| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 82  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:07 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
amandabear that's nice to hear about LMC!
Invictus, you can totally do it - np!

I almost bought Hip Hop Abs today because it's $19.95 with $7.99 for express shipping, but I couldn't get logged in so I took it as a sign. I cannot do any thing dancey coordinated, even if Shaun T does have magnificent abs.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 am 
Offline
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 10794
Location: Illinoize
Brian expressed some concern about what he's going to do when it's too cold to run so he can try to maintain all the work he's done. I suggested we do P90X(2) this winter and his eyes filled with so much terror. Can you believe he doesn't miss Tony?!

_________________
"The Tree is His Penis"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:57 pm 
Offline
Hip Goiter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Posts: 8266
Location: Philly/London
Haha I think Hip Hop Abs looks cool but I too am a total spaz when it comes to dancing/gracefulness/any ability to move and not look ridiculous. But P90X2 I wonder about. Has anyone done it?

_________________
@randibop for le tweets & le pics

Laughfrodisiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:35 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Las Vegas, NV
I didnt care for p90x2. It felt slow paced, repetitive, and had really long warmups and cooldowns so i didnt feel I got a good bang for time invested. At the same time, some of the moves were almost too challenging, so I had to modify a bit (or i had to modify for not having all of the equipment). An example is pushups with hands and toes on medicine balls. For my preference, Ive done asylum, insanity, and p90x a few times and prefer those over X2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline
Hip Goiter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Posts: 8266
Location: Philly/London
Good to know! Thanks

_________________
@randibop for le tweets & le pics

Laughfrodisiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
emmalv wrote:
I didnt care for p90x2. It felt slow paced, repetitive, and had really long warmups and cooldowns so i didnt feel I got a good bang for time invested. At the same time, some of the moves were almost too challenging, so I had to modify a bit (or i had to modify for not having all of the equipment). An example is pushups with hands and toes on medicine balls. For my preference, Ive done asylum, insanity, and p90x a few times and prefer those over X2.


i'm glad to hear this, actually. for me it just seemed like tony was like "i want to make a p90x crazier than insanity!"

RandiJM wrote:
Haha I think Hip Hop Abs looks cool but I too am a total spaz when it comes to dancing/gracefulness/any ability to move and not look ridiculous.


exactly! i'll do weight stuff but dancing? urgh.

okay, i'm in acceptance of being way bigger than i was and i won't buy a new workout yet. i'll have to earn one. so p90x or chalean, hmmmm....

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Las Vegas, NV
appifanie wrote:
emmalv wrote:
I didnt care for p90x2. It felt slow paced, repetitive, and had really long warmups and cooldowns so i didnt feel I got a good bang for time invested. At the same time, some of the moves were almost too challenging, so I had to modify a bit (or i had to modify for not having all of the equipment). An example is pushups with hands and toes on medicine balls. For my preference, Ive done asylum, insanity, and p90x a few times and prefer those over X2.


i'm glad to hear this, actually. for me it just seemed like tony was like "i want to make a p90x crazier than insanity!"


Yeah, it was for sure a weird combo of either really easy or really hard with all of it pretty boring. I found it odd. (And I found his co-exercisers kind of annoying.)

RandiJM wrote:
Haha I think Hip Hop Abs looks cool but I too am a total spaz when it comes to dancing/gracefulness/any ability to move and not look ridiculous.


exactly! i'll do weight stuff but dancing? urgh.

okay, i'm in acceptance of being way bigger than i was and i won't buy a new workout yet. i'll have to earn one. so p90x or chalean, hmmmm....



I cannot dance either! I lasted literally about 5 minutes of Turbofire, and then was like "yeah, I think I'll go run outside." I wonder how Insanity 2 is? I did like Asylum... The workouts and the program were pretty short, there was a ton more variety than Insanity, and you really only need a jumprope and a couple of weights. But it is harder than Insanity, fair warning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:03 am 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
I'm so glad this thread is still here! I restarted and requit Chalean today. I will restart P90X, but Lean, on Thursday. Until then, I will do the workout DVDs I got from the library.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:41 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Another workout that is kind of fun is Tapout XT (its not Beachbody though). I got a copy from a friend so the price was right for me, but it might be worth checking out depending on the $. Its an MMA guy that runs it and he's kind of a tool - he reminds me of Jason Stackhouse from True Blood - but the workouts are generally around 40 min, they are all different, and you only need exercise bands. I didn't follow the whole program but did all of the workouts and it kept me entertained.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
okay, teh dvds i got from the library suck. maybe i'll start p90x tmw.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:13 pm 
Offline
Hip Goiter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 pm
Posts: 8266
Location: Philly/London
Haha appi I love that you 'restarted and requit' Chalean. Is it too dancy or something? Go for P90X! You love Tony! :) I've started doing some more of it on the days I don't do Insanity. I've always kept the Yoga X in rotation bc it's my favorite yoga (which feels like sacrilege considering I spent time at an ashram but shhh) but I'm adding more of the weights in, and core synergistics, bc I've lost some strength. And really nothing beats Ab ripper X but I just never feel like doing it.

_________________
@randibop for le tweets & le pics

Laughfrodisiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:21 am 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
Well her weight workouts are pretty good, but the other parts all suck (as this thread reminded me). She has horrible taste in music for the cardio ones and her ab workouts are more regular crunch-y than Ab ripper x. Also, it was as I finished P90X and started CE that the good stuff started happening, and my reading of the beachbody women's thread reminded me that it's days 120 and 150 that you see the biggest results in.

I can't decide if I want to do Lean or Classic though

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:04 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
DLD wrote:
Hey Appie, so good to hear from you! I'm sure your friends miss you -- Katie with her corncobs, guy who lives on a boat, Eric with the prosthetic leg, Bobby from the power half hour -- they'll welcome you back whenever you're ready!


what would this thread be w/o DLD to keep tabs on all the players?

appifanie wrote:
i found a slightly annoying bb coach whose before looks like mine so i liked her on fb so i could see pics of her transformation as inspiration.


she's in the new insanity ad!

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 am 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
LEAN or CLASSIC? I can't decide!

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:42 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
I saw this on the forums instead of using an anchor in the door.

Image

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Las Vegas, NV
appifanie wrote:
LEAN or CLASSIC? I can't decide!



Classic! And maybe use weights heavier than you think (while being smart about injuries of course)... After about 2 months of lifting heavier weights my body has changed waaaaayyyy more than doing the "12-15 rep lighter weight"s route during over the course of 2 rounds of P90X.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
Okay! Thanks :) I'm remembering the scale doesn't move much so I took measurements and I'm gathering all the pics of me into one folder and I took pics today in 2 diff bathing suits.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:38 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
Darn it! I don't have anyway to rig up my modified pull ups. Going to Dick's tomorrow!

Here's this, mostly for DLD

Top 10 Ways You Know You’re Obsessed With P90X

1. on Thursday your child asks you what day it is and you say “Yoga”
2. you go to a Mexican restaurant and order a “chaturanga”
3. you say “BRING IT” in any motivational setting you find yourself in
4. you tell yourself to “get sexy with it” when trying to wiggle into the frog
5. When you put on your resume that you have a degree in “PLYOMETRICS”
6. after 30 minutes or more of sexual activity you have a recovery drink
7. before starting anything, you have to do at least 5 min of static/ ballistic stretching
8. when Tony says “Superman” your 2 year old replies with … “banana”
9. you REALLY expect (and anticipate) Tony Horton to come to your house if you do 26 side tri-rises or MORE!
10. you tell your dog to “Namaste"

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:29 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Las Vegas, NV
I am guilty of number 1, 3, and 8.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
especially 8!!

i bought a thingy for the door for modified pull ups - $4.99 at Dick's!!

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
I did it! I quit 1/2 way through ARX just because man I have no ab muscles but I worked really hard on the ones I could do! Didn't even pause C&B, even when I got super nauseated.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:24 am 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
plyo break! giving myself a minute so i don't puke :D

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 am 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
http://p90xcalories.com/ since my heart rate monitor is a total suck fest

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:50 pm 
Offline
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7076
Location: Fort Drum NY
day 3, done! worked really hard at shoulders & arms. did better at ab ripper x than on thursday!

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Las Vegas, NV
I need to do ab ripper today, but first I want to eat French toast : ) I have discovered that if I go a ridiculous length of time without doing ab ripper, its hell on earth when I get back into it. If I do it sporadically here and there, its no so bad. That ab ripper is a killer (much harder than P90x2's ARX, IMO.)
Way to keep it up!
Oh by the way, I said #3 in your list again yesterday. I realize that any time I am relaying a good workout or that I'm sore, I'll say something like "my legs are killing me, too much bringin' it!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 82  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer