| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Edible.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:07 am 
Tofu Pup

Edible: plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free, naturally sweetened wholefoods.

strict vegan
cane sugar free
easy to digest
436 pages, 200+ recipes
referenced to journal articles
nutritional

Made by yours truly! Being printed on mass as I type. Help me out with the kickstarter if you feel so inclined. :)

[youtube]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1054943086/edible-the-book[/youtube]

Post subject: Re: Edible.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:35 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

good luck!

p.s. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/en%20masse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

If you don't mind me asking, why such a high funding goal? I've contributed to quite a few book kickstarters, and even the full-color art photography books or multi-volume sets from trusted publishers have had significantly smaller goals. This seems unusually high for a first book, especially with the cheapest physical reward being about $80 USD for anyone outside Australia.

(It kinda sucks that non-US projects tend to struggle so much on Kickstarter, but Americans spend more on Kickstarter than any other country by an order of magnitude, and the high rate of overseas shipping on physical rewards doesn't help.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I'm also confused about what the money is going to be used for. Your description of that is a bit confusing. As it stands, it sounds like you took on a project that turned out to be larger than you anticipated, took on expenses you can't pay for, and are now asking for help, which is totally understandable, I suppose, but doesn't make me feel all that inspired to chip in for your costs. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong?

The book sounds interesting, and I like that you're including references to journals, etc. but I think you'd benefit from clarifying your project somewhat.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:59 pm 
Tofu Pup

supercarrot wrote:

lol. the writer being corrected on her colloquialisms. #facepalm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey guys,

The books are being offset printed in Asia. The cost for 2500 books is 18500. I've paid the deposit (5280) and the kickstarter is for the remaining balance. I have added that question to the FAQs to clarify it for anyone else who is wondering.

About the rewards for overseas, yeah, it's a bummer. The books will be available through Amazon at a later date with free shipping. For now, international options include gloating rights, a youtube video dedicated to them, or a book, with $40 postage. I'm working on putting together a condensed digital version- the file is a bit unreadable as a PDF, as the book is basically a food encyclopedia.

Thanks for your feedback!