| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:44 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
2015 cookbooks are on the horizon, so I thought I'd start a new thread for them (There is already a thread for upcoming 2014 cookbooks, so please post your thoughts on 2014 books there).

I'd love to hear what cookbook(s) Isa has in the works for 2015. I can't find them listed on Amazon yet. Those of you in the know about that, or about any other favorite author's 2015 cookbooks, I would be grateful if you add your info.

Currently listed on Amazon for 2015 are the following cookbooks:

Vegan Pressure Cooking: Quick and Easy One-Dish Meals in Minutes by J L Fields --Jan 1, 2015)

But I Could Never Go Vegan!: 125 Recipes that Prove You Can Live Without Cheese, It's Not All Rabbit Food, and Your Friends Will Still Come Over for Dinner by Kristy Turner – January 6, 2015

Love Fed: Purely Decadent and Completely Simple Raw, Plant-Based Desserts by Christina Ross – February 3, 2015

Of the ones I found on Amazon, I'm most interested in Vegan Pressure Cooking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:22 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3659
Location: Nashville, TN
Isa's working on an entertaining book, but I don't think it has a name or release date yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
creep wrote:
Isa's working on an entertaining book, but I don't think it has a name or release date yet.


Thanks, that's good to know. I'm looking forward to it! Where did you hear about it? I looked through the home page links but didn't see anything listed in the obvious places (Books, FAQ), and I didn't want people to think I was overlooking her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3659
Location: Nashville, TN
LFL wrote:
creep wrote:
Isa's working on an entertaining book, but I don't think it has a name or release date yet.


Thanks, that's good to know. I'm looking forward to it! Where did you hear about it? I looked through the home page links but didn't see anything listed in the obvious places (Books, FAQ), and I didn't want people to think I was overlooking her.


I'm testing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:13 pm 
Offline
Writes Vegan Haiku

Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:02 pm
Posts: 32
Oooh! Thanks for posting. I'm very interested in "Vegan Pressure Cooking"! I just got an Instant Pot and I loooooooooooove it! I've mostly been using it to whip up steel cut oats, grains, lentils and beans to use in other recipes. It's so easy to use. Lorna Sass's "Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure" is awesome, and I think most recipes are either vegan or easily adapted to be vegan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:27 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
crazynut wrote:
Oooh! Thanks for posting. I'm very interested in "Vegan Pressure Cooking"! I just got an Instant Pot and I loooooooooooove it! I've mostly been using it to whip up steel cut oats, grains, lentils and beans to use in other recipes. It's so easy to use. Lorna Sass's "Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure" is awesome, and I think most recipes are either vegan or easily adapted to be vegan.


Yes.By the way, Lorna' Sass Complete Vegetarian Kitchen (originally published as Recipes from an Ecological Kitchen) also has pressure cooking recipes. Each recipe in that cookbook comes with pressure cooking directions *and* regular directions, and unlike Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure, it's completely vegan.

Still, even though I have both Sass cookbooks and like them, I'm very interested in Vegan Pressure Cooking. It'd be great to see an update of that kind of cookbook.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:22 am 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 6168
creep wrote:
Isa's working on an entertaining book, but I don't think it has a name or release date yet.

I find all of Isa's books to be entertaining!

_________________
"We are simple people, my husband is a mechanic with dirty hands, my daughter is a blue haired lesbian who's favorite activity is making people uncomfortable." - torque


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
creep wrote:
Isa's working on an entertaining book, but I don't think it has a name or release date yet.

I find all of Isa's books to be entertaining!


They are. The chatty descriptions are one of my favorite aspects of her cookbooks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:53 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 587
one of these days - we're going to see a Bowl Cookbook. (from isa! fingers crossed).
I'd be interested in the Pressure Cooker one but i'd probably kill someone (myself).

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
daisysunshine wrote:
I'd be interested in the Pressure Cooker one but i'd probably kill someone (myself).


Actually today's pressure cookers are completely safe! They are tested by UL Laboratories to ensure that! This has been the case for over twenty years (that's how long I've owned mine) and it's a saddening thing that the misconception (based on old 1970s models) that pressure cookers pose a danger persists.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 587
LFL wrote:
daisysunshine wrote:
I'd be interested in the Pressure Cooker one but i'd probably kill someone (myself).


Actually today's pressure cookers are completely safe! They are tested by UL Laboratories to ensure that! This has been the case for over twenty years (that's how long I've owned mine) and it's a saddening thing that the misconception (based on old 1970s models) that pressure cookers pose a danger persists.



really! well that's interesting to know :)
[to be fair, that comment(s) came from my mom, and my best friend. I am so klutzy in the kitchen, I think they were like that doesn't look well for me]. but presssure cooking seems something i'd be interesting. this way i can make tonnes of pesto and have it shelf-stable!

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
daisysunshine wrote:
[to be fair, that comment(s) came from my mom, and my best friend. I am so klutzy in the kitchen, I think they were like that doesn't look well for me]. but presssure cooking seems something i'd be interesting. this way i can make tonnes of pesto and have it shelf-stable!


I think you might be thinking of pressure canning, which I admit I don't know much about. Pressure cooking is really nice for cooking things fast. I've had good experiences using it to make dishes with dried beans, or long-cooking vegetables, in less time and in some cases (such as risottos) with less effort. The flavors that result are also a bit better than when cooking with a regular pot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:28 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
Celine Steen and Tamasin Noyes' 2015 cookbook looks interesting:

The Great Vegan Protein Book: Fill Up the Healthy Way with More than 100 Delicious Protein-Based Vegan Recipes by Celine Steen and Tamasin Noyes -- February 1, 2015

Has anyone tested for it? Know anything about it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:57 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 587
I haven't. but i preordered it.

the Betty goes Vegan gang (Annie and Dan Shannon - maybe? have a book out 2015 - their website says so but i see nothing, nada zilchers on amazon either com or ca)

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:07 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
daisysunshine wrote:
the Betty goes Vegan gang (Annie and Dan Shannon - maybe? have a book out 2015 - their website says so but i see nothing, nada zilchers on amazon either com or ca)


I could've sworn I saw their 2015 book listed on Amazon before, but it's not there now! I don't know what happened and I can't remember what it was focused on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:39 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 587
LFL wrote:
daisysunshine wrote:
the Betty goes Vegan gang (Annie and Dan Shannon - maybe? have a book out 2015 - their website says so but i see nothing, nada zilchers on amazon either com or ca)


I could've sworn I saw their 2015 book listed on Amazon before, but it's not there now! I don't know what happened and I can't remember what it was focused on.



curious! at any rate - i bought betty goes vegan after waffling on it for like what? a year +? everyone keeps saying it's a great book, and i figure i can just cross out the meat subs and use my own seitan mix like others suggested :) when in doubt, get another tomb!

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:01 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
daisysunshine wrote:
curious! at any rate - i bought betty goes vegan after waffling on it for like what? a year +? everyone keeps saying it's a great book, and i figure i can just cross out the meat subs and use my own seitan mix like others suggested :) when in doubt, get another tomb!


LOL. Though I think you mean tome-- a tomb is another word for a grave.

There is a book called My New Roots: Plant-Based Recipes for Every Season by Sarah Britton listed as coming out in March of 2015. I wonder if it's going to be focused on root vegetables.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:14 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:46 am
Posts: 1113
Location: Sweden
LFL wrote:
There is a book called My New Roots: Plant-Based Recipes for Every Season by Sarah Britton listed as coming out in March of 2015. I wonder if it's going to be focused on root vegetables.

It's the name of her blog.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:37 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
fruitbat wrote:
LFL wrote:
There is a book called My New Roots: Plant-Based Recipes for Every Season by Sarah Britton listed as coming out in March of 2015. I wonder if it's going to be focused on root vegetables.

It's the name of her blog.


Ah, I see. Thank you!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:52 am 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 42
LFL wrote:
daisysunshine wrote:
the Betty goes Vegan gang (Annie and Dan Shannon - maybe? have a book out 2015 - their website says so but i see nothing, nada zilchers on amazon either com or ca)


I could've sworn I saw their 2015 book listed on Amazon before, but it's not there now! I don't know what happened and I can't remember what it was focused on.


Here's what I found:
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Kitchen-Wisdom-Delicious-Recipes/dp/1455557536 - February 10, 2015
Vegan Kitchen Wisdom: Over 200 Delicious Recipes and Tips to Save you Money and Stock Your Pantry
by Annie Shannon (Author), Dan Shannon (Author)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:11 pm 
Offline
Calls "cavemen" on that
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 2382
The pressure cooker one sounds awesome. I, too own the Lorna Saas book, and I love it, but a one would be great. Looooove my pressure cooker!

The protein one also looks good. I am really trying to get my protein up. Not that I am wasting away on rabbit food (haha) but I am exercising a lot and with weights. I really need to get more protein in my meals (like 125g+ per day), not just with shakes and stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:25 pm 
Offline
Has Isa on speed dial

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:02 pm
Posts: 89
Word on the street is that Kathy from Healthy. Happy. Life is working on a cookbook due for Spring 2015 called Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen. I would be SO happy if this is confirmed :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 am
Posts: 308
Here is another one for January:

Greens 24/7: More Than 100 Quick, Easy, and Delicious Recipes for Eating Leafy Greens and Other Green Veggies at Every Meal, Every Day Paperback – January 6, 2015
by Jessica Nadel
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161519 ... eexpe0b-20

_________________
http://tastespace.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:35 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
gingerlime wrote:
LFL wrote:
daisysunshine wrote:
the Betty goes Vegan gang (Annie and Dan Shannon - maybe? have a book out 2015 - their website says so but i see nothing, nada zilchers on amazon either com or ca)


I could've sworn I saw their 2015 book listed on Amazon before, but it's not there now! I don't know what happened and I can't remember what it was focused on.


Here's what I found:
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Kitchen-Wisdom-Delicious-Recipes/dp/1455557536 - February 10, 2015
Vegan Kitchen Wisdom: Over 200 Delicious Recipes and Tips to Save you Money and Stock Your Pantry
by Annie Shannon (Author), Dan Shannon (Author)


That was it! I wonder why I couldn't find it again after seeing it that once?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:41 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 709
Chicki wrote:
The pressure cooker one sounds awesome. I, too own the Lorna Saas book, and I love it, but a one would be great. Looooove my pressure cooker!


Lorna Sass has two pressure cooking books, but yeah, it will be great to have a third. Pressure cooking goes so well with a vegan diet that I'm surprised more vegans haven't discovered it.

Quote:
The protein one also looks good. I am really trying to get my protein up. Not that I am wasting away on rabbit food (haha) but I am exercising a lot and with weights. I really need to get more protein in my meals (like 125g+ per day), not just with shakes and stuff.


I have heard so much mixed nutritional advice about protein that I'm confused about what the ideal amount is. I've heard more than once that a lot of protein can cause calcium depletion, so I hope the high protein cookbook takes that into account and that the recipes are calcium rich, as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: erinwyso and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer