| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
 Post subject: Re: Couch to 5K
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:21 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

You can definitely do it, signing up for a race can motivate you to train harder. Plus, racing is fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:34 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm starting this in July. I tried to start it this month, but I got sick, and am still trying to get over it. I'm excited, though, I'm switching the program up for me a bit. I'm going to focus on doing each "program" each month. So for like the month of July, I'll do the 4 minute warm up walk, 60 seconds run, 90 seconds brisk walk 8x, and cool down walk, three times a week for one month, and hen go onto a longer one the next.

I'm not really in shape, so I figure I probably shouldn't push myself to finish it all in 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:40 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I have to agree, if I didn't have a 5K I signed up for, I probably wouldn't go run; great motivation, not wanting to lose that race sign-up cost :)

And I agree as well about how hard it is to train in the heat. I went running early morning on a rainy day, with cold wind. I ran for the longest distance without stopping so far, at a sub-30 minutes 5K pace. I actually checked my Strava (running app) twice to make sure it wasn't making a mistake. In retrospect, I think it was the weather that was just perfect. And I'm super happy that I am getting better every week, so encouraging!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Has anyone read "No Meat Athlete" from Matt Frazier? Seems interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:01 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

So, I decided to kick it up a notch. I'm still having to run indoors, but due to my body being so run down from sickness and a million other things, I've been "running" in place at a pretty lame speed. Yesterday I really pushed myself to actually get my heart rate up and I got good and sweaty.

Today, of course, I'm wiped out. But I'm hoping soon I can actually run outdoors again. I'm on week 7 this week. I may try the outdoor run tomorrow and see if my allergies kill me.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31