| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warrior Dash
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:12 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Has anyone done this or knows someone who has? My cousin mentioned it to me last night and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm not too into the "warrior" part of it, but want to see if I can finish the course. I've been running a bit so I think I can manage most of it, just might struggle with the climbing. Our area isn't having it until April so that is plenty of time to practice. I've always been known as the clumsy nerd of my family, so if I can get a group together and kick asparagus, that would be awesome.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

Post subject: Re: Warrior Dash
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 am 
Saggy Butt

I was at the Central Texas one last month. I was actually working the gear check because they pay groups of 25 people $1,000 dollars to work for 6 hours so it was a huge fundraiser for my community service organization. I wish I had been doing the race but I got to see a lot of it. The course varies from location to location but there mud and climbing over stuff and I'm pretty sure you have to jump over fire in all of them. At the end of this one you had to jump over fire and then go through mud and while going under barbed wire. At first the mud was so deep people basically had to swim through it but through the day after a few thousand people did it, there wasn't much mud and it was more crawling on your knees across a muddy ground. I would definitely run it next time it's here. My advice though: wear your oldest shoes, they won't come out alive. They actually have a thing where you can donate your muddy shoes to be recycled and in exchange they give you a free pair of rubber flip flops. Also, try to do it in hot weather because this was a cold day in Texas and when people came out of the mud, they're bodies were steaming from the cold air and their only option was to take a shower (they have showers) and then come back out in the cold.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:13 am 
Nailed to the V

No, but I've heard of it before and it always seems like so much fun! I always wish I had someone to do it with...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:44 am 
WRETCHED

I looked at the Maryland one and they have you climbing over old, rusted cars? Maybe I'm just paranoid of tetanus but ... what?! Although they also have a tightrope walk where you walk over river on one rope while holding a rope above your head. Yeah... that pretty much disqualifies me :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:17 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks for the info Nora. The shoes I have now should be ready to retire by then if not sooner.

Linanil- Whoa! Ours has the junk pile but not the tightrope, but there is something where you walk over a ditch/creek on a plank. The fire and the wall climb are the two I am most afraid of right now. I think I might go with my sister and her boyfriend, so I will report back on it in April. The more I look at the events, the more scared I get, which means I need to try it at least once.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:03 pm 
Nailed to the V

linanil wrote:
I looked at the Maryland one and they have you climbing over old, rusted cars? Maybe I'm just paranoid of tetanus but ... what?! Although they also have a tightrope walk where you walk over river on one rope while holding a rope above your head. Yeah... that pretty much disqualifies me :)

You know you want to do it... I'd totally do it with you too... Although I got an updated tetanus shot last spring, so I'm good for 10 years...