| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 pm 
Saggy Butt

Just made the Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles, and although they didn't come out crinkly like the recipe called for in the instructions, they're super good nonetheless and have that crunchy exterior and soft middle!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:45 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

So I've made the old-fashioned pie plate shortbread like a billion times and it's been perfect. But last time, the dough was just soft and moist and not crumbly at all, and the finished product was just OK.

I tried it again today, thinking I'd just add more flour if it came out the same way - which it did. I added quite a bit of flour, but the texture didn't change much; the dough started to taste really floury so I chucked it in the oven and am hoping for the best. Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong? I followed the directions exactly, no substitutions. Maybe adding flour isn't the way to solve that problem?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:01 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

So I'm baking a bunch of cookies for work and I decided to try the Deluxe Cocoa Brownie recipe (knowing my normal brownie recipe wouldn't keep well or transport well since they're pretty fudgey and gooey) and does anyone else find them....spongy? The flavor is great, but the texture is unsettling. Not bad, per se, but not brownie. Yet not cake. And...it's weird. It's like, for the first time in my life, I can taste the tofu.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

elizabee wrote:
So I've made the old-fashioned pie plate shortbread like a billion times and it's been perfect. But last time, the dough was just soft and moist and not crumbly at all, and the finished product was just OK.

I tried it again today, thinking I'd just add more flour if it came out the same way - which it did. I added quite a bit of flour, but the texture didn't change much; the dough started to taste really floury so I chucked it in the oven and am hoping for the best. Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong? I followed the directions exactly, no substitutions. Maybe adding flour isn't the way to solve that problem?

Are you using the same fat as before? Sounds like it might have more moisture than before? I'm too lazy to get the book from downstairs but I assume it uses some margarine, maybe they changed the recipe or it was just a batch with more liquid, could try subbing a proportion of more solid fat like shortening or coconut oil?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:37 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can the margarine in the espresso fudge brownies be replaced with oil? I don't tend to use EB so I don't want to buy a whole tub just to make brownies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:15 am 
Huffs Nooch

I finally made the almond cherry cookies. OMG I love them. I actually bought the cherries and almond to make biscotti but needed something fast the other day. We gobbled these ones up and I already ran out to buy more dried cherries. So good. They come together quickly. I did skip the almond extract as I think it over powers anything you put in it. So I always skip it (and maple extract - ick).

Post subject: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

Or to give it its full title: 500 vegan recipes: an amazing variety of delcious recipes, from chillis and casseroles to crumbles, crisps and cookies. I couldnt find a thread about this book anywhere even though its out a few years. I got it out from the library and although I havent made anything from it yet it seems to have some interesting recipes. Does anyone have this book, and if you do are there any recipes you recommend?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:47 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Jacksonhew wrote:
Or to give it its full title: 500 vegan recipes: an amazing variety of delcious recipes, from chillis and casseroles to crumbles, crisps and cookies. I couldnt find a thread about this book anywhere even though its out a few years. I got it out from the library and although I havent made anything from it yet it seems to have some interesting recipes. Does anyone have this book, and if you do are there any recipes you recommend?

I don't think you meant to post your question in this thread, but here is a thread about 500 Vegan Recipes: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3758&hilit=500+vegan+recipes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:54 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I bought this book as a last minute hurrah before going back to work for the school year. The Peanut Butter Criss-crosses are hands down the best peanut butter cookies I've ever made! They're small and mighty and we've mowed through two batches.

I'm never going to be skinny, but that's okay because cookies.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:40 am 
Nailed to the V

I made the chocolate cut-out cookies to bring to a party. I tried cutting them out into shapes, but they wouldn't really hold shape cause the dough was too soft. (Even after the dough being in the fridge overnight) I ended up just making them rounds, and even then they stayed super soft and chewy, and never got crispy. They were yum...but super soft. Best way I can put it...someone came up to me at the party and said "wow it's so cool that you made cookies that taste and feel like brownies!" as long as they were tasty I guess.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24