| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Kitteh wrote:
Thanks for that OWW, I'm glad he's at least pesc. and influencing other people. I've said this to Appi before but I love in the videos whenever he says "non-dairy I hope!" in response to anyone that says they're stirring chowder or bisque! And that newsletter was great, I hope a lot of people follow his lead.

I also really like that he corrects them for saying he's a vegetarian and clarifies that he eats fish. Accurate labelling win! : )

My husband and I laugh at the 'non-dairy' lines in the dvds too.

2.5 hours of 'work' to go then I get to go home and do yoga! : )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oncewerewesties wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
Thanks for that OWW, I'm glad he's at least pesc. and influencing other people. I've said this to Appi before but I love in the videos whenever he says "non-dairy I hope!" in response to anyone that says they're stirring chowder or bisque! And that newsletter was great, I hope a lot of people follow his lead.

I also really like that he corrects them for saying he's a vegetarian and clarifies that he eats fish. Accurate labelling win! : )

My husband and I laugh at the 'non-dairy' lines in the dvds too.

2.5 hours of 'work' to go then I get to go home and do yoga! : )

Good point about the labelling and he comes across as a pretty cool guy.

I love the girl who says "German potato soup" and then Tony repeats it in his German accent, ha!

Enjoy yoga! I didn't like it the first time because it was so not like yoga but it's grown on me now, especially the second half as it's very similar to Bikram yoga.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

OWW - Nice! Thanks! :) I already found Tony hot and amusing, so realizing he was mostly vegan just made him more awesome.

And yeah, I'm super bitter about the Tony disliking Clif Bars thing - I think that they are a reasonable replacement for P90X bars, so if Clif aren't good, then the P90X must not be so great. A lot of people on the boards say it's because they have too much sugar so they are finding lower sugar (but un vegan) replacements. Apparently Tony likes those Pro Bars if he eats bars, but those teeny $3 bars make me twitchy.

eta: I realized the cookbook I got from BB with the vegan stuff was for signing up for the $2.99/week club membership.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:
I'll SQL error YOUR double post.

Is it the P90x or the new boards that are making you so violent? It's especially frightening with little appifanie there with her mean popsicle face.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

appifanie wrote:
I'll SQL error YOUR double post.

Is it the P90x or the new boards that are making you so violent? It's especially frightening with little appifanie there with her mean popsicle face.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:19 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

you guys are so inspiring! i cannot afford the $120 right now though cause I am about to take some unpaid time off work and after that I will only be working 4 days a week. Is there a place I can download it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:32 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I used to do the slim in 6 program but never really pushed myself so no results (shocking no?).

I just got the ChaLean xtream program, but I've yet to watch it.

Oh I have yoga booty ballet as well... but that left me very uninspired.

now to switch from collecting work-oud dvd's to doing them!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:26 am 

Thanks dangersquirrel! :) They're definitely more useful if you watch them. I'm not sure about the other programs yet - I just know that I think Tony is hot and funny and just the right level of inspirational w/o being annoying.

littlebear - I couldn't afford them either when I started so I downloaded them and I just bought them a few days ago.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

appifanie wrote:
I couldn't afford them either when I started so I downloaded them and I just bought them a few days ago.

glad to know I'm not the only who's done this :)

I did buy the slim in 6 and the original beachbody workout with Tony (I haven't seen it listed on their site for a few years now). Fortunately I was able to get the yoga booty at half price books for cheap!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:38 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Kitteh wrote:
Enjoy yoga! I didn't like it the first time because it was so not like yoga but it's grown on me now, especially the second half as it's very similar to Bikram yoga.

I've never even seen what yoga is meant to be, much less attempted it, so this is very totally new and scary! But we're loving it and feeling better and more comfortable with each time we go through the routine.

littlebear wrote:
you guys are so inspiring! i cannot afford the $120 right now though cause I am about to take some unpaid time off work and after that I will only be working 4 days a week. Is there a place I can download it?

yeah, it's mad expensive at retail price! I had to cancel my gym membership to free up the cash to pay for it, and found a set of the dvds [legit!] online for $65 [I think around US$50?] so that helped. We're definitely thinking it's worth it though, at least so far! : /

Kicked off week five with chest/ shoulders/ triceps this morning, faaaaaar out there are some crazy pushups in there! One handed, slow motion, clap, aaaargh!
Awesome fun though... : )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 pm 

It mostly is fun, and time goes quickly, and I'm pretty proud of myself when I finish stuff. Normally I'm such a quitter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
And yeah, I'm super bitter about the Tony disliking Clif Bars thing - I think that they are a reasonable replacement for P90X bars, so if Clif aren't good, then the P90X must not be so great. A lot of people on the boards say it's because they have too much sugar so they are finding lower sugar (but un vegan) replacements. Apparently Tony likes those Pro Bars if he eats bars, but those teeny $3 bars make me twitchy.

Also, like the recovery drink, he must have to push BB products so he's probably not going to say he's ok with other brands because BB want him to be promoting their bars instead. If they're similar then you should stick with them.

appifanie wrote:
littlebear - I couldn't afford them either when I started so I downloaded them

Ditto.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:51 pm 

My hips are totally smaller!

Carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:31 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yay! Good job!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

This thread is full of awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:49 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It's day 29 so I weighed myself, I've lost 3kg (approx 6.6lbs)! Yay, will measure later.

And I just realised that the site I order my Deva hair & nail vitamins from also sells Clif bars. Does anyone have any flavour suggestions? Also, there seem to be different types and Luna bars too and Vega bars as well, has anyone tried them?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:57 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Kitteh wrote:
Does anyone have any flavour suggestions? Also, there seem to be different types, which ones should I get?

I like the regular ones (on the site, the ones that say "For Energy Building"). My favorite flavor is choc chip peanut crunch, but that doesn't seem to be on there. Based on the flavors available: pb, choc chip, and black cherry almond.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:03 pm 

Kitteh! Congrats, that's amazing! I'm super duper jealous! And impressed!

The Clif Builder's Bars are the high protein ones comprable to P90X bars - I've tried the chocolate, chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream and liked them all clearly.

I like all Luna bars that involve chocolate, especially Choc Raspberry and Choc Peppermint.

Never had the Vega bars - Vega seems to be too pricey for my blood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm doing P90x and actually just found your blog yesterday hopelessly searching for some p90x vegan help. I was hopelessly excited to actually find a different resource beyond the same three things I kept finding before.

I started the first week in September but I'm a total quitter. The second week I was so sore I was in misery so I stopped after Day 2 so I could take my GRE in peace. I've started weekly since then, and at this point I've done Chest and Back (day 1) a total of 6 times but Legs and Back (day 5) only 3. I've finally decided that I don't care what comes up, exams, me or the kid being sick, or whatever, I'm staying the course this time. At least I'm persistant. If nothing else I can seriously do some pushups now-about 18 standard, and I only use my knees for Diamonds...they are tough!

Anyway, today was Day 5 for this go round and I'm feeling pretty good. I still had a nasty cold when I started but by the end of day 2 it was gone. I think P90x kicked its asparagus to the curb. Plus since my original day 1 I've lost a full inch off of my stomach-not bad considering how much I've quit, skipped on ab ripper and not tracked my nutrition appropriately.

I'm really glad to find all the resources in this thread because I've been kind of at a loss as to who to approach the whole food situation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
My hips are totally smaller!

Carry on.

Woo!

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
Does anyone have any flavour suggestions? Also, there seem to be different types, which ones should I get?

I like the regular ones (on the site, the ones that say "For Energy Building"). My favorite flavor is choc chip peanut crunch, but that doesn't seem to be on there. Based on the flavors available: pb, choc chip, and black cherry almond.

Thanks, Mo!

appifanie wrote:
Kitteh! Congrats, that's amazing! I'm super duper jealous! And impressed!

The Clif Builder's Bars are the high protein ones comprable to P90X bars - I've tried the chocolate, chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream and liked them all clearly.

I like all Luna bars that involve chocolate, especially Choc Raspberry and Choc Peppermint.

Never had the Vega bars - Vega seems to be too pricey for my blood.

I'm surprised and part of me doesn't want to know my weight because I tend to slack off if I think I'm progressing, but I'm not going to do that this time!

Thanks for the flavour suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

bekki wrote:
I'm doing P90x and actually just found your blog yesterday hopelessly searching for some p90x vegan help. I was hopelessly excited to actually find a different resource beyond the same three things I kept finding before.

I started the first week in September but I'm a total quitter. The second week I was so sore I was in misery so I stopped after Day 2 so I could take my GRE in peace. I've started weekly since then, and at this point I've done Chest and Back (day 1) a total of 6 times but Legs and Back (day 5) only 3. I've finally decided that I don't care what comes up, exams, me or the kid being sick, or whatever, I'm staying the course this time. At least I'm persistant. If nothing else I can seriously do some pushups now-about 18 standard, and I only use my knees for Diamonds...they are tough!

Anyway, today was Day 5 for this go round and I'm feeling pretty good. I still had a nasty cold when I started but by the end of day 2 it was gone. I think P90x kicked its asparagus to the curb. Plus since my original day 1 I've lost a full inch off of my stomach-not bad considering how much I've quit, skipped on ab ripper and not tracked my nutrition appropriately.

I'm really glad to find all the resources in this thread because I've been kind of at a loss as to who to approach the whole food situation.

Hey Bekki!

Appi's blog has been super helpful to me and it's definitely good to be able to talk about P90X with other people and other vegans.

There are forums over at BeachBody.com, sign up and join us in the womens' results thread & in the vegan thread :) When you sign up, choose Appifanie as your coach and she'll help you with nutrition and keeping you motivated!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:48 pm 

someone in the women's thread is proud of herself because she - are you ready? - stopped eating orange cheese. really.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
someone in the women's thread is proud of herself because she - are you ready? - stopped eating orange cheese. really.

:O

I have to catch up on that thread, I've had a bazillion email notifications but was too busy painting yest'day to read 'em.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:28 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
appifanie wrote:

I have to catch up on that thread, I've had a bazillion email notifications but was too busy painting yest'day to read 'em.

i'm still a million pages back

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
appifanie wrote:

i'm still a million pages back

I gave up trying to read the whole thread. And I'm glad the vegan thread is working out well, hopefully some of the other vegans will join in.

DLD has some good tips too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 82  Next