| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Those peanut butter chocolate pillows may just be the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. I made them for the first time last night and my omni friends LOVED them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I made the rice crispy treats and I'm just wondering if anybody really ever leaves them in only 9 pieces. Those must be monstrous! I cut mine in 16 and they're still good size. No matter the size, they are delish.

And I've just made (my gf version) of the choc chips again because they are my bff's favorite and we're having a slumber party/bridal shower for her tonight :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:03 pm 
Saggy Butt

zelavie wrote:
I made the peanut butter chocolate pillows to take to work. I made them half-size, so there were 48 cookies. My office of 12 omnis completely devoured them in a single day, and as an added bonus I got to talk about vegan foods with several co-workers! One is completely intrigued and has asked that I bring some cookbooks for her to look at. Love when food opens doors! (Also when it's ridiculously delicious!)

Yay! Love hearing success stories :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm 
Nooch of Earl

deearess wrote:
I made the rice crispy treats and I'm just wondering if anybody really ever leaves them in only 9 pieces. Those must be monstrous! I cut mine in 16 and they're still good size. No matter the size, they are delish.

Actually I usually cut rice krispie treats into about 9 pieces for an 8" pan but then I grab a couple of them to eat... I'M NOT ON TRIAL HERE.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:51 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I made three batches of the chocolate chip cookies today, and they are ALL gone! I only ate two (plus several bites of the dough :) ) and the rest got gobbled up by some co-workers at work training today plus a bunch of my friends while drinking tonight. Everyone loves vegan cookies!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:05 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I just made the PB Blondies and have a question about texture. I baked them (at proper temp....I have an oven thermometer) for 25 min and the outside had that crisp/dark look about it, but the middle was very soft. The recipe states that the middle being soft was fine and to let them cool completely before cutting and serving. After they cooled, I cut into them and while the outside pieces appear done, the middle is more of a thick batter consistency rather than a baked good consistency. SO my question is...what are they SUPPOSED to be like texture wise? I don't think I've ever made or had a blondie before and while these taste good, the texture bothers me. The internet says brownie like in texture, but my blondies are def not like brownies. My partner even commented that the middle didn't seem quite done even though they were tasty. I didn't want to over bake them and cause the edges to turn to rocks. Help?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:33 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

maybe bake them at a lower temperature, but longer?

when i made them, they were super fudgy and less cakey than every brownie i made so far, but i wouldn't describe the middle as having thick batter consistency.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Re: the chocolate peanut butter pillows - is the chocolate dough soft and chewy like it looks in the picture? I'm thinking of trying to deglutenize them and I want to choose the right flour mix.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yes, they're chewy. And delicious.

I made the basic chocolate chip for the first time last night and my omni best friend (and chocolate chip cookie connoisseur) is now a believer in vegan baking. I didn't have tapoica flour so I subbed cornstarch and it worked fine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:36 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

micachia do you have an oven thermometer? There's a chance that your oven's running at the wrong temp.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

micachica wrote:
I just made the PB Blondies and have a question about texture. I baked them (at proper temp....I have an oven thermometer) for 25 min and the outside had that crisp/dark look about it, but the middle was very soft. The recipe states that the middle being soft was fine and to let them cool completely before cutting and serving. After they cooled, I cut into them and while the outside pieces appear done, the middle is more of a thick batter consistency rather than a baked good consistency. SO my question is...what are they SUPPOSED to be like texture wise? I don't think I've ever made or had a blondie before and while these taste good, the texture bothers me. The internet says brownie like in texture, but my blondies are def not like brownies. My partner even commented that the middle didn't seem quite done even though they were tasty. I didn't want to over bake them and cause the edges to turn to rocks. Help?

This happened to me yesterday. I do have a thermometer and it appears that my oven is running at the correct temp; however, I baked mine in a stoneware baking dish and not in a metal one, which is what the recipe called for. What kind of pan did you use? I'm wondering if it can really make that much of a difference.

Although, it doesn't really bother me at all, I'm enjoying them none the less ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:06 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I do have an over thermometer. Oven was at correct temp. I used a glass 8x8 baking dish. They were totally edible and yummy, just a crazy weird thick batter consistency instead of a cooked brownie-esque texture like the google search i did said blondies should be like when they are cooked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Has anyone made the Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows without the maple syrup? I plan to make these but I'm almost out of maple syrup. I'll go buy some if I have to, but would they turn out ok if I replace the maple syrup with more sugar?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I made the peanut butter chocolate pillows a few weeks ago and they were nothing short of amazing! I also made the crispy rice squares to send to a friend and I only kept a few and I should have kept them all. They were so, so good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:45 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

pepperpot wrote:
Has anyone made the Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows without the maple syrup? I plan to make these but I'm almost out of maple syrup. I'll go buy some if I have to, but would they turn out ok if I replace the maple syrup with more sugar?

i haven't, but i think it'd be fine. you might need to add a little extra soymilk if the dough is too dry. or you could use agave or brown rice syrup.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I made the Pumpkin Pie Brownies tonight and OMG. So good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

ijustdiedinside wrote:
pepperpot wrote:

i haven't, but i think it'd be fine. you might need to add a little extra soymilk if the dough is too dry. or you could use agave or brown rice syrup.

Thanks! I'm baking tomorrow, so I'll give it a try!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:13 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I made the fig bars today to use up some weird tasting white figs. Holy omg they are amazing. I added ceylon cinnamon, ginger, and lemon zest to the figs and lemon extract in the dough. I'll be amazed if they make it three days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:59 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Mexican chocolate snickerdoodles==total win. I'm mailing half of them away so I don't consume the entire batch in the next 24 hours. Mmm.

Also recently made fruity oaty bars (too dry. Might try again and add some applesauce or something.) and whatever those carrot cookies are called (stuck to greased pan but delicious. Will use parchment paper next time.).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:51 pm 
Nailed to the V

I made the chocolate chip cookies for my neighbors the day they moved in. They and their friends/moving crew ate them and thought they were the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Everyone was really surprised when they heard they were vegan! Ha!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I made the choc chip chai shortbread and PB chocolate pillows for a work morning tea/meeting. People have agreed that our next meeting should to be an instructional 'how to make PB pillows' cooking class. And my manager keeps finding excuses to leave his office and wander over to my desk to eat the leftovers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Why oh why have I waited so long to make the PB pillows? I made them last night and they are almost all gone....my housemates were all exclaiming "best cookies everrrr!" So. Yummy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Enjoy life now makes a chocolate chunk, so i made the chocolate chip cookies bigger (16 instead of 24) and with chocolate chunks for maximum chocolate goodness.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

recently made the chocolate crinkles, and they are some of my faves ever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

allychristine wrote:
recently made the chocolate crinkles, and they are some of my faves ever

Yes! We made these tonight and I couldn't believe how good they are. I never really cared for that kind of cookie pre-vegan and wouldn't have picked that recipe, but my husband wanted to try them out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next