| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What to eat post-workout
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 am 
***LIES!!!***

nebulae wrote:
I've started going to the gym recently, and I was wondering what a good post-workout snack would be.
I usually go around 10:00 am, so I've already had breakfast, and I finish around 11:30. I prefer to eat a later lunch, so I don't mind if it's filling.
At first I was eating apples and peanut butter, but that made me feel icky. I bought some hemp protein the other day (this kind) and today I made a shake with 3tbsp of the protein powder, 1/2 an apple, 3/4 cup almond milk, some ginger and cinnamon. It tasted alright, and afterwards I felt much better than I did when I was eating the apples and peanut butter. Lots more energy.
I was wondering if this was an alright thing to eat after my workout (if the protein & carb balance was okay). Should I be adding some sort of fat to it too?

I usually do 20 minutes of cardio, and then around an hour of weights/strength training. My goal is to build some lean muscle.
I figure if anyone could help me out it would be you guys.

Thanks!

It might have been the fat from the peanut butter that was making you feel icky to begin with. Carbs and protein are much easier on the tummy.