| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 139  Next
 Post subject: Re: Running!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:39 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Lobsteriffic no Toronto tribe yet, but they do aim to take over the world. Keep an eye on November project nomad on twitter and the regular np twitter and you may see something come to Toronto at some point! (Np nomad is for when tribe leaders travel for vacation or work and lead a workout in a different location. Andrew ference is a hockey player who does this a bit. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:24 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I am so rungry. After I eat breakfast in the morning I feel like I need another breakfast within the hour. It's gotten out of control. I just want to eat all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

ME TOO. Especially 2nd and third breakfasts. I've been trying to add more fats into my snacks/meals (avocado, pb, etc.) and that helps a bit, but I am still eating a ton of food!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:58 pm 
A Bad Person

I've been having shiitake runs lately. We're finally experiencing typical August heat here. Sunday, I wanted to go 11 and I went to bed early to wake up early so I could get my run in before it got hot. I got up early, and felt like absolute garbage. I called it real early, and I'm glad I did, but by the time I was feeling better, it was a bazillion degrees outside.

Last night I set out for a measly (for me) three miles, and it was still a bazillion degrees outside, and it was horrible. My calves hurt and it threw off my stride and I was melting. Just awful.

So tonight, I'm doing six on the treadmill at the gym. fork everything, I need to get some miles, and if I have to do it on a treadmill, so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:01 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yup. I was just telling biker boy that I've reached the hobbit stage of my training cycle. First breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Tonight, I am going running with my 4 bestest running pals. YAY! We have not been running together (although hanging out and doing other non-running activities) since we all ran the ultra marathon in June. My one pal moved to Toronto but is back for a visit, another gal is a teacher so she has been traveling and backpacking this summer, someone else is a triathlete and is focusing on bike races right now and the last gal in the group is headed to Kenya in 2 weeks to climb Mt Kilimanjaro so she's been hiking a lot to prep. (Yes, we are an awesome pack of ladybros and non-ironically call ourselves the Fearless Five)

Just thought I would pop into this thread and spread the running buddy love!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:12 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I fell! Again! I scraped up my left palm pretty badly, but other than that only my pride was hurt. I was having such a good run too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:57 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Ugh Nebraska. I fell on Tuesday on sidewalk (totally flat and smooth, in a run that also had some technical trail and steep climbs/descents on it... That's where I fell) and everything still forking hurts from it. Falling is the worst.

Brian, heat is also the worst! And treadmills too. I am usually morose about summer ending but this year I'm like fork summer, I'll take whatever as long as I can run in < 80 at least twice a week.

On a positive note, I am on vacation and vacation running is THE BEST.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:12 pm 

That sucks, Nebraska! Feel better.

I think my PT exercises are helping! My knee is at least not getting any worse, and I feel confident that I can do the marathon! Today I did 8 miles "fast" (well, really fast for me, 8:30 miles), and felt good. In two days I plan on 15-16 miles. I'm really excited. Are we runners weird?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:56 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

mooo wrote:
That sucks, Nebraska! Feel better.

I think my PT exercises are helping! My knee is at least not getting any worse, and I feel confident that I can do the marathon! Today I did 8 miles "fast" (well, really fast for me, 8:30 miles), and felt good. In two days I plan on 15-16 miles. I'm really excited. Are we runners weird?

Yay! That's awesome! Also, I do not want to run that marathon alone, so I am also selfishly happy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:25 pm 

Oh I'm so happy to hear that! I was starting to get worried that you were getting fast and serious and that I would slow you down. I think running with someone is sooo helpful and am really excited about it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:26 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yay mooo - I'm glad you're feeling good! Nebraska I hope you heal up from your fall and C&S vacation running is awesome! It's great to explore new routes.

18 miles this morning! Toward the end it was pouring rain and there was some scary intense fork lightning and I was starting to wonder if I should even be outside, but I only had 2 more miles to go and I was near some pretty tall buildings so I figured the lightning would hit those instead. I'm glad I toughed it out because 5 minutes later the storm miraculously blew away and there was blue sky just as I was finishing up.

As a side note, I broke 40 miles this week (42.82)!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Nice job on the mileage, Lobsteriffic!

I did 18 miles this morning! I felt pretty awesome. I started getting stiff and sore toward the end, but that's it.

But...I fell. Again. That is not a double post. I have fallen two days in a row. This time I scraped up both of my knees and opened the scabs on my hands from yesterday back up. I hit my shoulder really hard and got gnarly road rash, so I'm super glad I was wearing a shirt with sleeves today because it could have been worse. I fell at mile 17 too! Ugh! I don't know what's wrong with me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:57 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yikes Nebraska! Take care out there!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:51 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aw Nebraska. What a bummer! Good work on the 18 though, falls or not, you're crushing it.

I fell on Sunday as well as Tuesday (tripped over a root while looking over my shoulder soooo... Totally my fault) but it was comparatively benign. Though maybe that's why I still hurt so much.

My week has been sort of crappy for running but I got out this morning and did a really fun and relaxing 9 miles which kinda got me back on track. Long run day tomorrow, and then better luck next week!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:41 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I fall more if I"m tired? So maybe it's just going into the run slightly more tired than usual? Or the distance is just long enough to reach that point?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:54 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

3 months ago I lowered my 10 years old PB in 5000m by 7 seconds, from 16:44 to 16:37, something that at the moment I was still not able to believed.
Today it was the time to compete on the track again, now in the regional championships. I was not there for the position this time I just wanted to do a fast time. First lap the leaders I passed it 2 seconds under the recommended time set by my coach, and the leaders were already 10 meters ahead of me.
Second lap I did it slower, at the recommended time but the group slowed down, so I decided to just pass all of them and tried to continue at the pace set by my coach, I was not sure if I could hold this pace to the end, and I was pretty sure that at some point of the race these guys will overtake me. Anyway out of courage I did that move and took the lead.
At 3400m a guy overtook me really fast, but slowed down a lot after 500m and I took the lead again. I never dared to look backwards but I could hear and feel some steps just behind me.
With 400m to go I increased the pace with the reserve of the fuel tank. With 100m to go a guy passed me by and I had no energy left to respond to that.
Anyway finished the race in 2nd place with a MASSIVE, unbelievable PB of 16:08.51...

4 months ago, in my dreams I was hoping to run at least once again under 17 minutes the 5000m. At this moment I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not. No kidding.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:39 pm 
Dead by dawn

So awesome, worldrunner!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:13 pm 

That is awe-inspiring, worldrunner! Congratulations!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 pm 
***LIES!!!***

World runner, damn! Good for you!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:13 pm 

Wow, that's amazing!

I did 15.5 today and felt pretty good! Losing two weeks to this knee issue at the peak of marathon training was such a setback, but I really feel like I can do this thing! I just love running and wish my body would cooperate.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congratulations worldrunner! What am amazing PB!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yay worldrunner!

I need to change my AM running route. Now that the sunrise is so much later I end up running in the dark which isn't a huge deal if I was going somewhere with street lights. My usual morning route is on a gravel running/biking path that's lined with tall trees. It was still runnable until this morning - it was pitch dark! Even though I've ran on that path thousands of times, it was still a little creepy in the dark and I was worried about turning an ankle or something.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:06 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Amazing worldrunner!

I registered for a half marathon in May, and my longest run at this point has been 5 miles. I hope that doesn't make me crazy, because I'm actually pretty excited.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:34 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Peanut you totally got this!

My running shoes were discontinued last year and my current pair are getting quite worn out. I don't think there's any way they'll make it to the marathon in October. Anyhoo, I found the last pair of size 11's in my discontinued shoe on the internet (or so it seemed!) and bonus - they were $60 off because everyone wants the new model! Yay!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 139  Next