| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Veganomicon
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Made the pumpkin crumb cake last night while testing pumpkin dessert recipes for a competition next week. WOW, it is so good! Beat everything else I made by a million miles. I don't think I would've made this except for the contest (not a big cake fan) so I'm glad it's in my repertoire now!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:49 pm 
Nailed to the V

couroupita wrote:
Made the pumpkin crumb cake last night while testing pumpkin dessert recipes for a competition next week. WOW, it is so good! Beat everything else I made by a million miles. I don't think I would've made this except for the contest (not a big cake fan) so I'm glad it's in my repertoire now!

Good to know; thanks. I'm expecting out-of-town guests next weekend and I had my eye on this cake to make for them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:21 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

couroupita wrote:

I've been wanting to try something I haven't done with pumpkin before and this sounds great! I made the Tomato & Roasted Eggplant Stew with Chickpeas last night, along with the Soft Poppy-Seed Polenta to celebrate the end of the Summer veggies. Oh my, I really wish I didn't have to wait another year to have this, it was delicious! I had made the polenta before and thought it was way too mushy & needed a longer cooking time (hence the word soft in the title- duh), but it went with perfectly with the chunky, somewhat dry stew. I couldn't gobble it down fast enough!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:06 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I love Veganomicon so much. It is still my favourite cookbook.

I think I will make the tempeh sushi, chickpea cutlets with mustard sauce, and creamy tomato soup before I go away for a week. I love cooking with the Veganomicon! It's like an old friend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:35 am 
Nailed to the V

Oh wow, that pumpkin coffee cake might be my new favorite coffee cake! Soooo good! I didn't have pecans for the topping so I used walnuts instead. Addictive stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:20 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

beethecookie wrote:
Oh wow, that pumpkin coffee cake might be my new favorite coffee cake! Soooo good! I didn't have pecans for the topping so I used walnuts instead. Addictive stuff.

couroupita wrote:

Thanx (yet again!) for the inspiration: never even noticed this recipe (probably because I was looking thru the desserts at a non-standard-pumpkin-y time of year), and is it ever AMAZING. So moist, so decadent - perfect crumb. Had to sub fresh minced ginger for the powdered (ran out/couldn't find at TJs), and I had only blackstrap molasses (not light), so I used 6 scant tbsp instead of 6 full tbsp. Sweetness level is just fabulous against the spices.

Teachers at school luncheon shall be very happy today! And... I'm bringing this with me to the omni family's Tgiving a few hours away. They shall be blown away!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I making a lot of things from Vconn for thanksgiving, some of which i haven't made before. Has anyone made the sweet potato and pear tzimmes or the caramelized onion and butternut roast with chestnuts? Would they be pleasing for omnis? I am also making the pumpkin baked ziti, which i have made before and know is a winner. And the autumn root salad with warm maple-fig dressing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've made the caramelized onion and butternut roast with chestnuts and I think it would be a huge hit with omnis. It's so delicious and nothing weird about it. Plus the chestnuts make it special.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:49 pm 
Nailed to the V

I've made the tzimmes a bunch of times. I see no reason why omnis wouldn't like it (them?). It's a nice roasted vegetable side with a little something extra from the pears and nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:35 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Awesome! Most of my family is pretty accepting of vegetables. Would either of those dishes be okay if i make them the day before? There will a turkey in the oven (the only non-veg thing on our table, yay!) so i want to be able to prep things as much as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think the casserole would be fine if you made it before but it's been a while!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:55 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I think I'm going to make that pumpkin crumb cake for Thanksgiving. I want something easy and it looks delicious.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:22 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

ashley wrote:
I think I'm going to make that pumpkin crumb cake for Thanksgiving. I want something easy and it looks delicious.

It is very, very, very good. My younger brother, who hates everything vegan, eats half the damn cake every time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:42 pm 
Nailed to the V

Iselia wrote:
ashley wrote:

It is very, very, very good. My younger brother, who hates everything vegan, eats half the damn cake every time.

My husband hates pumpkin sweets and he devoured half the cake too!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:05 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Well, that plan got ruined when I found out my omni aunt is making a pumpkin roll. Damn it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:43 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I made the Pumpkin cake a few weeks ago based on the rec and everyone's right, it was fantastic!

Last night I made the Rosemary Focaccia with some added Sage. I brushed soymilk on top instead of oil and while it was unlike any other focaccia I've ever had, i.e. super-oily & crusty; I grew to really like it. It was crisp on the outside and super soft and light on the inside. My mom thought it was the best she'd ever had. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:00 pm 
Nailed to the V

Zula wrote:
I made the Pumpkin cake a few weeks ago based on the rec and everyone's right, it was fantastic!

Last night I made the Rosemary Focaccia with some added Sage. I brushed soymilk on top instead of oil and while it was unlike any other focaccia I've ever had, i.e. super-oily & crusty; I grew to really like it. It was crisp on the outside and super soft and light on the inside. My mom thought it was the best she'd ever had. :)

Glad you liked the pumpkin coffee cake! It's a new family favorite here too.

Today I made the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. I split the dough in half and added vegan butterscotch chips to one half, and raisins to the other. I do this every time I make oatmeal cookies; it's like tradition. Anyway, they turned out awesome! Perfectly puffy and soft with crisp edges.

I made the Sun Dried Tomato Dip from the book too, but I haven't had a chance to try it properly yet. I can report back when I do!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:05 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

The sun dried tomato dip is really good! I've had a few people ask me for the recipe.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:51 pm 

My mum told me the other day that she "finally bought Veggie-min-non-cahn."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:32 am 
Nailed to the V

vijita wrote:
My mum told me the other day that she "finally bought Veggie-min-non-cahn."

That's so cute! I hope she loves it as much as the rest of us do!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 pm 

She does! She always borrows mine and gets mad when I don't bring it over the holidays, even though most of the recipes we need are online and it's kind of a bisque to haul around with a carry-on bag.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:56 pm 
Semen Strong

Lower Fat Chocolate Bundt. OMG so good.

I got the Nordicware bundt pan that Garrick bought a few years ago, because when I saw it, I lusted after it hardcore for about a year before having B get it for me for Christmas.

It was simple enough that Leela is convinced that she made it herself and she is SO proud.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

That cake looks great, Leela!

…And Tofulish. ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:40 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I made the Rumnog cookies this week, minus the icing. I was planning on serving them to my side of the family on Christmas Eve and then taking the leftovers to my in-laws on Christmas Day. There were no leftovers after Christmas Eve.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I made the pine nut and aubergine moussaka for dinner last night (and lunch today, and probably dinner again tonight!) but without courgette because I didn't have any, and it was delicious! I haven't made moussaka since going vegan, so I was really happy to try this recipe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next