| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:10 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm starting the T25 workout this week. We'll see. I think with getting set up and dressed for it and recovering, it will cost me about 35 minutes of my time. That's not even an entire episode of a tv show, which I watch at least two of a night most nights. I can do this, right?!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:39 am 
BAD PASS

YES, you can.

I need to start it again. I just did the Speed one the other day. I should do one now, actually... Got up and dressed to go for a run just in time for some torrential downpour action.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:07 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

emeraldcityvegan wrote:
Goodwolf wrote:
emeraldcityvegan wrote:
Are any of you guys doing the 21 Day Fix? I'm just about to wrap up my first week and loving it so far!

What's that like?

It's 30 minute workouts and a clean, portioned controlled eating plan. Basically they give you colored tupperware containers that correspond to different food groups (veggies, fruit, protein, carbs, etc) and you can fill them a certain number of times per day depending on your calorie needs. It sounds pretty gimmicky but I've been having great results. I already ate pretty healthy but portion control is so important.

How's this going? I'm so curious. $59.95!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:02 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Hey all, LTNS! I'm back to coaching as of today, so DM me if you're interested :)

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:44 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I'm on day 23 of T25. Surprised I have stuck with it this far! Started this after almost 2 years of not exercising, and 8 months post-partum. Haven't really had too much weight or inches lost yet, but it has helped with energy level and I feel more flexible and there is some muscle definition. Sticking with it and hoping to see more changes. Kinda scared of moving to Beta in a few weeks...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:43 am 
Tofu Pup

deearess wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
Also, appifanie is my Coach on the BeachBody forums :)

Now that's incentive.

I really am a serious follower of your thoughts and always note down your points. Thanks for being so nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:55 pm 

liking 21 day fix so far! autumn is peppy but not obnoxious, and she's got phenomenal abs. having less migraines too, so that's cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:02 am 
Hip Goiter

Yay Appi! Wanna me my coach? :P

I am taking a break from my years-long mash up of Insanity/Asylum/P90X/P90X3/Les Mills bc I joined a gym and am enjoying doing all the classes! But i really want to start P90X2, I mean I've had it for YEARS, but I don't have all the equipment. We live in a freaking ancient English building where a pull-up bar would literally pull down the entire building's foundation, and there's nowhere to store one medicine ball let alone 4 and stability balls. I think I just have to wait until we move? whenever that is? So frustrating.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:25 am 

Ugggh I haven't had my coffee and I just typed a reply and Safari ate it.

Don't break the building, that'd be too American.

Down 3.2 lbs in 15 days, which is amazing for me. Less jiggly in the middle.

Glad you like classes; classes hate me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:02 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Appifanie, are you following the diet plan for the 21 day fix?

I meant to get the 21 day fix but I had my husband order it and he got the 21 day fix extreme. I'm wondering how different they are. The first work out was really intense! It looks like I'm going to be eating a ton of tofu and tempeh and not much else...I'm trying to decide if I should fudge it a little and count beans and legumes as a protein instead of a carb.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:17 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I'm easing back into regular workouts with P90X. I simply don't have the time to do the full program again, but I'm going to try and do Ab Ripper X at least 2-3 times a week, along with at least one other full-length P90X workout and my weekly 90 min yoga class. I could only do half of Legs & Back yesterday (plus all of Abs), but I'm already feeling sooo good today, strong, and not shaky or painful because I overexerted myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:00 pm 

butternut, I am! i did read that unofficially you can fill the protein containers with beans, so that's cool. i haven't been doing that but i'm going to. and i bought some of the gluten free garden black bean burgers, which are yummy in a romaine leaf (with a tiny bit of low fat vegenaise and a pickle). i'm definitely a little sick of tofu, and my kid hates tempeh (also, how annoying is it that a protein=5oz of tempeh?! when a block=8oz). so more beans.

erika, oh ab ripper. some day we'll be reunited... and that's great! good job knowing limits :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 am 

Oh! And I don't see why you couldn't use some gardein faux meat as one red a day. I mean, carbier than meat, but just one... As soon as I can find those scallopinis again, I'm all over it.

150.8 today! Haven't weighed this little in at least 6 months. Exciting. Round 2 of 21 Day Fix starts today!

OH, and I got some chocolate shakeology. It's actually good! Dissolves well, tastes good. I wasn't going too but when you subscribe to monthly delivery, the outlandish $14 shipping becomes $2, and I'm so meh on Vega. The Raw Fit Meal in vanilla is okay too. Tastes good, but gritty. Shakeology even dissolves if you just shake it in water. Impressed. Wish shakeology vegan came in vanilla.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:13 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thank for the ideas! Glad it's going well for you. I ordered vega but I haven't tried it yet.

I'm going to look for beyond meat to see if that would work. I veganized a BB chili last night with TVP instead of turkey. It was okay to me. My husband thought it was awesome and I was kind of meh. I think soy curls and seitan will work too. I'm sooooooo sore. Yesterday I could barely sit down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:01 pm 

The beginning is so hard! I was walking funny for like a week. My new instagram is kaleing.it (like killing it but with kale...I was considering appifitanie, like appifanie+fit, but...) Gets better after that. I had work order me a case of the gluten free gardein chicken scallopini and i bought a bunch of soy curls.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 pm 

I'm still doing T25! Giving myself a gold star for sticking with it this long. Just started the 9th week! I love the Beta waaay more than the Alpha and I actually like (??) working out now? Speed 2.0 is fun! Haven't lost as much weight as I wanted, but I feel so much stronger and toner and feel like I'm on the right path. Slowly, but surely or something like that. Not sure what I'm going to do after this is over. Maybe repeat Beta and try to not use the modifier as much or go to P90X. I realllllly like the 25 minute thing though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I want to start doing one of these workouts but I don't know where to start. I haven't gone to the gym in a few years and I'm slightly overweight. Amy recommendations on where to start? I was looking at the T25 on Amazon but there are several different kinds it seems, some with just,DVDs and others with equipment.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:02 pm 

blondiefk wrote:
I want to start doing one of these workouts but I don't know where to start. I haven't gone to the gym in a few years and I'm slightly overweight. Amy recommendations on where to start? I was looking at the T25 on Amazon but there are several different kinds it seems, some with just,DVDs and others with equipment.

The only equipment you need are dumb-bells (I just have two 5 lb-ers) or resistance bands. I tried bands, but they were hard! I hadn't worked out in forever either and I loved that there is a modifier that you can follow if you can't do some of the moves. Still felt like it was hard, but not hard enough that I didn't want to continue or felt discouraged!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My Zoetrope wrote:
blondiefk wrote:

The only equipment you need are dumb-bells (I just have two 5 lb-ers) or resistance bands. I tried bands, but they were hard! I hadn't worked out in forever either and I loved that there is a modifier that you can follow if you can't do some of the moves. Still felt like it was hard, but not hard enough that I didn't want to continue or felt discouraged!

Thanks, good to know. I actually have 5 and 10 pound dumbbells.I think I'll start with the T25 rhen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:23 am 
BAD PASS

I need to re-start T25.

If anyone wants to do an accountability buddy thing... I would be into that!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:22 pm 

Zoe: I've done some P90X3 and I like it! It's pretty P90X-y and so much shorter. I'm on a 2nd round of 21DF and I'll either do it again next, or P90X3. At some point I do want to buy T25. Is it very jump-y? It looks jump-y. I...have to pee a lot if I jump too much. Like even jumping jacks are too much sometimes.

blondie I hadn't worked out in YEARS when I first did P90X a few years ago. I modified it a lot, but kept telling myself heavily modified anything was better than sitting on my butt. :) I'm really good (sometimes to my detriment) at toning things down so I can do them. I've seen people doing workouts with cans and big things of ketchup even. You can also buy workout bands, but I think you'd be fine even with a pair of 2 pound and 5 pound dumbbells to start with.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:40 pm 

It's jumpy, but not as crazy I remember P90X being. You can follow Tanya, the modifier, as she doesn't do any jumps. I follow her for all things jumpy!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:13 am 

Cool, thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:33 am 

2 rounds done! Lost 7.2lbs and 10.5" (not including legs and arms because I didn't measure those at the beginning). starting round 3 today. Can see a lot of difference in my back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 am 
BAD PASS

I am starting week 2 of T25 today. I am staying away from the scale, but my too-tight jeans aren't too tight anymore and I have so much more energy. Along with the workouts, I'm back to logging everything into MFP and I'm not hanging out after work having beers. I've cut my drinking a lot by doing that, and by having Topo Chico instead of wine when I get home (though I usually still have a glass of red while I read before I go to bed).

The scale depresses me, so I'm not even gonna mess with it. I just feel really good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next