| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Made With Love
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:40 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Has anyone made anything from this?

I had never heard of this book until I saw it today at B&N. The recipes are gluten-free and peanut-free, but they do contain tree nuts. My decision to buy it was based solely on the muffin pictures, which is silly but that's how good they look. I've never had much luck with gluten-free baking so hopefully this will be the book that works for me. The muffins are: Love 'N' Peas (sweet potato with peas dotting the muffins like chocolate chips), Pumpkin Breakfast, Blueberry Oat, and Roasted Apple. They're big and overflowing, and covered in crumbly, streusel-y things.

I also want to try the date squares, which look incredible, as well as a strange recipe called "Sriracha Sauce," which actually contains bottled sriracha sauce mixed 50/50 with a mixture of coconut and olive oil along with onions, garlic, maple syrup and cayenne. The only thing giving me pause is the use of LOTS of palm shortening as well as Daiya-type shredded cheese in several recipes. I suppose they'll be easy enough to replace. One other thing I noticed was that the Nanaimo bar recipe is the OhSheGlows recipe, doubled. The almonds have been removed from the base and coconut milk is changed to coconut cream, but still...

Post subject: Re: Made With Love
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I see on Amazon that it just came out three days ago. And there is a review that says the cookbook has a recipe for Nanaimo Bars! I love those and I'm curious how they make them gluten-free. I think of the graham cracker flavor as an important component.

Post subject: Re: Made With Love
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:19 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

My sister-in-law has celiac and a peanut allergy, so this is perfect!