| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:53 am 
WRETCHED

Oh quagga don't worry about that. This is about improving, getting better physically and all that. I am waffling about before pictures but I may do some.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:16 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

quagga wrote:
The 'before' pictures are as dismal as I thought they would be. Ugh.

Because everybody loves their before photos, right? ;D

I didn't really love my before photos, but I'm SO glad I took them. The difference is really noticeable -- way more than I thought it would be. Even after my first set of progress photos, there was a difference and it was really encouraging.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:47 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Good luck to all you 2014 P90X3'ers! I'm excited to hear your reviews - the fact that the workouts are way short compared to the original is intriguing.
(Crabby, I got your back on the YogaX love, but I get its almost universally hated.)

Regarding progress pics, eh... I hear your pain. I did some for the program I am following and pretty much just took them and glanced at them to make sure they came out ok. I really didn't want to take them BUT I will say that they are nice to have around later down the road. The scale can be unkind, what with the many mysteries of water retention and whatnot, and even measurements don't tell the whole story sometimes. So if anything, if you aren't feeling you are making good progress on the scale/measuring tape, a visual can be a good reminder of your progress.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I think I'll just archive those pictures and think about where I'm heading, not where I am and not where I've been. They'll be great for proof of progress later.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:00 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ok.
So.
1) Appi and others who are eager but anxious to start, don't fret. The first day - Total Synergistics - is cake. I am kind of pissed, because I took rest days the past two days to prepare and to give my overworked joints a break. I'm pissed because now I feel like I haven't exercised in 3 days! ARGH. I did Cold Start twice - after wasting about 20 minutes looking for it; they don't tell you that it's included on each dvd. I was looking for a separate one. Anyway, I did that, then the workout. Some of the moves are good, but really it just feels like doing half a regular P90X workout. It didn't move fast and I barely broke a sweat. I actually felt weird having my usual protein-packed green smoothie because I felt like I didn't need it. The pull-up moves are hard only because I still can't really do full pull-ups, but that's all. Ugh. So at least now I know to treat Total Synergistics days as half-load days. Maybe when they fall on days I'm off from work I will add 30 minutes of cardio or something. Hoping that the rest of this week's workouts are harder so it balances out.

2) DREYA IS BACK! But...it's not really Dreya. It's Dreya 2.0. I am usually anti judging people's appearances and the RandiJM-from-20-minutes-from-now will regret not stopping here, but she is kind of scary. She looks like a shadow of her P90X self and has steroid-face/bad face lift face, probably just from how much weight training she does. I was like Dreya nooo what's happening stop shrinking. All the other featured females are super skinny too. I wish there was more diversity. Pam the Blam better be back.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:29 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

So the Fed Ex site said I'd get it tmw, but I got it today. Woo! I read the guide book and started reading the nutrition part and I'll watch that "Watch this first" DVD today.

It's super handy to know that cold start is on each disk! Also, would it kill them to put these discs in better cases? I move mine to a CD case flip book thing, but for $120, send me one, dammit. It is exciting and lame that the first workout was lame, but I haven't worked out in awhile so I bet it'll be worse for me.

Sad that Dreya isn't looking good - I'm not actually surprised, but that's sad. Sniffles. Fingers crossed for Pam! She probably isn't there.
I'll do the before pics and whatever and def the measurements, but not the fit test.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:39 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah I might try the fit test this weekend but I hate that it's not on a video. It should be in the watch this first video!!
Also, am I just not seeing mine or is there no worksheet? Are you just supposed to write reps in the calendar?!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I was annoyed that the fit test was not on the video, too. There is one move that I had to google a video so I could understand what needed to be done.

I downloaded and printed the workout sheets from the teambeachbody site. They were not in my package.

I agree with appi on the cheesy DVD case - it looks okay, but it's hard to get the disks in and out without getting fingerprints on them.

I love how appifanie and RandiJM both know the models by name. I'm barely looking at the screen when I'm doing the workout!

As a newbie to the world of P90 and having been pretty sedentary for the last year, I have to say, so far my butt has been kicked.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:16 am 

http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fi ... out-sheets for the workout sheets

And yeah, I could even hear the DVDs scrape as I took them out of the case. Slid them all right into a real case.

quagga! Clearly you've never seen this bit of awesome - http://www.bsideblog.com/2012/03/rankin ... t-to-best/ ?

Took my measurements and my pics today. Urgh. Looking at the view of my backside is going to motivate me all by itself. Starting in 10!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 am 

ALSO! Am I the only one who thinks of Erik and wonders about the bonus workout "On One Leg"?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

appifanie wrote:
http://www.teambeachbody.com/get-fit/fitness-tools/workout-sheets for the workout sheets

And yeah, I could even hear the DVDs scrape as I took them out of the case. Slid them all right into a real case.

quagga! Clearly you've never seen this bit of awesome - http://www.bsideblog.com/2012/03/rankin ... t-to-best/ ?

Took my measurements and my pics today. Urgh. Looking at the view of my backside is going to motivate me all by itself. Starting in 10!

bsideblog! That was awesome. Only us P90X dorks would appreciate the smattering of Tonyism's throughout. Also, I like Dreya, I think she's bad asparagus*. I'm curious to see what she looks like now based on what RandiJM has to say...

*I actually typed out "bad asparagus," automatically defaulting to the filter. And then I changed it back even knowing the filter would still change it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

appifanie wrote:
ALSO! Am I the only one who thinks of Erik and wonders about the bonus workout "On One Leg"?

I ordered my dvd set from a local coach to help with their fundraising (for a no-kill shelter), so the package I got didn't include the extra 3 dvds, but instead included the "On One Leg" dvd. Now I'm curious!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:26 pm 

Okay, I think Dreya looks fine, actually. Her body fat is super low, and that tends to age people's faces, but otherwise, damn. More muscular than *I* want to be, but whatever. The workout was tough for me but in a good way. BUT.

Flip Flop crunches? Fell on my face.

And the new Superman Banana, Boat Plow. But I can't Plow. Alas.

I have On One Leg but not the 3 as well and I ordered right through BB with my coach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 pm 
Hip Goiter

Haha poor Erik gets no respect.

So you liked it? I don't remember what flip flop crunches were. His commercial was funny.

Ok so Agility X was built up as the Plyo X of this system. IT's ok. I was less disappointed than I was with yesterday's. I got out of breath a few times so I was happy about that, but it still just feels too slow for the short amount of time we have. Also - the girl Lauren in it is the most annoying person I have ever seen in anything. I'm not joking -- well ok, she was, until Tony at the end. You'll see.

I think if I didn't know Dreya before I wouldn't think anything of it, but she just looks different from before.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh! I forgot! Agility/Day 2 is when you do those plyo pushups we saw in the teaser video! Hahaha. Oh man. If you don't have wrist issues yet, you will after doing these. They are fun but hard, obviously.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm 
Semen Strong

Boober would something like this help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifZGhTMQJ40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:11 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hey Randi and Appi!

Thank you guys for the reviews of P90X3! Keep 'em coming, I'm eager to hear all about them. From time to time I get pretty bored doing the Beast, so maybe I'll give them a try to mix things up a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm 

Randi you must be in pretty good shape, because I thought Agility X was a great workout - my heart rate got higher than it has in a long time - I wonder if maybe in P90X it's so long that I worry about saving myself and I don't try as hard? My heart rate today peaked around 161 and I was wicked proud of myself. And I love the chick in the Agility workout! She's cute and funny.

Hi DLD! Lovely to see you :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm glad you like it so far! I don't know why I'm not feeling it yet. Yoga today was very disappointing. I think instead of following the calendar, I'm going to skip to week 4 next week so I can try to try all the DVDs before the 30-day period is up, in case I want to exchange. Tony is just getting to me too! I loved his dumb humor in P90X, but most of his banter in this one feels like he's trying to sell the system -- and I'm screaming at the TV 'I already bought it!!!!'

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:38 am 

Oh that's smart! Also, then you can be the official P90X3 expert :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:03 pm 
Hip Goiter

CVX was good! I liked it! Yay we are getting somewhere!
It's a pretty solid cardio workout, familiar moves mostly, but you hold a weight the whole time.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:36 pm 

I just read on the BB boards that one of the guys in The Challenge workout is Tony's son?!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:55 am 
WRETCHED

I had a difficult week so I am behind! I did the challenge today which I liked but my shoulder feels a little tweaked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I completed my first week of P90X3! Yay for me. I'm sore, but happy. The only one I really did not like was the yoga workout, and may just sub another longer yoga routine from a DVD or something. I'm going to try the Dynamix today and then proceed into week 2 of this adventure.

Appifanie - that bsideblog link you posted was really funny! I'm sure I'll get to know all the characters soon enough. Right now, I'm just watching legs and arms to make sure everything is in the right place.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:55 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I want to start P90X3, but we can't find our weights or resistance bands. Can you guys tell me which workouts I can do without any equipment?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next