| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:45 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

So far, Agility X is the only equipmentless one.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 pm 
Hip Goiter

And Warrior X -- WHICH I LOVE! Yay I'm starting to like some, thank goodness. Warrior X has the most amazing move - elevator pushups. You are you plank and he says stuff like 'first floor!' which is push up position all the way down as far as you can, then 'second floor' which is a little less, etc. It's so hard!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:45 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Good to know! Brian and I are going to the gym twice a week so as long as I can do something else i'll feel good.

I swear we packed our bands and I even marked the box they went in as having them so they wouldn't be hard to find, but nooooo.

I can't really do push ups so it sounds like i'll be staying on the ground floor for that.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

So awesome that there is a beachbody thread! I am just starting my first ever beachbody workout..so reading through this thread is extremely helpful for me!

For the past month I've had a recurring issue with my hip that hinders me from running more than one mile. I love to run and use that as my main form of cardio so my cardio has been lacking as of late. I do an ab class at my gym as well as a class that is called 'power' which is a high rep, low weight class. I started Beachbody's T25 as my form of cardio and so far my hip has held up fine..you pretty much stand in the same spot for the whole workout and it's only 25min which I think helps. I don't do it everyday like it suggests but instead I do T25 about 3 or 4 times a week and do my power and ab class the other days. It makes for a nice combo! There's an overview for it on Shaun T's bio page so you can see the difference between their workouts http://www.beachbody.com/product/about- ... shaun-t.do (that's how I chose to do t25)

I'll keep you updated with how it is and if it stays challenging throughout the whole program!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:16 pm 

jennyg, great! I'm curious about T25. And welcome! :)

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Good to know! Brian and I are going to the gym twice a week so as long as I can do something else i'll feel good.

I swear we packed our bands and I even marked the box they went in as having them so they wouldn't be hard to find, but nooooo.

I can't really do push ups so it sounds like i'll be staying on the ground floor for that.

Tony and 2 of the people use weights in CVX, but one uses a basketball, and I used nothing and it was still a workout.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:40 pm 
WRETCHED

I am so sore from The Challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:43 pm 
Hip Goiter

I hurted my knee!!! :( It's weird! It never happened before. It's not really causing pain but it just feels weird and off and like if i use it I will destroy. what the fizzle.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:35 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

I did Tony Horton's fat burner express video. I'm excited to hear that there's a P90x3, I love his cheesy commentary and the workout stars (Pam is my favourite). I think I'll have to get P90x3.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:28 am 

Randi, nooo! On The Warrior? I'm trying to psych myself up for it.

I'm not Challenge sore, but my band was way too light for the mock pull ups - glad I have a heavier one for next week!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:06 am 

RandiJM wrote:
And Warrior X -- WHICH I LOVE! Yay I'm starting to like some, thank goodness. Warrior X has the most amazing move - elevator pushups. You are you plank and he says stuff like 'first floor!' which is push up position all the way down as far as you can, then 'second floor' which is a little less, etc. It's so hard!

It's military centered, so, there you go. Sort of irritating.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 pm 
Hip Goiter

I reviewed week 1 on my blog! http://www.laughfrodisiac.com/7/post/20 ... y-did.html

I don't know what to start doing tomorrow. Week 2 or Week 5? Hmm. I think I'm going to try all the videos first in case I want to return them. And if I keep them, maybe I'll start over.

BOBBY STEVENSON! He's back :) My Bobby!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:35 am 
WRETCHED

I did Dynamix this morning which is such a nice workout. I"m a bit behind because of various things and the fact that The Challenge made me so sore I couldn't move my arms for 2 days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:42 am 
WRETCHED

RandiJM wrote:
I reviewed week 1 on my blog! http://www.laughfrodisiac.com/7/post/20 ... y-did.html

I don't know what to start doing tomorrow. Week 2 or Week 5? Hmm. I think I'm going to try all the videos first in case I want to return them. And if I keep them, maybe I'll start over.

BOBBY STEVENSON! He's back :) My Bobby!

I feel you on some of the things, I was hoping there would be less pauses in a 30 minute workout but no. When I did P90x, I was in much better shape than I am now and it annoyed me how many pauses there were so I'd do kettlebell swings during the pauses in P90x. And yes, Tony trying to sell the workout which makes no sense. I think though that you are probably in better shape than the average P90x3 person. From what I read, Tony considers P90x3 a precursor to P90x which is a precursor to P90x2. So I think if someone was out of shape, they'd recommend Power 90, then P90x3 THEN p90x.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:17 pm 
Hip Goiter

Really so P90X2 is the most advanced one? Has anyone done it? I wonder if it's good.

I decided to stick with X3 for now, but replace Yoga X3 with Yoga X and try to add more cardio into it. Today I am working from home so I got to do Insanity Pure Cardio (which is the easiest one, but nearly two weeks away from it and I was huffing and puffing like crazy, what the fizzle) and then Total Synergistics, because I think TS is very sparse. I do love that final move, the warrior moon. It's really hard isn't it! Damn. So hopefully this will make me happier.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:07 am 

Randi, I saw a clip where he's doing like a plyo push-up on basketballs, so I'm leaning yes.

I love 3. I don't think of it as him reselling it to us, he's reducing post purchase cognitive dissonance (look! I retained some college info!). He's just reassuring us that we made the right decision - that we spent our money well, and that this is a good way to spend our time. And it's DEFINITELY hard for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:58 am 

Oh, right - I busted through a plateau! 144.4 now. 11 pounds above where I was when hubs came home from deployment . . . 2 years ago? 3? He'll be home in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm 
Hip Goiter

GUYS!!! So I scratched the Yoga X3 video last week so today since I'm working from home I played it in the background along with Pilates (on same cd) to check for damage...first of all, Pilates x3 looks great. I'm really excited for it. 2ND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, Shawna is in it and she's Tony's girlfriend! Did you know that? Did everyone know that but me?? I am 99% sure it's the same Shawna from P90X - her face looks different but it's been a while and she's on the ground sideways. But Tony makes jokes about her flexibility so that's the same. And he says multiple times 'this is my girl, so back off boys' or something. So funny!

appifanie wrote:
I love 3. I don't think of it as him reselling it to us, he's reducing post purchase cognitive dissonance (look! I retained some college info!). He's just reassuring us that we made the right decision - that we spent our money well, and that this is a good way to spend our time. And it's DEFINITELY hard for me.

Love this theory! Hope it starts working on me!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:42 pm 

I didn't know that! I was actually beginning to wonder if Tony was gay. Here's this - https://www.google.com/search?q=p90x+sh ... B481%3B723

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:39 pm 
Hip Goiter

So that means, so far we know Dreya, Shawna, and Bobby (Bobby!) Stevenson are back. I wonder who else is! I hope Daniel Haas is, I love him second best. :)

Did Yoga X today instead of X3. I love it. It's so good. Tomorrow I think I'm going to do nonX3 cardio and then the Challenge since that's only strength. Then CVX, the Warrior, and Dynamix. Then I'm going to be traveling for nearly two weeks. Kind of nervous about how to keep up the schedule!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:52 am 
WRETCHED

I did the Biggest Loser yoga yesterday instead of X3 yoga. It had a lot of similar moves but slower (aka more my speed)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 pm 
Hip Goiter

1) The Challenge is really ridiculous. Had it this morning, and for the first time, during a push-up, my arms actually turned to spaghetti and gave out, letting me fall to the floor. Haha. I am going to be really sore.

2) GUYS. I got the best comment ever on my blog review of Week 1. I can't wait to see what crazy people post for Week 2 and beyond. Seriously, this person. Oh man. I deleted it from my blog because duh, but here it is:

Crazy Person Who Apparently Doesn't Understand What the Word 'Review' Means wrote:
Jesus....Life is short, STFU and work out. Why do you have to complain about beyoncification and other BS. The reason this is a successful program is because people know about Tony and are aware that he is lame. You agree to this.
The point is, you don't wanna live like a fat bisque and you bought this. So JUST QUIT BITCHIN AND DO YOUR WORKOUTS!!

I love several things, obviously, but the best is the conclusion that the program is successful BECAUSE Tony is lame. Love it.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:03 pm 
WRETCHED

Randi, that is pretty funny and sad. I guess people have no better use for their time.

Today, I did the Challenge. Did better than last week, which is a woo hoo. Also, did a long walk outside with hubs and the pups after my workout.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:42 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Has anyone tried Rockin' Body or Turbo Fire? There's no way something like P90x is feasible for me but I think a more dancing based routine might be ok for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:48 pm 
Hip Goiter

Moon, I think someone on here did TurboFire, I remember talking about it. Looks fun! Who does Rockin' Body, Shaun?

So CVX with a weight (or not) is a really good workout. I now look forward to doing it! How is everyone?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I am in my third week of P90X3 - so far so good. I hope that I haven't messed up my shoulder with some of the side plank work, so will take it easier on those. I think I may have lost some weight, too, but will wait for the official pronouncement after the 30-day check in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next