff. anyway, it moves quickly (unlike actual yoga) and it's a really satisfying workout.

The actual "program" is one of those expensive dvd set things but you can find it online if you're willing to torrent it.

all you need is a yoga mat and a water bottle.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://emmelinesolomon.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:27 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

I would take a look at Insanity Max:30- https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitne ... workout.do It a hard, fun, and great program that gets you in really good shape. The workouts are 30 minutes which helps so much when you have a busy schedule. If you 4 year old continues to get in the way you could always find moments in the workout to use them as a weight. Your 4 year old will love being a part of you workout and it helps keep them out of the way. The schedule helped keep me motivated and it also comes with a meal plan that I still use to make my lunches. It's worth a shot and hope it helps.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:00 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I've been working out with the FitStar app on my phone. I wound up paying for the premium version because I wanted to use it more than free version allowed. If I recall correctly, the free version only gave two workouts a week. I alternate days running and using FitStar, so I needed it more than twice a week. I like that it has you rate exercises after you do them, so it is able to give you harder exercises as you progress. It also uses videos of real people doing the exercises, which I find much more helpful than drawings or descriptions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Fitnessblender.com is great. The vast majority (if not all) of their workouts require no special equipment (besides weights), there's a ton of variety, and there's no silly music or inspirational speeches (which is not my bag, but maybe it's yours).

Also, maybe this isn't helpful, but perhaps you could get your four-year-old involved in the workouts, doing heavily modified moves alongside you instead of crawling under your legs? Is there someplace that you can get away to and someone who could watch your daughter for a short time so that you can have some time to yourself? Obviously I don't know your situation so forgive me if you've already thought about this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:15 am 
Tofu Pup

post u good

ร่วมเล่นสนุกๆไปกับพวกเรา ได้ที่นี่ คาสิโนออนไลน์