| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:51 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I made all my holiday cookies from this book, I made the fig bars, the fruitcake bars, the coconut macaroons, the cranberry-filled thumbprints, and the chocolate peanut butter pillows. All were good, but my favorite was easily the pillows.

Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar -- Choco PB Pillows
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

disneyfav4ever wrote:
I made all my holiday cookies from this book, I made the fig bars, the fruitcake bars, the coconut macaroons, the cranberry-filled thumbprints, and the chocolate peanut butter pillows. All were good, but my favorite was easily the pillows.

I'm thinking of making the choco pb pillows, but it would be with Jif creamy pb. Ya think this would be ok?

Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar -- Choco PB Pillows
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:00 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

lionandlamb wrote:
disneyfav4ever wrote:

I'm thinking of making the choco pb pillows, but it would be with Jif creamy pb. Ya think this would be ok?

I only used store brand PB, and they turned out fine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 pm 
Tofu Pup

SandyBadlands wrote:
I also really love the gingerbread biscotti, grapefruit icebox cookies, chocolate chip chai spice shortbread, and tahini lime cookies.

I ditto your sentiment... I really love the gingerbread biscotti and chocolate chip chai spice shortbread!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:49 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

The kids want to make the peanut butter criss crosses. Can I use regular oil instead of the shortening and what about using blackstrap molasses? It says to not use blackstrap.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:44 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

MelanieC wrote:
The kids want to make the peanut butter criss crosses. Can I use regular oil instead of the shortening and what about using blackstrap molasses? It says to not use blackstrap.

I think the shortening will give them the specific texture that is desired for these cookies, so I don't think oil would really work. They're kind of like shortbread cookies I think. And blackstrap molasses probably have too strong a flavour that will overwhelm the peanut butter flavour. Regular molasses is definitely best!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I just made the basic chocolate chip cookies for the second time, and both times I haven't ended up with a stiff dough like the recipe says I will. It's almost like a really sticky muffin batter, even after I add more flour. I've just sort of been dropping spoons of dough/batter onto a baking tray and they've worked fine, but both times they came out completely different- the first time they were puffy, this time they're really thin, like Subway cookies.

They've tasted awesome both times, but I'm just wondering whether this has happened for anyone else and what the deal is. Could it be a climate/heat thing? Both times I've made them have been pretty recent, so in summer. It's not hot today but maybe my kitchen was just warmer than I realised.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Erinnerung wrote:
So I just made the basic chocolate chip cookies for the second time, and both times I haven't ended up with a stiff dough like the recipe says I will. It's almost like a really sticky muffin batter, even after I add more flour. I've just sort of been dropping spoons of dough/batter onto a baking tray and they've worked fine, but both times they came out completely different- the first time they were puffy, this time they're really thin, like Subway cookies.

They've tasted awesome both times, but I'm just wondering whether this has happened for anyone else and what the deal is. Could it be a climate/heat thing? Both times I've made them have been pretty recent, so in summer. It's not hot today but maybe my kitchen was just warmer than I realised.

If it's oily dough, I had the same problem—I just reduce the oil to 1/2 cup and the recipe turns out perfect. But sticky muffin batter dough...I got nothing. Maybe the choice of nondairy milk would make a difference?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:50 pm 
Saggy Butt

Erinnerung wrote:

Are you just trying to emphasize that it's summer over with you in Australia and cold, gloomy winter with everyone else! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I am planning to make the Lazy Somoas for the Golden Globes tomorrow. Because I have a Nook, I can't tell what the measurement is for the coconut oil and the nondairy milk. If someone could let me know I would really appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

1/3 cup for both

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:22 pm 

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
1/3 cup for both

Thank you!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:25 pm 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

We made sugar cookies last night!

We made the dough daaays ago, but couldn't bake the cookies until last night (the dough freezes well!).
We chose lemon as our optional extract and the cookies turned out perfectly buttery, lemony and sweet : D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:46 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

andi_vert wrote:

Those are the best cookie cutters ever!!! Where did you get them?

I got VCIYCJ for Christmas and so far I've made the coffeehouse hermits, the rolled chocolate cookies, and the peanut butter blondies. The hermits wound up as cake due to the typo, but it was still super tasty :) My chocolate cookies also turned out a bit oily / unrolly but still delicious. And the pb blondies... holy. shiitake. So unbelievably delicious!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:08 am 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

zaqette wrote:
andi_vert wrote:

Those are the best cookie cutters ever!!! Where did you get them?

Williams-Sonoma : D!

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products ... cake-molds

They look awesome decorated, but I prefer my sugar cookies naked : p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 am 

I am impressed with the sugar cookies you made! I saw those cookie cutters and was tempted to get them. But I didn't think they'd come out so well!

I made the cheesecake brownies yesterday - yum!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:36 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

This was part of my christmas gift from guy-I-am-dating.

That means I'm supposed to bake him cookies, right? Hrmph.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Whoa! Made the spiced sweet potato bars w/more sweet potato, less fat, less sugar, and the omni friend & veg friend just ate the entire pan!! In about an hour!! And I had cut it into tiny bits like fudge. So it was munch, pass, munch, pass back, munch, and so on.
Btw, made it w/out chocolate chips.
Make it! You won't be sorry!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Holy crepe. I just made the espresso fudge brownies but did the mint variation because I had no espresso powder. WHOA. they are awesome. crispy top and everything.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:48 am 
Ninja Master

I made the rocky roads again last friday. Everyone loves those cookies, i get lots of requests for them. They are amazing.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I made the pie plate shortbread, but added orange extract, orange zest, and chopped rosemary, and it turned out VERY well!! Took it to game night where it was horfed by three omnis and veganismbot and myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Orange + rosemary, lovely!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Mmm, orange rosemary. Gotta write that down...

I made the cranberry-walnut thumbprint cookies the other day... but with marionberry jam. And a mixture of walnuts and almonds.

The cookies were PHENOMENAL. I'm not joking when I say I've wanted to know how to make that sort of cookie since my age was in double digits. I don't know why it took me this long. But... I'm glad I waited for the right recipe. Oooh, yeah.

I ended up with a ton of leftover nuts, though. The recipe says 1 1/4 c chopped walnuts, and I had 1c of chopped walnuts and almonds mixed together, and I only used maybe half of them. What?

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 am 
Saggy Butt

Terry wrote:
Orange + rosemary, lovely!

Love that citrus and rosemary combo- I made this cake recently which was simply divine!
http://www.thegluttonousvegan.com/2009/ ... -cake.html

I bet lavender would be good in that shortbread too....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:04 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

holy crepe. I made the peanut butter blondies last night for the first time. I don't know what the hell took me so long to make them, so good!

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next