| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:41 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 430
Robin Robertson's More Quick Fix Vegan (the one with the asparagus on the cover; not to be confused with Quick Fix Vegan or Quick Fix Vegetarian) comes out in a week. I've preordered the kindle book (please don't let the electronic edition be delayed like the one for Isa Does It, which I preordered from Amazon over a year ago and am still waiting for) and I can't wait for it to arrive on my kindle.

Has anyone here tested for More Quick Fix Vegan? What can you tell me about this book?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:59 am 
Not NOT A Furry
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 523
Nope - but I can not wait for this book to come. I love love love Quick Fix Vegan [not so much, Quick Fix Vegetarian - I don't know it never really hit me].

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:23 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 430
daisysunshine wrote:
Nope - but I can not wait for this book to come. I love love love Quick Fix Vegan [not so much, Quick Fix Vegetarian - I don't know it never really hit me].


Agreed, me too. I like some recipes in Quick Fix Vegetarian but Quick Fix Vegan is far superior, though both are actually vegan cookbooks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:10 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 430
I found a couple of recipes from this cookbook online:

Banh Mi Inspired Noodles

Veracruz Tacos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:22 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 430
Since I pre-ordered More Quick Fix Vegan, it arrived on my kindle today. The recipes look really good! The tables of contents are within each chapter and can't be easily previewed on Amazon. I hate when that happens to me so I thought I'd list the recipes here.

Chapter 1: Basically Speaking

This is mostly an advice-filled introductory chapter but it does have recipes for basics, which are:

Vegetable Broth
Seitan Trio
Baked Marinated Tofu
Pizza Dough
Beans from Scratch
Pie Dough
Vegan Sour Cream
Vegan Mayonnaise
Vegan Cream Cheese
Roasted Bell Peppers
Toasted Nuts and Seeds

Chapter 2: Souper Soups and Stews

Shortcut Bean Soup
Zucchini and White Bean Soup
Hummus Soup with Pita Croutons
Guacamole Soup
Succotash Soup
Garden Vegetable Bean Soup
French White Bean Soup
Harissa-Spiked Pumpkin Soup
Black Bean-Pumpkin Soup
Smoky Corn Chowder
Lemony Chickpea Spinach Soup
Creamy Tomato Soup
Clear Shiitake Soup with Bok Choy and Edamame
Thai Coconut Soup with Tofu
Chipotle-Sweet Potato Bisque
Green Chile Stew (caldillo)

Chapter 3: Big Bowls

Quinoa and Chickpeas with Arugula Pesto
Romesco Vegetable Bowls
Greens and Back Eyed Peas with Smoky Grits
Sushi Bowls
Cannellini Spezzatino
Banh-Mi Bowls
Roasted Vegetable Tabouli Bowls
Moroccan Couscous Bowls
Quinoa and Black Bean Chili Bowls
Balti Bowls
Red Beans and Sweet Potatoes with Watercress and Walnuts
Chimichurri Quinoa Bowls
Tempeh Larb
Mac Uncheesy Bowls
Sweet Potato Barbecue Bowls
Panzanella Bowls
Tempeh Reuben Bowls
Vegetable Potpie Bowls
Polenta with Tuscan Kale and Cremini Mushrooms
Mediterranean Tofu Scram-Bowls
Manchurian Chickpea Bowls
Mexi-Cali Quinoa Bowls with Pintos and Corn
Quinoa, White Beans and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Cranberries

Chapter 4: Stir Fries, Sautes and Skillet Dishes

Eggplant and Chickpeas Puttanesca
General Tso's Tofu
Fiery Korean Stir-Fry
Tofu and Green Beans with Hoisin Almond Sauce
Moroccan Bistilla Pilaf
Unstuffed Cabbage
Sesame-Orange Tempeh with Snow Peas
Succotash Fritters
Spicy Ginger-Lime Portobellos and Broccoli
Tempeh with Artichokes and Olives
Vegetable Fried Rice and Quinoa
Chickpeas Nicoise
Black Beans and Spinach with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
Figgy Quinoa Pilaf
Lemon Pesto Zucchini and White Beans
Sukiyaki Shiitakes and Tofu
Spicy Ginger Tempeh and Bok Choy
Quinoa-roni Pilaf
Quinoa with Fennel and Black Olives
Bulgur Pilaf with Chickpeas and Cranberries
Black Beans and Bulgur with Carrots and Figs
Pineapple-Curry Tempeh
Big Bang Tofu
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Picadillo
Chai-Spiced Rice and Chickpeas
Pan-Seared Portobellos with White Beans and Spinach

Chapter 5: Pasta for Dinner

Gemelli and Rapini with Walnut Pesto
Farfalle Primavera with Fennel Sauce
Linguine with Arugula and Cannellini Beans
Cavatappi and Broccoli with Creamy Artichoke-Walnut Sauce
Stroganoff Inspired Pasta
Jamaican Rasta Pasta
Linguine with White Clam-ish Sauce
Rotini and Asparagus with Springtime Pesto
Creamy Sesame Soba Stir-Fry
Fire and Ice Sesame Noodles
Banh-Mi Noodles
Ziti with Creamy Radicchio Sauce
Fusilli and Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Artichokes
Rotini with Smoky Chickpeas and Cauliflower
Pad Thai Primavera
Lemon-Dijon Pasta Shells with Zucchini
Pumpkin Sauced Penne with Crispy Kale
Miang Kham Angel Hair and Watercress
Spaghetti with Cremini Bolognese Sauce
Rotini with Broccoli and Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Farfalle with Madeira Mushrooms
Penne and Cannellini Beans with Fennel and Olives
Pumpkin Mac Uncheese

Meal-Worthy Sandwiches

Sloppy Jacks
Seitan Shawarmas
Sriracha Eggless Salad Sandwiches with Avocado
Curried Chickpea Pitas
Pan Seared Portobellos on Toast
Philly Uncheesesteaks
Taste of the Chickpea Sandwiches
Hoppin' John Po'Boys
Beans and Greens Burritos
Tonkatsu Tacos
Burgers with the Works
Smoky Tofu Caesar Wraps
Artichoke, White Bean and Green Olive Quesadillas
Super Salad Warps with Red Pepper-White Bean Spread
Veracruz Tacos
Mediterranean Portobello Wraps with Peperoncini Spread

Chapter 7: "Pantry Makes Perfect" Recipes

Three-Bean Pantry Chilli
Pantry Paella
Perfect Pantry Pasta
Artichoke Walnut Couscous
"Quiche"
Antipasto Tart
Pantry Burgers
Curried Red Bean and Pumpkin Soup
Pantry Corn Bread
Pantry Pumpkin Bread
Pantry Black Forest Cake

Chapter 8: From the Oven

Pretzel-Topped Mustard Mac Uncheese
Blushing Baked Ziti
Falafel Stuffed Portobellos with Tahini Sauce
Bajan Macaroni Pie
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas
Red Bean Loaf with Barbecue Glaze
Mediterranean Vegetable Strudel
Migas-Inspired Frittata
Three-Tomato Pizza
White Pizza with Artichoke-Arugula Pesto
Scottish Oaf Loaf
Mac and Queso Salsa
White Bean and Butternut Scalloped Potatoes
Mediterranean Polenta Pie
Black Bean-Quinoa Loaf

Chapter 9: Quick-Fix Desserts

Pina Colada Balls
Date Pecan Bars
Happy Oatmeal Cookies
Apricot-Chocolate Truffles
Cherry-Chocolate Pie Balls
Berry Fool-ish
Butterscotch Figgy Bites
Baklava Palmiers
Raspberry Zabaglione
Dessert Chips and Fresh Fruit Salsa
Blueberry Chocolate Trail Mix Bark
Chocolate-Roasted Strawberries with Almond Butter Cream
Peach Melba Crisp
"Fruidetes" with Coconut Pineapple Dip
Avocado Mousse with Raspberries
Mango Fried Rice Pudding
Pumpkin Brownies
Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
My Thai Sundaes with Green Tea Syrup
Chocolate Chip-Cherry Ice Cream

I typed all this by hand so there may be omissions or typos, but I hope it's helpful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm
Posts: 148
Location: Memphis
Wow! Those look fab, so many beautiful bowls! And pasta! And sammiches, ha! Thanks so much for taking the time to type this all out. :)

_________________
Goodreads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:22 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Chicago, IL
A whole chapter on bowls?!?! Might need to get the book just for this.

_________________
“Don’t do nothing because you can’t do everything. Do something. Anything.” - Colleen Patrick-Goudreau


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 am 
Huffs Nooch
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 126
I do love a bowl! Some of those soup recipes sound great too. I want Hummus Soup!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 am 
Huffs Nooch
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:08 am
Posts: 139
As soon as I saw that list of bowls in the contents, I caved. More Quick Fix Vegan is now on order. (Loved Quick Fix Vegan, too -- Those Chesapeake chickpea patties are a regular in our dinner roster.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3459
Location: Nashville, TN
I love some of Robin's books and am indifferent to others. I have Quick Fix Vegetarian and don't really use it, but I don't have Quick Fix Vegan and wasn't interested in this one until I saw that table of contents. Just ordered it this morning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 430
fenice wrote:
As soon as I saw that list of bowls in the contents, I caved. More Quick Fix Vegan is now on order. (Loved Quick Fix Vegan, too -- Those Chesapeake chickpea patties are a regular in our dinner roster.)


I've never made those. I should take a second look at that recipe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:27 pm 
Saggy Butt
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 pm
Posts: 283
Location: Kansas
Oh, no. Not another one! I can't wait for this. I'm off to the bookstore now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:47 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am
Posts: 246
Location: Quebec, Canada
Thanks for the tables of contents, LFL. It all looks delicious.

_________________
Château Imaginaire
Make-Believe Castle


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:32 pm 
So Totally Yiffy
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oklahoma
LFL wrote:
Since I pre-ordered More Quick Fix Vegan, it arrived on my kindle today. The recipes look really good! The tables of contents are within each chapter and can't be easily previewed on Amazon. I hate when that happens to me so I thought I'd list the recipes here.

Chapter 1: Basically Speaking

This is mostly an advice-filled introductory chapter but it does have recipes for basics, which are:

Vegetable Broth
Seitan Trio
Baked Marinated Tofu
Pizza Dough
Beans from Scratch
Pie Dough
Vegan Sour Cream
Vegan Mayonnaise
Vegan Cream Cheese
Roasted Bell Peppers
Toasted Nuts and Seeds

Chapter 2: Souper Soups and Stews

Shortcut Bean Soup
Zucchini and White Bean Soup
Hummus Soup with Pita Croutons
Guacamole Soup
Succotash Soup
Garden Vegetable Bean Soup
French White Bean Soup
Harissa-Spiked Pumpkin Soup
Black Bean-Pumpkin Soup
Smoky Corn Chowder
Lemony Chickpea Spinach Soup
Creamy Tomato Soup
Clear Shiitake Soup with Bok Choy and Edamame
Thai Coconut Soup with Tofu
Chipotle-Sweet Potato Bisque
Green Chile Stew (caldillo)

Chapter 3: Big Bowls

Quinoa and Chickpeas with Arugula Pesto
Romesco Vegetable Bowls
Greens and Back Eyed Peas with Smoky Grits
Sushi Bowls
Cannellini Spezzatino
Banh-Mi Bowls
Roasted Vegetable Tabouli Bowls
Moroccan Couscous Bowls
Quinoa and Black Bean Chili Bowls
Balti Bowls
Red Beans and Sweet Potatoes with Watercress and Walnuts
Chimichurri Quinoa Bowls
Tempeh Larb
Mac Uncheesy Bowls
Sweet Potato Barbecue Bowls
Panzanella Bowls
Tempeh Reuben Bowls
Vegetable Potpie Bowls
Polenta with Tuscan Kale and Cremini Mushrooms
Mediterranean Tofu Scram-Bowls
Manchurian Chickpea Bowls
Mexi-Cali Quinoa Bowls with Pintos and Corn
Quinoa, White Beans and Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Cranberries

Chapter 4: Stir Fries, Sautes and Skillet Dishes

Eggplant and Chickpeas Puttanesca
General Tso's Tofu
Fiery Korean Stir-Fry
Tofu and Green Beans with Hoisin Almond Sauce
Moroccan Bistilla Pilaf
Unstuffed Cabbage
Sesame-Orange Tempeh with Snow Peas
Succotash Fritters
Spicy Ginger-Lime Portobellos and Broccoli
Tempeh with Artichokes and Olives
Vegetable Fried Rice and Quinoa
Chickpeas Nicoise
Black Beans and Spinach with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
Figgy Quinoa Pilaf
Lemon Pesto Zucchini and White Beans
Sukiyaki Shiitakes and Tofu
Spicy Ginger Tempeh and Bok Choy
Quinoa-roni Pilaf
Quinoa with Fennel and Black Olives
Bulgur Pilaf with Chickpeas and Cranberries
Black Beans and Bulgur with Carrots and Figs
Pineapple-Curry Tempeh
Big Bang Tofu
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Picadillo
Chai-Spiced Rice and Chickpeas
Pan-Seared Portobellos with White Beans and Spinach

Chapter 5: Pasta for Dinner

Gemelli and Rapini with Walnut Pesto
Farfalle Primavera with Fennel Sauce
Linguine with Arugula and Cannellini Beans
Cavatappi and Broccoli with Creamy Artichoke-Walnut Sauce
Stroganoff Inspired Pasta
Jamaican Rasta Pasta
Linguine with White Clam-ish Sauce
Rotini and Asparagus with Springtime Pesto
Creamy Sesame Soba Stir-Fry
Fire and Ice Sesame Noodles
Banh-Mi Noodles
Ziti with Creamy Radicchio Sauce
Fusilli and Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Artichokes
Rotini with Smoky Chickpeas and Cauliflower
Pad Thai Primavera
Lemon-Dijon Pasta Shells with Zucchini
Pumpkin Sauced Penne with Crispy Kale
Miang Kham Angel Hair and Watercress
Spaghetti with Cremini Bolognese Sauce
Rotini with Broccoli and Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Farfalle with Madeira Mushrooms
Penne and Cannellini Beans with Fennel and Olives
Pumpkin Mac Uncheese

Meal-Worthy Sandwiches

Sloppy Jacks
Seitan Shawarmas
Sriracha Eggless Salad Sandwiches with Avocado
Curried Chickpea Pitas
Pan Seared Portobellos on Toast
Philly Uncheesesteaks
Taste of the Chickpea Sandwiches
Hoppin' John Po'Boys
Beans and Greens Burritos
Tonkatsu Tacos
Burgers with the Works
Smoky Tofu Caesar Wraps
Artichoke, White Bean and Green Olive Quesadillas
Super Salad Warps with Red Pepper-White Bean Spread
Veracruz Tacos
Mediterranean Portobello Wraps with Peperoncini Spread

Chapter 7: "Pantry Makes Perfect" Recipes

Three-Bean Pantry Chilli
Pantry Paella
Perfect Pantry Pasta
Artichoke Walnut Couscous
"Quiche"
Antipasto Tart
Pantry Burgers
Curried Red Bean and Pumpkin Soup
Pantry Corn Bread
Pantry Pumpkin Bread
Pantry Black Forest Cake

Chapter 8: From the Oven

Pretzel-Topped Mustard Mac Uncheese
Blushing Baked Ziti
Falafel Stuffed Portobellos with Tahini Sauce
Bajan Macaroni Pie
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas
Red Bean Loaf with Barbecue Glaze
Mediterranean Vegetable Strudel
Migas-Inspired Frittata
Three-Tomato Pizza
White Pizza with Artichoke-Arugula Pesto
Scottish Oaf Loaf
Mac and Queso Salsa
White Bean and Butternut Scalloped Potatoes
Mediterranean Polenta Pie
Black Bean-Quinoa Loaf

Chapter 9: Quick-Fix Desserts

Pina Colada Balls
Date Pecan Bars
Happy Oatmeal Cookies
Apricot-Chocolate Truffles
Cherry-Chocolate Pie Balls
Berry Fool-ish
Butterscotch Figgy Bites
Baklava Palmiers
Raspberry Zabaglione
Dessert Chips and Fresh Fruit Salsa
Blueberry Chocolate Trail Mix Bark
Chocolate-Roasted Strawberries with Almond Butter Cream
Peach Melba Crisp
"Fruidetes" with Coconut Pineapple Dip
Avocado Mousse with Raspberries
Mango Fried Rice Pudding
Pumpkin Brownies
Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
My Thai Sundaes with Green Tea Syrup
Chocolate Chip-Cherry Ice Cream

I typed all this by hand so there may be omissions or typos, but I hope it's helpful.


This all sounds really good. However, with Robinson I find that the idea of her dishes are more appealing than the actual dishes. I think her food is a bit under-spiced for me. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really want to like her stuff more because it sounds so good but I guess needs tweaking for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3459
Location: Nashville, TN
Iselia wrote:

This all sounds really good. However, with Robinson I find that the idea of her dishes are more appealing than the actual dishes. I think her food is a bit under-spiced for me. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really want to like her stuff more because it sounds so good but I guess needs tweaking for me.


I find this more with the slow cooker books than the rest, but a pretty simple fix is just adjusting spice levels to taste. I do this with her stuff more than with others'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:29 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Chicago, IL
Anyone try the bowls yet? I might get the book if there are good reviews on the bowls here!

_________________
“Don’t do nothing because you can’t do everything. Do something. Anything.” - Colleen Patrick-Goudreau


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3459
Location: Nashville, TN
They're pretty different from Isa bowls, which are usually grain, vegetable, protein, sauce. I haven't made any yet, but some are just things that I'd consider like "one pot meals" or sandwiches that she's deconstructed so you eat the bread on the side? They still look good though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:44 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Chicago, IL
Ah, thanks for the clarification, creep. I was hoping for more Isa-style bowl recipes. The Robertson bowl recipes do sound good though!

_________________
“Don’t do nothing because you can’t do everything. Do something. Anything.” - Colleen Patrick-Goudreau


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 am
Posts: 232
The book looks great. The only caveat for the 30 minute time frame is that she calls for cooked grains... because you aren't eating a bowl with brown rice in 30 minutes.

Anyways, I made Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas already and it was great. Easy, quick and delicious. I look forward to making more!

_________________
http://tastespace.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 am
Posts: 1805
Location: Southern United States
creep wrote:
I love some of Robin's books and am indifferent to others. I have Quick Fix Vegetarian and don't really use it, but I don't have Quick Fix Vegan and wasn't interested in this one until I saw that table of contents. Just ordered it this morning.


quick fix vegetarian has super weird recipes in it-- and you know how that sounds coming from a vegan! ha! the quick fix vegan (original) is actually really good.

_________________
"....but I finally found block tempeh a few weeks ago with the intent to give it my virginity." -Moon

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:09 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 430
saveur wrote:
The book looks great. The only caveat for the 30 minute time frame is that she calls for cooked grains... because you aren't eating a bowl with brown rice in 30 minutes.


Her "Quick Fix" recipes usually take me around 45 minutes anyway, but I'm a slow cook. So I suppose I can put some brown rice in the rice cooker and have it ready by the end. Sometimes I buy it frozen, though -- especially if a quick recipe calls for it to be used partway through.

I did notice that the ingredient lists are longer in some of the recipes in this cookbook than they generally are in the previous Quick Fix cookbooks. I wonder if that will translate into longer cooking times? I hope not.

saveur wrote:
Anyways, I made Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas already and it was great. Easy, quick and delicious. I look forward to making more!


Thanks so much for reporting on the recipe! I am hoping for more comments on the recipes in this thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:37 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am
Posts: 246
Location: Quebec, Canada
The Mexi-Cali Quinoa Bowls with Pintos and Corn are healthy, varied, colorful and good! I made them with an omni and we both liked the result.

_________________
Château Imaginaire
Make-Believe Castle


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:49 am 
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 4939
Ohhh...I have to pick up this book. I'm all about quick fix cookbooks lately.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:15 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm
Posts: 148
Location: Memphis
Even though I just bought Vegan on the Cheap a few weeks ago, I caved and ordered this one. The recipe listing was just too tempting! I've already got my menu planned for this week, but plan to add this book in rotation very soon.

_________________
Goodreads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: More Quick Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:20 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 am
Posts: 232
I made a few subs but I really liked the Manchurian Chickpea Bowl. In fact, I was worried the chickpeas would be weird but they were great.

_________________
http://tastespace.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gingerlime, Zula and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer