| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Year's Resolutions...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:43 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Anyone make a fitness/weight loss resolution?

My wife and I are having a baby in March...while transforming my old office into the nursery I came across some photos of college. Weekly rock climbing, mountain bike races and daily gymnastics practices left my physique tone and trim. While its only been about 6 years allot has changed! Namely a lot less movement and more stress!

I am not in terrible shape but I definitely feel the consequences when I attempt to do something I could once do with ease. I have about 10lbs to trim off and some muscle to tone up! I am resolving to complete a 30 day challenge where I eat only, "healthy" vegan food and track EVERYTHING I eat - consuming up to my daily caloric needs. This plus 30minutes of daily exercise should do the trick.

I not only want to trim down - but cut out some stress and be more jovial. I don't want a poor lifestyle to hold me back from being a happy, active & energetic dad!

Post subject: Re: New Year's Resolutions...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I think my fitness resolution for the year is to lose the bit of fat that is covering my muscles. I'm in pretty good shape and have quite a bit of muscle, but I think I need to cut back on calories a bit to really reveal my muscles.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:38 pm 
Saggy Butt

I got an early start on mine, been working out again the past week, plan on losing 20 lbs and getting in better shape all around.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

starting p90x again and cutting out week day drinking

Blog: http://blogthejerk.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mikedesert
Band: http://www.myspace.com/hornssf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I hear ya! This is what I looked like when I was backpacking round Australia, trekking, biking, climbing, swimming etc, still drinking and not paying attention to food, just being active.

Now everything is flab central. I'm still very thankful to be healthy but I would like to get that zest, sense of adventure and energy back. I've decided to do p90x too.

Good luck! Hope your wife is doing well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

To ride. To ride my bicycle many many miles; when I'm doing that, everything else falls in to place- I need to strength train to build muscles and even imbalances, I have to eat well and keep drinking down to a minimum. When I ride, I am good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:17 am 
Ninja Master

To lose the rest of the weight that needs to come off and to run! I am going to start doing the Couch to 5k.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:00 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

My goal is just to increase my fitness levels in general, loss some of my excess weight and feel healthier.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:08 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I am going to do more weight training, and run at least 500 miles this year. I'm happy with my weight now and I would like some more definition.

"It's like instead of meat I'm ingesting pure optimism!" - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:04 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I would like to lose about 50 pounds, but I'd be happy with 40 if that's the best I can do. The plan is to work out at least 5 days a week (while eating better and less), starting with half an hour but working my way up to an hour of exercise a day. I'm also planning to get to the point where I work out every day unless I am dying, but 5 days is a good start.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:21 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I didn't plan on this but it is close enough to the new year-I'm registering for the Pittsburgh Marathon! I may walk it so I am waiting to register just to better judge how far I get with my training!
I have wanted to be in the marathon for 15 years! I'm 35 so I figure its now or never!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

amethyst wrote:
I would like to lose about 50 pounds, but I'd be happy with 40 if that's the best I can do. The plan is to work out at least 5 days a week (while eating better and less), starting with half an hour but working my way up to an hour of exercise a day. I'm also planning to get to the point where I work out every day unless I am dying, but 5 days is a good start.

This sounds like me! I'd really like to lose about 20 pounds to get back to my pre-wedding weight and exercise every day, along with taking my dog for a 20-25 minute walk. We can do this! I'm using my wedding pictures as inspiration.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

I want to feel really good about my body. That mainly means learning how to keep up being fit and active when my life gets busy. I need to stick to exercising at least 4 days a week, even if it means losing a little extra sleep when I'm super busy, and I need to ride my bike to work more often.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

i'd like to get back into the exercise groove, which i dropped when i moved in october. i'd like to be doing yoga as many days a week as i can fit in, since it makes me feel strong and calm (and sore) and helps me sleep better. i will be back at the gym too, letting myself do whatever i feel like, whether it's a cardio or weights class, or those things on my own.

i'm hoping to gain some more energy by doing these things! i'd like to shift my sleep pattern towards sleeping earlier and waking earlier, and hopefully needing less sleep!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Karma007 wrote:
To ride. To ride my bicycle many many miles; when I'm doing that, everything else falls in to place- I need to strength train to build muscles and even imbalances, I have to eat well and keep drinking down to a minimum. When I ride, I am good.

That's exactly my sentiment, when I ride my bike my joints don't hurt, I'm in good shape, I eat healthy and don't smoke. I feel you.