| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:46 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Wish I'd thought to take pictures, but I made treat boxes for my husband's team at work and from VCIYCJ did the Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodles, citrus glitters, and blackstrap ginger snaps (made with regular molasses).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:35 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I made the deluxe chocolate brownies for my neighbours when I went round for dinner last night (with added chocolate chips) and they went down a storm! Definitely the best and most omni-friendly vegan brownie recipe I've made so far.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:38 pm 
Nailed to the V

I (finally) made the chocolate peanut butter pillows. The only thing I changed from the recipe was reducing the oil from 1/2c to 1/3c. When I was putting them together the dough was perfectly moist and it all seemed good. They came out of the oven and were awesome. I put them in an airtight container as soon as they cooled. By the next morning they tasted totally stale and were crumbly dry messes! So sad. I don't know what went wrong, but I don't think I'll be making them again unless they'll all be eaten the same day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:07 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

masuphl wrote:
I (finally) made the chocolate peanut butter pillows. The only thing I changed from the recipe was reducing the oil from 1/2c to 1/3c. When I was putting them together the dough was perfectly moist and it all seemed good. They came out of the oven and were awesome. I put them in an airtight container as soon as they cooled. By the next morning they tasted totally stale and were crumbly dry messes! So sad. I don't know what went wrong, but I don't think I'll be making them again unless they'll all be eaten the same day.

Is that something that could be caused by reducing the oil? I've never made these cookies. If you are reading this and you made them with the full amount of oil, how long did they last?

This is one of the recipes that I've planned to try out to give people, so they need to last more than one night for that.

I'm sorry your cookies went stale, masuphl. That's so disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:20 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

masuphl wrote:

I've made them with full oil and they were good for several days.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:28 pm 
Nailed to the V

That's helpful, thanks. I have reduced the oil in other recipes from this book without issue, so I will make a note in the book not to do that for these. Luckily they weren't for Christmas Eve, just for a friend who was happy to warm them in the microwave so they were soft again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:52 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Cowboy cookies - they're full of stuff everyone loves! Recipe came out perfect, two dozen giant cookies. I toasted the pecans AND shredded coconut beforehand and that really brought out a fantastic nutty flavor.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:41 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I made the brownies last night, the ones with tofu in them. Just too darn good. I ate about 1/3 of the recipe last night and then 3 squares with my breakfast this morning. I'm going to consider them healthy since there is tofu in them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Early this morning I made City Girl Snickerdoodles and some Mocha Mamas ...

By the time my husband woke they were cooling / cool on the rack ... the 4 dozen complete aside from the

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:56 am 
Not NOT A Furry

teacup wrote:
Early this morning I made City Girl Snickerdoodles and some Mocha Mamas ...

By the time my husband woke they were cooling / cool on the rack ... the 4 dozen complete aside from the

argh ... I hit 'send' by oops ... complete aside from the quality check two I had scarfed ... my husband ate one of each after his breakfast & has gone into his office to work in peace with half a dozen ... he claims he is going to share them with his bro ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I made thr hazelnut fudge samdwich cookies. I am considering cancelling our guests tomorrow so I won't have to share. So good!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:14 am 
Tofu Pup

I made the espresso chip oatmeal cookies and they were a semi-disaster. The dough was way too loose. But I baked them anyways. Spread far too much, so I threw out the already portioned second sheet. The baked splats were tasty though, next time a little more flour.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 am 
Bathes in Braggs

i made the sell your soul pumpkin cookies today. they are actually that good. like a punch of pumpkin pie in a few bites <3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I made the Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles this week. Fantastic!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22