| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Eat to Live
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:40 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Okay, still sticking with my modified E2L, aka "smoothie for breakfast (fruit only, no protein), salad with 1+ cup of beans for lunch, grain + beans + veggies for dinner. super low salt, almost no added oil.

It was fine. And then I made a batch of vegan rice krispie treats.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have been too depressed to cook much lately the last few months. I'm planning to get back to cooking and eating actual vegetables by doing a modified ETL like you appifanie starting this week (YAY summer vacation!). Smoothie, salad with beans, and soup or steamed veggies with protein for dinner. I am not interested in cutting out coffee or salt but I'm going to do no added oil.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:19 pm 
Semen Strong

I'm sorry you're depressed Butternut. It so hard to eat well when you feel like you're struggling. Sending good thoughts.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I really need to lose some weight, and the quickest success I've had in the last 10-ish years was by doing ETL. I know myself well enough to know that going full-on right away won't stick, so I'm going to ease in this time. First step: eliminate added sugar. Work on easing up on the salt (which will be the hardest part, because I LOVE salty everything). And go from there.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:43 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

This thread is inspiring me to have an E2L summer too! Appifane, I love your meal planning template.

I'm going to experiment with having a smoothie every morning, especially vegetable smoothies. The Blender Girl's spicy gazpacho grab (http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipe ... n_smoothie) is amazing, and it makes good use of summer produce. I find that savory smoothies fill me up and satisfy me more than fruit smoothies, even though I do love me some fruit smoothies.

Need to get back in the habit of giant lunch salads. I am going to experiment with some yummy dressings - that always makes me excited about salad.

Will try to do some sort of soup or veg/bean/grain for dinners. It's a bit hot for soups, but they're so easy to make, and I never want to cook in the summer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5