| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FitBit Users
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:48 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

i use the regular setting, and i definitely know i'm 'outsmarting it' sometimes (i.e., i'm very still, so it thinks i'm asleep, but i'm really awake)... but i'm a little afraid of what it would look like on the sensitive setting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just got the fit bit charger from my boss at work. He got one for himself, his fiance, and my coworker its the charger HR. I haven't really been into exercising or anything, but the idea of being more active through just walking is a bit encouraging and it seems to have a lot of features.

I've used the sleep app on it's default setting I believe, and I really like the alarm setting as a silent way to wake up cause my partner is on back shift and gets in around 6am to go to bed. I also use the alarm to know when i'm off work as there isn't a clock in the store or the kitchen, so it is helpful for not staying late accidentally.

Just started using the food log and it seems like there are no built in vegan options except coffee with soymilk, so adding individual stuff is a bit of a pain. I've never formally counted calories before, but it seems like no matter what I eat I wind up being 'over' by around 1,000 which seems high. A few vegan locals who use fitbit suggested I get MyFitnessPal because it synchs and has more vegan options, has anyone had luck with it? Or calorie counting in general? Trying to figure out how to do this without being hungry all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I so need s Fitbit in my life. I've become so inactive thanks to a nice long bout of depression. I've dropped hints with the boyfriend as I'm finally getting to see him next week after a long spell apart. I tend to be a goal orientated person and need something that is very obvious to remind me that I need to at least get moving.

I've used myfitnesspal before and have found it great. I'm trying to build up the motivation to get back on it but at present I don't have the motivation to actually make meals so going to try focus on activity for the next few months instead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:12 am 
Tofu Pup

I have the ChargeHR and I absolutely love it. I had the flex at first, but I wanted something that counted how many flights of stairs I did since I hike a lot of mountains. The thing that motivates me the most with the fitbit is the challenges they have on the app, your friends/family you challenge can see we you are being lazy so it always motivates me to move more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 am 
WRETCHED

So I was using my Apple Watch, but then I got a rash so that is a no go. Now I'm back to Fitbit so yeah :) I'm also using their app to track my food as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My Fitbit died. It didn't even make it three months. I have a new one they sent me when the sleep function on my first one died that I never set up so that's good.