| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: paleo vegan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:28 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Has anyone looked through this book? There's no look inside feature on amazon and I'm wondering if it's just simple whole food vegetable side items, a bunch of raw desserts, or other no-brainer stuff. I'm looking for entrees and non-raw desserts.

I have no interest in paleo, but we sell a lot of paleo food at work, and a very high percentage is not vegan, so I'd like to bring that number down a bit.

Post subject: Re: paleo vegan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm 
Tofu Pup

I haven't seen the book, but I can offer a veggie paleo dinner idea if that's what you mean. My brother is paleo and my family is veg*n... we say there has to be a joke out there somewhere about a paleo having dinner with a bunch of vegetarians. :)

Anyhoo, we make it work. His favorite thing I make for him is a pav bhaji without the potatoes. Pav bhaji (I hope I'm spelling it right) is an Indian street food--basically a cauliflower and potato stew that is scooped up with a yeasty bread. So the paleo (and vegan) version is cauli mashed up in a tomatoey tangy amazing sauce with bell peppers. He scoops it up with low-carb tortillas or cloud bread that I make for him when I'm feeling generous. If you're interested, I can post or message you those recipes.

Edited to say... I guess my brother is low-carb rather than strictly paleo... I'm not really sure what paleo is, except I have a vague suspicion any bread-type thing isn't kosher... or paleo... whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I quickly looked at this yesterday. Their concept is using up to 20% cheats with grains/legumes. The recipes are vegetable heavy, some with grains, few with beans. Not that many desserts. They scream mostly sides to me (salads, cooked vegetables), but that's because anything without beans is not an entree. ;)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:55 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

That's disappointing that it uses cheats and sounds lame. Perhaps the author is trying to convince people that 100% paleo is not a great idea? At my job, a tiny bit of quinoa wouldn't fly in a paleo dish...but yet we mark stuff paleo that has chocolate chips in it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

There are dishes without grains or beans but they are veg heavy instead.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]