| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:52 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Invictus wrote:
I have the discs for P90X, but it turns out that this isn't the workout for me. If anyone wants the (original) discs, let me know. I'd be happy to trade for a cookbook I don't have, or some local vegan food, or whatever.

Finding a workout you like is so important and p90x is a bit boring. Have you found what you like yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:57 am 

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I've been doing some of the 10 Minute Trainer videos lately. I did P90X about three years ago and it was incredible. I'd love to do it again, but the main reason I dropped out after about 80 days was starting a full time job after years of unemployment- and thankfully, I'm still working the same job. I've been using the 10 minute trainer videos to get myself back into decent (if very basic) shape, and maybe throw in the odd P90X workout on days where I can spare more time.

I already feel a lot better- not at my ideal fitness level yet, but I feel a lot less 'bloaty' then I had in the weeks before starting up again.

I also did p90x about three years ago I think. I just got back into working out in December. I started with the free stronger videos at livestrong and I would tell myself just put on the workout clothes and start the video. I told myself I could just watch the video if I wanted and there were a few days that I did, and many more where I only did 10-15 minutes of it.

I definitely feel better when I work out, but not at first. At first it's torture.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:41 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yeah. I'm a runner and occasional biker. Everytime I start to branch out it just takes a week or two to realize that the regime I am most consistant with is running. It is a stress reliever for me in a way that nothing else I've found is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:44 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Goodwolf wrote:

I definitely feel better when I work out, but not at first. At first it's torture.

TELL ME ABOUT IT. I have yet to use my She-Pee while camping, but I have used it many times when my legs were too shredded to handle the motion of sitting down to pee!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Goodwolf wrote:

TELL ME ABOUT IT. I have yet to use my She-Pee while camping, but I have used it many times when my legs were too shredded to handle the motion of sitting down to pee!

This is brilliant. I nearly sprained my wrist when I slipped lowering myself onto the toilet once when my quads were shot.

(I'll just go back to creeping on this thread now....)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:30 am 

I have never heard of a she pee, which means I never really thought about men having it easier when they have sore legs. Huh.

I haven't pushed myself hard enough to be that sore for a long time but I just started p90x2 so we shall see.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:08 pm 
Tofu Pup

Can't believe I never said anything after I finished t25! I finished and did it all on schedule and according to the schedule it gives you. I absolutely loved it! 25minutes is seriously the perfect amount of time for an at home workout...I haven't done any others but after doing that I feel as if anything longer would make me lose interest or not want to pop in the dvd. Highly suggest it to anyone with a busy schedule or children. Even planning on doing it again starting in July! Anyone try/trying any of the new ones they've come out with?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 am 

I love Les Mills Combat! My heart rate gets sky high but I don't even notice. I look at my app when I'm done and it says high intensity max training and I'm like, really?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:06 am 
Naked Under Apron

I did the first T25 last night. Had to stop 1:30 before the end as I thought I was going to puke. But that was pretty much like the first time I did P90X Plyo which I learnt to love.

Legs are sore today.

Mat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:26 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

In case anyone is interested, I received a groupon notice today that the p90 pack is only $19.99.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:28 pm 
Tofu Pup

Are any of you guys doing the 21 Day Fix? I'm just about to wrap up my first week and loving it so far!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 am 

emeraldcityvegan wrote:
Are any of you guys doing the 21 Day Fix? I'm just about to wrap up my first week and loving it so far!

What's that like?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

Goodwolf wrote:
emeraldcityvegan wrote:

What's that like?

It's 30 minute workouts and a clean, portioned controlled eating plan. Basically they give you colored tupperware containers that correspond to different food groups (veggies, fruit, protein, carbs, etc) and you can fill them a certain number of times per day depending on your calorie needs. It sounds pretty gimmicky but I've been having great results. I already ate pretty healthy but portion control is so important.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:43 pm 
Tofu Pup

matwinser wrote:
I did the first T25 last night. Had to stop 1:30 before the end as I thought I was going to puke. But that was pretty much like the first time I did P90X Plyo which I learnt to love.

Legs are sore today.

Mat.

I had to take a break half way through my first day, but it's amazing how your body can quickly adjust. Just always make sure to do it with sneakers on! I finished back in may, but I pop in a workout here and there because I loved it so much. I still modified some moves through out just because some moves are a bit much on my knees but if you made it through your first day, you are good to go!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:08 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Tony has a youtube channel where he posts workout videos, but look at this.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 am 

Awwwww, how cute

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:12 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I watched the 21 day fix infomercial the other morning when I was up too early - I love beachbody infomercials.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:48 pm 
Tofu Pup

emmalv wrote:
In case anyone is interested, I received a groupon notice today that the p90 pack is only $19.99.

Saw that they are revamping p90- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90-workout.do I wonder if the groupon's for the old one..?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82