| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Thanksgiving entree ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:18 pm 
Offline
Naked Under Apron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: Boston
Any suggestions for some good gluten-free Thanksgiving entrees? We're hosting Thanksgiving this year and while I am generally OK mixing and matching dishes, I know we have at least a few traditionalists who will want a MAIN DISH for the protein... and all the recipes for loaves/unturkeys I've looked at seem to be pretty gluten-y.

There are some other food allergies at the table, so bonus points if you have any suggestions without nutritional yeast or soy, but this isn't a requirement.

_________________
http://vegetalion.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving entree ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:22 pm 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: A New England
vegetalion wrote:
Any suggestions for some good gluten-free Thanksgiving entrees? We're hosting Thanksgiving this year and while I am generally OK mixing and matching dishes, I know we have at least a few traditionalists who will want a MAIN DISH for the protein... and all the recipes for loaves/unturkeys I've looked at seem to be pretty gluten-y.

There are some other food allergies at the table, so bonus points if you have any suggestions without nutritional yeast or soy, but this isn't a requirement.
Veganize this! (That is, if it's not too much with the whole "new baby" thing. Then again, you could just serve the whole "new baby" thing!)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/vegducken

_________________
So he put Shakespeare in Love on, which is a movie I used to like but now all I think about are steamed vaginas... ~ linanil
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com
http://earlymoderntimes.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving entree ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:25 pm 
Offline
Naked Under Apron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 1723
Location: Boston
Desdemona wrote:
vegetalion wrote:
Any suggestions for some good gluten-free Thanksgiving entrees? We're hosting Thanksgiving this year and while I am generally OK mixing and matching dishes, I know we have at least a few traditionalists who will want a MAIN DISH for the protein... and all the recipes for loaves/unturkeys I've looked at seem to be pretty gluten-y.

There are some other food allergies at the table, so bonus points if you have any suggestions without nutritional yeast or soy, but this isn't a requirement.
Veganize this! (That is, if it's not too much with the whole "new baby" thing. Then again, you could just serve the whole "new baby" thing!)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/vegducken

Ooo, intriguing! And I think the egg in it is just for binding; flax goop should be fine. I think we'll have a lot of hands on deck for Thanksgiving prep, so I can delegate. (And if not, the baby will be vegan, so I guess yeah, I can just serve him.)

_________________
http://vegetalion.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving entree ideas?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:23 am 
Offline
Flounceiad 2011
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 6731
Location: A New England
vegetalion wrote:
Desdemona wrote:
vegetalion wrote:
Any suggestions for some good gluten-free Thanksgiving entrees? We're hosting Thanksgiving this year and while I am generally OK mixing and matching dishes, I know we have at least a few traditionalists who will want a MAIN DISH for the protein... and all the recipes for loaves/unturkeys I've looked at seem to be pretty gluten-y.

There are some other food allergies at the table, so bonus points if you have any suggestions without nutritional yeast or soy, but this isn't a requirement.
Veganize this! (That is, if it's not too much with the whole "new baby" thing. Then again, you could just serve the whole "new baby" thing!)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/vegducken

Ooo, intriguing! And I think the egg in it is just for binding; flax goop should be fine. I think we'll have a lot of hands on deck for Thanksgiving prep, so I can delegate. (And if not, the baby will be vegan, so I guess yeah, I can just serve him.)
Yes! Let us know how he…er "it" turns out!

_________________
So he put Shakespeare in Love on, which is a movie I used to like but now all I think about are steamed vaginas... ~ linanil
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com
http://earlymoderntimes.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer