| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A VPITS cheesecake question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Pregan, I used to love making this:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-choc ... heesecake/

I really hate fake cream cheese so I haven't bothered before, but after my smashing success with the blueberry cheesecake I think it may be on my list for the near future. I think I could pretty much sub white chocolate in for the chocolate Kahlua variation with minimal adjustments.

The only thing I am hesitant about is that all of the recipes have a fair amount of flavored ingredients and I don't know if that is just to be awesome and creative or because the cashew/banana/tofu mixture has too pronounced of a flavor to make a mildly flavored cake.

Has anyone made alterations like this or did anything come up in testing that would provide me clues before I take the plunge? I'm in no hurry to do this but want to research first.

Post subject: Re: A VPITS cheesecake question
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:01 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

bekki wrote:
Pregan, I used to love making this:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-choc ... heesecake/

I really hate fake cream cheese so I haven't bothered before, but after my smashing success with the blueberry cheesecake I think it may be on my list for the near future. I think I could pretty much sub white chocolate in for the chocolate Kahlua variation with minimal adjustments.

The only thing I am hesitant about is that all of the recipes have a fair amount of flavored ingredients and I don't know if that is just to be awesome and creative or because the cashew/banana/tofu mixture has too pronounced of a flavor to make a mildly flavored cake.

Has anyone made alterations like this or did anything come up in testing that would provide me clues before I take the plunge? I'm in no hurry to do this but want to research first.

I am not a fan of the fake cream cheese either, that's why I was so drawn to VPITS in the first place. I knew I could count on Isa and Terry to steer me in the right direction!

The recipes are pretty bold with flavor but I think that's just to be awesome! I've made the Galaxy cheesecake twice, once with walnuts and once with almonds in place of the cashews, but that's an awfully banana heavy recipe. If you have someone who isn't a fan of bananas I'm but I'm sure you could always try a different fruit puree. The recipes are pretty forgiving to experimentation in my experiences.

Give some of her recipes a shot, maybe even half recipes if you've got mini springform pans. You never know until you give it a shot! =D