| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Black bean, mushroom, and quinoa-stuffed peppers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello! I am in the middle of making the "black bean, mushroom, and quinoa-stuffed peppers" from Vegan with a Vengeance. I just finished making the filling, and while it tastes AMAZING, the quinoa didn't cook very well. It's still a little crunchy, and I had to take the pan off the stove because the filling was starting to burn on the bottom. I'm wondering if it would work to pre-cook the quinoa in just water (I've never had issues with that) and then add the cooked quinoa to the filling. Has anyone else made this? I really want to get it right, because holy crepe, the flavors are awesome. I haven't baked the peppers yet, so I'm hoping maybe the quinoa will cook a little more in the oven.

Thanks,
-Lisa

Post subject: Re: Black bean, mushroom, and quinoa-stuffed peppers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:52 pm 
Tofu Pup

Even I have tried making black bean, mushroom, and quinoa-stuffed peppers many times, till the stage of filling everything will be fine, but everyone face problem at the time of baking on pans, you should be very careful at this stage because if you do carelessness at this stage definitely filling will start burning in the bottom. Till now even I hadn’t gone for the pre cook of quinoa but hope it may workout for you.