| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

pickledtreats wrote:
Oh wait, you guys just answered this question earlier in the thread. I like the idea of using resistance bands instead of the pull-up bar because I know for sure I can't do a pull-up right now. I can't even do a push-up.

yeah, I still have to do assisted pull ups, but I do feel I'm getting a bit better.
And my push ups have improved out of sight, seriously. You just do so many of them in this programme that you can't do anything but get better at them!!

appifanie wrote:
Hi guys~ I went from kenpo to my chest/shoulders/tri to being so tired last night I went to bed at 9 - 9!! I figured doing plyo while exhausted was bad. I realized the exhaustion is from the topamax I'm on and I'm going to start weaning off the topamax today so hopefully I can get my energy back. Hoping to get Plyo in tonight!!

:))

now I feel bad, we always go bed at 9 [sometimes 8:30].... : /

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We're going to Hawaii in February, so I've got some serious motivation now to step it up. I'm sort of doing a P90/P90X combo now, though. I do want to build strength, but honestly, I really just want to lose some weight, so I'm cutting back on calories. I know you can't really do that with a really intense workout program. I don't have a ton to lose. I just have a comfort range, I've stepped out of it, and it's starting to get to me. I'm still doing lots of push-ups, though, so I plan to get back into it extra hard when I get to my goal!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:59 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

So I thought I'd check in and openly admit that it'll be another week before I see Tony again. Instead of wicked birthday shenanigans, my husband and I both got sick, a sign of crashed immune systems. I'm taking it easy through Thanksgiving. I hope to start with a bang this weekend. I'll have 4 days off, so plenty of time!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hey Karma sorry to hear you are sick! I've had a couple little bugs during my 5 months on P90X. There is a rule or saying out there, and I have no idea if it has any basis in fact, that if you are only sick from the neck up, you can still work out. Meaning if you have troubles in the chest or gut, don't exercise. But if you have a good 'ole head cold (stuffy nose, coughy throat), it's OK to do a light workout. I've followed that and done some cardio and maybe Core Synergistics just so's I don't lose progress when I'm sick. Seems to work. Otherwise, when you get better and hit it hard, you'll be in some pain. At least I was!

DLD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:32 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hey by the way a little milestone for me: 82 un-assisted pull-ups! Woo-hoo! That was in Friday's Legs & Back routine. I'm trying to get to 100 by year's end, or between 15-20 in each of the six exercises. In my first P90X Legs & Back workout back in June, I did all of 5 unassisted pull-ups for the entire workout. I'm an old fart too; I just turned 46. So, as Tony would say, I don't wanna hear any excuses from none of you!

:)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:35 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Feel better soon Karma! That's a lousy post birthday present :(

DLD - 82! I'll be excited when I can do 1! 82 is amazing!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I started week 9 on Saturday and I really enjoyed doing Chest & Back and I felt it on Sunday too but not in a bad way.

Also, I hope you feel better soon Karma!

oncewerewesties wrote:
appifanie wrote:
Hi guys~ I went from kenpo to my chest/shoulders/tri to being so tired last night I went to bed at 9 - 9!! I figured doing plyo while exhausted was bad. I realized the exhaustion is from the topamax I'm on and I'm going to start weaning off the topamax today so hopefully I can get my energy back. Hoping to get Plyo in tonight!!

:))

now I feel bad, we always go bed at 9 [sometimes 8:30].... : /

Same, but I don't feel bad because I *need* 8 hours sleep and I love going to bed.

DLD wrote:
Hey by the way a little milestone for me: 82 un-assisted pull-ups! Woo-hoo! That was in Friday's Legs & Back routine. I'm trying to get to 100 by year's end, or between 15-20 in each of the six exercises. In my first P90X Legs & Back workout back in June, I did all of 5 unassisted pull-ups for the entire workout. I'm an old fart too; I just turned 46. So, as Tony would say, I don't wanna hear any excuses from none of you!

Go you!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:09 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
I started week 9 on Saturday and I really enjoyed doing Chest & Back and I felt it on Sunday too but not in a bad way.

we started week nine on Friday and I was stoked to go back to Chest and Back too. Pretty sore/tired afterwards, but definitely in a good way.
I started going for a run/jog on weekends last week [recovery week] and managed again this weekend before plyo on Saturday and before shoulders/arms yesterday [only ~5km, but it feels good to be back into it!]

Kitteh wrote:
Same, but I don't feel bad because I *need* 8 hours sleep and I love going to bed.

yeah, we get up at 5 so need to crash pretty early...

Amazing effort on the pull ups, DLD!

Feel better, Karma! Being sick is no fun ever, but especially around your birthday!! : /

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Thanks! Keep going at it! Pull-ups have been the hardest thing for me in all of P90X. Well and maybe the single leg lunges -- I hate those too. But on the pull-ups, there's this magical moment where you do one completely un-assisted one -- like a wide-grip, or a corn-cob, or whatever. And then the next week, amazingly you can do 2. And then 3, then 5, then 7 and so on, and they just keep piling up! It's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:12 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

DLD wrote:
Thanks! Keep going at it! Pull-ups have been the hardest thing for me in all of P90X. Well and maybe the single leg lunges -- I hate those too. But on the pull-ups, there's this magical moment where you do one completely un-assisted one -- like a wide-grip, or a corn-cob, or whatever. And then the next week, amazingly you can do 2. And then 3, then 5, then 7 and so on, and they just keep piling up! It's pretty cool.

Being able to do a pull-up is one of my ultimate goals! I think I'm going to try and start P90X this week!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

VeganMeredith wrote:
Being able to do a pull-up is one of my ultimate goals! I think I'm going to try and start P90X this week!

Awesome! If you can't do one un-assisted, then start out using a chair or bench or something. But don't make it easy! Pull up as hard as you can and use as little leg as possible to get your chin over the bar. And then when you're at the top, lift your feet/foot and go down all by your arm and back strength. Do that until your arms are total jello and you can't even hold yourself up. That's how I finally started building up the strength to do these #$#%^ing things....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:40 am 
Not NOT A Furry

DLD wrote:

WOW!!!!! Impressive!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:56 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

DLD wrote:
VeganMeredith wrote:

Awesome! If you can't do one un-assisted, then start out using a chair or bench or something. But don't make it easy! Pull up as hard as you can and use as little leg as possible to get your chin over the bar. And then when you're at the top, lift your feet/foot and go down all by your arm and back strength. Do that until your arms are total jello and you can't even hold yourself up. That's how I finally started building up the strength to do these #$#%^ing things....

Thanks for the tips! Congrats on doing 82!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oncewerewesties wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

we started week nine on Friday and I was stoked to go back to Chest and Back too. Pretty sore/tired afterwards, but definitely in a good way.
I started going for a run/jog on weekends last week [recovery week] and managed again this weekend before plyo on Saturday and before shoulders/arms yesterday [only ~5km, but it feels good to be back into it!

Nice work on jogging as well as doing P90X! I did shoulders and arms yestday, I really enjoyed it and did heaps more chair dips than I did in week 3 and found side tri rise even easier!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:21 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
Nice work on jogging as well as doing P90X! I did shoulders and arms yestday, I really enjoyed it and did heaps more chair dips than I did in week 3 and found side tri rise even easier!

Good work! That side tri rise is really fun, right? : )
We both had more reps on pretty much all the max-rep exercises than we did in phase 1 which felt pretty awesome. I'm hoping to get to 26 on the side tri rise in week 11 so that Tony will have to come to our house haha.

I can't believe it's almost over, and I'm so glad I'm not going back to the gym so I can carry on : )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

oncewerewesties wrote:
I'm hoping to get to 26 on the side tri rise in week 11 so that Tony will have to come to our house haha.

26 would be totally stunning!! I did chest/shoulders/triceps today and flamed out at 19 side-tri-rises. I tell myself it's because I've become so muscular now that I can't straighten my arms. As if! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:20 pm 

oh, I find it harder to get a decent number in chest/shoulders/triceps too, but you get longer each side [I think] in shoulders/arms so we always squeeze more out then!
My highest rep is 25 so far, but my husband's already done 27 and Tony hasn't come visiting, so I don't think it really works ha ha

Legs and back went really well this morning, the single leg wall squats were definitely the easiest I've found them so far. This stuff rock! : )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oncewerewesties wrote:
My highest rep is 25 so far, but my husband's already done 27 and Tony hasn't come visiting, so I don't think it really works ha ha

I would laugh if he does show up one day!

I skipped yoga yest'day, bad girl. I have to take measurements and weigh myself as it's day 61 today :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:18 pm 

Kitteh wrote:

I skipped yoga yest'day, bad girl. I have to take measurements and weigh myself as it's day 61 today :/

we're at exactly the same point in the programme, so will probably do this tonight too. I would be happy without the weighing and measuring but my husband wants to track his, so we do it. The first time he had to pick me up and place me on the scales though, but I think I'm a bit more ok with it now...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:02 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oncewerewesties wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

we're at exactly the same point in the programme, so will probably do this tonight too. I would be happy without the weighing and measuring but my husband wants to track his, so we do it. The first time he had to pick me up and place me on the scales though, but I think I'm a bit more ok with it now...

That reminds me of an episode of Scrubs!

I was of the opinion that you shouldn't weigh yourself too often because all you do then is obsess about the number on the scales. But then I read an article yesterday that says it's better to weigh yourself regularly and people who don't tend to gain weight not lose it and I gained back some of the weight I lost at 30 days. Haven't taken measurements yet :/

Skipped my work out yesterday too so I'll do it today, I think it's legs and back? And then kenpo tomorrow instead of a rest day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:12 pm 

I'm just trying to focus on strength/fitness, so I'm ok with not knowing my weight [which hasn't changed at all] but that article does sound interesting...

The husband didn't want to get out of bed this morning so I did kenpo by myself, and into week ten tomorrow morning : )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oncewerewesties wrote:
I'm just trying to focus on strength/fitness, so I'm ok with not knowing my weight [which hasn't changed at all] but that article does sound interesting...

The husband didn't want to get out of bed this morning so I did kenpo by myself, and into week ten tomorrow morning : )

Me too, I don't want it to be about weight because I think it's a healthier way to approach exercise and go you!

Also, my Mum just dropped into work and she was concerned because I'm on my own even thought the office is locked and our warehouse is shut. So I told her not to worry and showed her my awesome kenpo skillz! *kick-punch*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:34 pm 

haha, awesome. I try and keep my kenpo skillz under wraps because I think I look like a muppet, but sometimes we forget to close the blinds and one of our neighbours can see into our lounge... yeah, I've caught them looking a few times, I'm pretty sure they think we're crazy!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oncewerewesties wrote:
haha, awesome. I try and keep my kenpo skillz under wraps because I think I look like a muppet, but sometimes we forget to close the blinds and one of our neighbours can see into our lounge... yeah, I've caught them looking a few times, I'm pretty sure they think we're crazy!

Haha, I keep the blinds shut too but I usually have a gap to let some light in, hope no one has seen me jumping around like a loony!

I did Legs & Back yesterday, still find some of the moves make my knees ache. Kenpo today!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:46 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Kitteh wrote:
Also, my Mum just dropped into work and she was concerned because I'm on my own even thought the office is locked and our warehouse is shut. So I told her not to worry and showed her my awesome kenpo skillz! *kick-punch*

I wonder if you could scare off scary people with star blocks?

Plyo day - day 72!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 82  Next