| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: cookbook present for me?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ijustdiedinside wrote:
get terry's book, you will not be disappointed. it's so beautiful and every single recipe sounds like the best recipe ever.

This! I didn't see one thing I wasn't interested in making... or at least eating.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ijustdiedinside wrote:
get terry's book, you will not be disappointed. it's so beautiful and every single recipe sounds like the best recipe ever.

sorry, but i've read that it's organized like v'con and i did not like how v'con was laid out. i guess i'm just a stickler for organization/layout/presentation, but to me, a cookbook has to have more than just great recipes, it needs to be visually laid out really well too. i will take your suggestion under consideration ;) but i need to do a flip through in person before i invest in the cookbook.

plus my bn.com membership has since expired and i don't plan on renewing it anytime soon so there won't be any cookbook purchases in my near future ;) the $ i was spending on books will be allocated to a different budget item ;)

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

WHAT? VEW is like the prettiest cookbook I've ever seen, and it's organized by title, ingredient, and a ton of other shiitake like gf, soy-free, time, etc. What do you not like about it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

as I mentioned above, I need to see VEW for myself, I'm just repeating what others have said about it regarding its layout, it supposedly being cluttered with side bars and comment boxes, and the recipes not really one per page, or a smidge of the beginning of one recipe on the bottom of the page and then continuing to the next.

next time i'll be more careful to form my own opinion based on my own experience instead of just repeating hearsay ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

bookwormbethie wrote:
as I mentioned above, I need to see VEW for myself, I'm just repeating what others have said about it regarding its layout, it supposedly being cluttered with side bars and comment boxes, and the recipes not really one per page, or a smidge of the beginning of one recipe on the bottom of the page and then continuing to the next.

next time i'll be more careful to form my own opinion based on my own experience instead of just repeating hearsay ;)

You can have an opinion! But definitely check it out. Some recipes do run over onto other pages, but I'd say that's pretty minor for how awesome the book is, in my opinion. I'd rather have a rad book than a mediocre book with a layout that I like.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

agreed will check it out.

and just to clarify, layout + rad recipes are equally important. i hear angels sing when they are both together ;)