| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dessert Madness - photo heavy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

My little sister and cousin made these. They're chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache and cream cheese glaze. They were incredible....I've taught her well. It's so great to get someone baking when they're young; she was making muffins, cupcakes, and pancakes at age 11. What a cool kid. Leagues ahead of her peers!

Gingerbread Cupcakes from VCTOTW with simple lemon icing. Ginger + lemon = joy.

Haha, my mom took this. She's the camera person who's like "It's not taking the picture; why isn't it going off?" and I'm like "Mom, it's on video." Anyway, it's bundt cake with ganache, for my birthday dinner.

Also for a different birthday dessert (I had one party with friends and two family dinners. I swear I'm not excessive.), my mom made cheesecake from The Kind Diet. She even macerated strawberries in agave! She's so cute. This cheesecake is really good; I've made it a few times.

These are from Raphsodic Bakery here in Orlando, FL. Left is Chai. Right is Wake Up, which involves maple, coffee, vanilla, and espresso beans. Their vanilla frosting is my favorite frosting ever. Everything is amazing.

I wanted to make a milkshake. Drunken Monkey coffeeshop/restaurant here in Orlando makes a vegan brownie milkshake for which my sister & I are freaks, but they use ice, soymilk, and soy creamer instead of ice cream. I hate making milkshakes with ice cream; you know how you need to use like a half-gallon to make enough shakes for, like, 3 people? Because it blends down & decreases so much? So I made an ice cream-less one...it was a little thin but I'm going to work on it. It was 1 banana, a slab of peanut butter, a few Oreos, ice, and almond milk. On the thin side, but awesome. I will work on a better recipe.

Finally, Lemon Bars from The Joy of Vegan Baking. I'm a lemon freak. The edges always overcook, but these are great. As you can see I forwent the plate and went savage...how embarrassing.

Anyway, I think I need to cut down on the sugar a bit.

Post subject: Re: Dessert Madness - photo heavy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:35 pm 
Semen Strong

These are awesome! Happy Birthday and YAY SUGAR!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 pm 
Chip Strong

I like the lemon bar picture with the "when life gives you lemons..." cross stitch in the background. This all looks amazingly delicious, and I like your milkshake idea.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:57 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Wow my teeth hurt just looking at all of that sugary goodness.