| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:34 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Military pushups were invented by the devil, I'm sure of it.

Regarding the eating plans, here is the newsletter that details out converting P90X's eating plan. (It doesn't list soy milk, but I'd probably count it as either a snack or a protein.) I didn't actually follow it, as it came out after I did P90x to the letter, but maybe it will be helpful to someone here...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90xnl_058.do#

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:30 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm no expert but I feel like if you are breastfeeding and doing P90X you probably need to eat more than 1800 calories!!! Especially if you are so hungry some days. Listen to your body!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:36 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

RandiJM wrote:
I'm no expert but I feel like if you are breastfeeding and doing P90X you probably need to eat more than 1800 calories!!! Especially if you are so hungry some days. Listen to your body!

I know I would say exactly that to someone else, but of course, I feel like the rules don't apply to me and want to stubbornly stick to 1800 calories for a few more weeks (I might actually hit my weight/size* goal sooner). Most days I am fine, but there was 1 day last week where I was really hungry all day and just wanted to sit down and eat the entire 3kg bag of brazil nuts that I have sitting on the kitchen table and another day where I wanted to eat an economy sized bar of dark chocolate right after dinner. ...And another evening after I'd maxed out my 1800 and I really wanted a beer. ;D

* Size is waaay more important than my actual weight, but they seem to go hand-in-hand for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

1200 + working out + breastfeeding = horrible idea! 1800 minimum!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:58 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:
1200 + working out + breastfeeding = horrible idea! 1800 minimum!

I agree!! I couldn't even do 1200 calories if all I did was lie around in bed! My friend who suggested that did figure competitions and did that (several times) to lose weight really fast. Eating almost nothing but egg-whites sounded horrible. (I think losing weight that fast is probably not so good, either.)

Kenpo X today. Yesterday was Legs and Back & Ab-Ripper X. I forgot to install the chin-up bar, so it was the resistance band again. And the resistance band popped off of where I'd hung it. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, thankfully! I need to install that dang chin-up bar! (Alas, our doors aren't the right size for the over-the-door-frame ones).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:03 pm 

I could do 1200 lying around, but I'd be cranky.

Best friend is visiting - took a few days off. Back Sunday!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:53 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Day 14: X-stretch today (as soon as my husband gets back from his run). I skipped it last week because I went out and visited a friend who is leaving town, so I'm really looking forward to it today.

I hope you and your friend are having fun, Appifanie!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:33 pm 
Hip Goiter

In other news, Max Interval Circuit is too long.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:08 pm 

Thanks Crabby! We are. Lazy fun, mostly. Alas :) She leaves tomorrow which is sad so I'll figure out how to catch up with the plan. I'm still eating fine though, but a few less calories since we're sitting around a ton.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:35 pm 

I'm back. Kenpo day! Ate around 1900 cals, netted around 1400.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yoga X today! I really like it. I really enjoyed the vinyasa part and felt like I was kicking asparagus with my reverse warrior poses.

I need to remember to install my chin-up bar this afternoon because tomorrow is Legs and Back!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Day 19: Legs & Back + Ab-ripper X. The kids are excited about the new chin-up bar I've just installed. Someone ought to install a secret chin-up cam so y'all can laugh at me attempting to do chin-ups. I'm doing them with one leg on a chair and they're still really hard!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:15 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I am determined to do a chinup by the end of the year!! I use one foot on a stability ball. Let me say, I am also glad to see a fellow Yoga X liker. We for sure are in the minority on that one. Sometimes I get a little antsy towards the end if I start thinking about things I need to get down afterwards, but if I have the time luxury of just Yoga X-ing... love it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 am 

You can do it! I'm up to like 2-3 real push-ups before I go to my knees. Well, regular and wide armed - those freaking military push-ups blow.

plyo day, I do believe. i'll try to work harder than last time so that I can earn the TCBY I'm shoving my face with later :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kenpo-X today. It was my least favourite last week and I wasn't looking forward to it, but I really liked it this week!! Legs & Back was maybe my least favourite this week; it just seemed to drag on.
My first recovery week (or whatever it's called) starts Saturday. Two Yoga-X's in one week!

appifanie wrote:
i'll try to work harder than last time so that I can earn the TCBY I'm shoving my face with later :)

We cracked open a fresh coconut today (30p on the bargain fruit shelf at the store). So delicious. I made the mistake of shoving tons of it in my mouth BEFORE looking up the calories. No afternoon snack for me (other than the coconut). Totally worth it, though.

That's so cool there's vegan TCBY!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am 

why yes, i did take a break during plyo to type this. so tony's doing the leg stretch that's kind of like triangle and he's all "we've got 2 legs" but eric doesn't have 2 legs! just saying tony.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 pm 
Hip Goiter

appifanie wrote:
why yes, i did take a break during plyo to type this. so tony's doing the leg stretch that's kind of like triangle and he's all "we've got 2 legs" but eric doesn't have 2 legs! just saying tony.

Haha i remember many pages back DLD and I always commented on HOW INSENSITIVE Tony was to poor Eric. But the best is that the camera CUTS to Eric making a 'wait...what??' face. So so awful!!!!

Has anyone done power pushups in Max Plyo lately? I've done the video a lot but I am not getting any faster. Shawn T says "sprint...hit it!!" and by the time I'm on the ground he is saying sprint again. How does he get up and down so fast? I thought I was moving pretty fast but I guess not. It's inhuman.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

I did P90X a while back to help me get in shape and I had great results. I've been meaning to get back into ever since I heard about P90X2, but I never got around to it. I heard that they're about to release P90X3 so maybe I'll finally bite the bullet and get back to work. Have any of you guys heard about it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

RandiJM wrote:
appifanie wrote:

Haha i remember many pages back DLD and I always commented on HOW INSENSITIVE Tony was to poor Eric. But the best is that the camera CUTS to Eric making a 'wait...what??' face. So so awful!!!!

Has anyone done power pushups in Max Plyo lately? I've done the video a lot but I am not getting any faster. Shawn T says "sprint...hit it!!" and by the time I'm on the ground he is saying sprint again. How does he get up and down so fast? I thought I was moving pretty fast but I guess not. It's inhuman.

haha, i've probably NEVER have done power pushups like those crazy asparagi in Insanity! Even after a doing the videos a few times, like you. I always just go at my own pace. So if they are getting let's say 4 sets done in a round, i'm probably getting 2 sets. Pushups are totally my achillees heel. If you want decent ones from me, they ain't happenin' fast, that's a promise.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:47 pm 

JBenn, hi and welcome! I haven't heard anything about P90X3, just that it's going to exist. Alas.

Hey so there are stupid P90X things that I can't do, like the tricep flip grip switchbacks, and the running lunge during warmup and whatnot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:28 pm 
Hip Goiter

appifanie wrote:
Hey so there are stupid P90X things that I can't do, like the tricep flip grip switchbacks, and the running lunge during warmup and whatnot.

I hatee tricep flip grip switchbacks. So hard! Have you tried without a weight, just to try to master the move? It helps a little to get the movement down. But they really suck.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:19 pm 

sore core!

I will totally try it without the weight! I'm using 5s, which are barely weights. I have 2s :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:36 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

OMG, I stubbed my left index (?) toe SO HARD coming into runner's stretch during Yoga-X today! It is swollen and both the knuckles are really sore and tender. Pretty sure it's not broken, but I think I sprained it or something. Good thing this is my recovery week. I think I'll rearrange the week so Stretch-X is tomorrow because I can't put a lot of weight on my left foot at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:34 am 

Ooh ouch! Today is my Yoga X day but the kid is sick and lazing on the sofa so I'm not sure when/where I can get it in.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ahhh Crabby ice and elevate! Try to take care of it. It sucks so hard when such a tiny little nothing like a toe can totally debilitate us. Been there. Take it easy.

Appi I hope Livi feels better soon! Poor little girl. You could prob fit it in if she rests a lot today though, right? Sick kid comes first though obviously.

I did Max Interval Circuit today and I actually kind of almost did well!!!!

Laughfrodisiac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 82  Next