For some reason, I can't find a thread on Colleen Patrick Goudreau's Vegan Table, so I'll start one here! Favorite recipes? Just bought this book (as well as Color Me Vegan).
I can't get over how outstanding these recipes are. I have a feeling I'll be making everything in this book!
Things I've made so far:
- Marvelous Mushroom Risotto - AMAZING. I used a mix of wild mushrooms from the farmer's market, and the result was outstanding. Totally impressed my omni bf.
- Blackberry Pecan Crisp - added the optional peaches. also incredible! this was gobbled up within a couple days.
- Basil Pesto - fast and fresh tasting
- Penne Pasta with Fresh Veggies - nothing super exciting, but lots of fresh flavors.
- Garlic and Greens Soup - the ingredients list sounds boring, but the result is fantastic. so hearty and warming.
- Lemon Pesto - liked this even better than the plain basil version. my new go-to pesto recipe!
On an unrelated note, I love her Vegetarian Food for Thought Podcasts - they're the reason I've been able to cut out dairy/eggs from my already vegetarian diet. I signed up for her online 30-day vegan challenge this month, but I've been pretty disappointed with that since it's exactly the same content as the podcasts. Has anyone else tried it?