| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
 Post subject: Re: Couch to 5K
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:57 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Well I definitely couldn't go 5k today. I had week 5 day 2 in the background and that was a bit much for me. Starting at week 4 the next time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:50 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I'm starting this again after a really long break from running. I had a knee injury I kept thinking was healed, then it would flare up again when I tried to start running again. I haven't been running regularly in nearly two years, but finally (after a complete break of about 6 months, getting some prescription orthotics and doing a tonne of yoga) I did week 1 day 1 a couple of days ago, and had no knee pain at all! Yay! Going to attempt day 2 soon, when it is less unbearably hot...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:11 pm 

I did week 8 day 1 today and was a bit bummed to find that the 30 min of running was only 2.78 miles, according to my Fitbit. I thought it'd be 3.1 miles of running not 3.1 miles including the warm up and cool down.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:20 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

That depends on how fast you are running. Also, my fitbit isn't particularly accurate on mileage. I use a running app that tracks my run with GPS, so is more-or-less accurate. When I enter my run in my fitbit app (I have a flex, so it doesn't automatically recognize exercise), it always increases my step count.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:41 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Week 4 day 1 today. Managed the first five minute run OK. 4 minutes 30 seconds into the next five minute run I collapsed, passed right out. Damn it! That puts paid to the running for a while...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:31 pm 

I'm officially a couch to 5k graduate! I think Tzippy is right about my speed. On my last 30 minute run I almost got to 3.1 miles (did 3.06). I think I would have made it to 3.1 miles had an unleashed dog not ran up to me and jump on me forcing me to stop and wait for his owner to help me during the last 5 minutes of my run. We have a leash law in my town and since when is a school track considered a dog park? Anyway I'm excited for my next run and hopefully will do a full 5k in 30 minutes!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:35 pm 

Also Tzippy I believe you can manually put your Fitbit flex into activity/exercise mode. You do it the same way you put it in sleep mode. Just tap it when you start your exercise and tap it a few times at the end. Then it will log it in the activity log. The customer service rep told me the step count is more accurate this way instead of manually logging it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:11 am 

I ran a 5k today! 3.13 miles in 34:08! I'm pretty proud of that! Took me 2 months and 3 weeks to train for it. I have a 5k race on July 30 so I'm glad I know I can actually run the whole thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:20 am 
Impressive boner

I've joined local women's running groups twice this year, who do the 10 week c25k courses. I did 5 weeks of the first one before other things messed up my timetable, so tried to keep up with the schedule on a treadmill but couldn't do it on my own. Now the second group have started from scratch I don't feel challenged enough so am hanging back from running with them for another 2-3 weeks. I can do 10-15 minutes so the 1-2 minute sections aren't enough right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:40 pm 

I ran my first 5k race today. In a downpour. The race was postponed almost 2 hours due to lightning. My time was slower than I was expecting even given the weather conditions, 38:24. I'm still pretty proud of myself. I hope the next one will have better weather. I don't like shoes and socks on the best of days so having soaking wet shoes and socks on my feet for 3 hours wasn't the most fun for me. The race was on the most beautiful trail on a nature reserve and because of the heavy rain the bugs stayed away. I'm definitely inspired to run more races though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:59 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

micachica wrote:
I ran my first 5k race today. In a downpour. The race was postponed almost 2 hours due to lightning. My time was slower than I was expecting even given the weather conditions, 38:24. I'm still pretty proud of myself. I hope the next one will have better weather. I don't like shoes and socks on the best of days so having soaking wet shoes and socks on my feet for 3 hours wasn't the most fun for me. The race was on the most beautiful trail on a nature reserve and because of the heavy rain the bugs stayed away. I'm definitely inspired to run more races though.

congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I went for a run for the first time in over a month. My doc said I'm OK to exercise so sure. I skipped back a week (wasn't sure how much fitness I'd lose in a month) and I managed it OK! It was good to get out and run. Never thought I'd say that. But I still had chest pain while running so that's a worry. I'm OK though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 862 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35