| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Girls and Weightlifting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:41 pm 
WRETCHED

The book is "New Rules of Lifting for Women".

Also, I Crossfit and I've seen many beginners Crossfit. I think it definitely can be for beginners as you modify and ramp up your workouts per your ability. I have seen a lot of personal progress. Also, there is nothing special with P90x that makes it an advanced workout as it too can be modified and I've done the workouts modified myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:00 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Windwalkergirl wrote:
Pop! wrote:
cosmiclettuce wrote:
So how are the rules of lifting different for women? I'm always wary of books that target women specifically as they tend to have a lot of bullshiitake included. I take it this one's different?

I hope I didn't ramble too much. I hope that some of this is helpful and I'd be happy to elaborate on anything that I've mentioned.

What's the new rules book that was referred to?

If you google the title, you'll find it. I find it to be a pretty good "here's how to lift weights safely and here are a bunch of different exercises you can do" kind of book for when I'm brain dead and can't think of what I want to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I ordered that New Rules of Lifting for Women and should be getting it soon, I want to ramp up my weightlifting a bit. I've been doing targeted exercises, upper and lower body and abs, for a few years, but I was interested in this because it seems like it shows you how to do more full-body exercises. I'm really curious to try it out! I'm weird in that I don't really like lifting classes. I like to really focus and I find it easier if I'm just doing my own plan rather following a class.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:10 pm 
Nailed to the V

You know, I didn't think I was seeing much progression in strength until I went to the grocery store yesterday. I picked up a 20lb bottle of cat litter and had to triple check to make sure it was REALLY 20lbs because it seemed really easy to pick up, even with one hand! I even looked to see if the safety seal was broken and someone had poured some out. Nope, the full 20 was easy.

Crazy.

I love my kettlebells.

I'm also going to go hang out infront of Sams/Costco and pimp myself out to weak women to carry their dog food and stuff like that to their car. Make me some tip money for being strong yo ;) Hahah! If only I could do a pushup...working on it!