| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 990 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Eats World
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yep, that was it. Thank God for smartphones because I hopped straight on the internet to google it to make sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:13 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I'm making tagine this weekend, superstoked! I have everything on hand and we started the (slow) preserved lemons a few weeks ago. But I recently checked on them and honestly, they still look like regular lemons! is that weird? I recently saw a jar of them in a store and they were like tiny shrunken heads!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Audrey wrote:
I'm making tagine this weekend, superstoked! I have everything on hand and we started the (slow) preserved lemons a few weeks ago. But I recently checked on them and honestly, they still look like regular lemons! is that weird? I recently saw a jar of them in a store and they were like tiny shrunken heads!

Mine shrank a little, but they still look like regular lemons for the most part.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The preserved lemon tempeh was really good! Salty and briny with the lemons and olives, so definitely serve over pasta or unsalted greens or something to cut the salt a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I had my first fail when I tried making the Vietnamese crepes, not sure if I measured something wrong or just bad technique but they competely fall apart when I tried to fold them. The sauce didn't turn out very nice either, I think because of the brand of lime juice I used. I mostly just ended up picking out the tofu pieces and throwing away the rest cause I love that tofu!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I made the massaman curry this evening. It was so good I licked the plate clean. I haven't licked the plate since I was a kid. Most mortifying part was that I was sat on the sofa licking the plate and the neighbours actually saw me through the window.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:33 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

daisychain wrote:
I made the massaman curry this evening. It was so good I licked the plate clean. I haven't licked the plate since I was a kid. Most mortifying part was that I was sat on the sofa licking the plate and the neighbours actually saw me through the window.

Haha! That is a really funny image.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I made the tempeh chorizo today to go with my mac and cheese. It was perfect. Too bad tempeh is so expensive/hard to find around here, otherwise I'd cook with it a lot more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:35 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I made the Jap Chae mushroom dish today but I didn't use the cloud ear mushrooms as I don't like them, so I subbed fresh shiitakes along with the dried ones. I'd never used those sweet potato noodles before and they're very strange looking things, it looked like I had a sieve full of jellyfish. Very tasty and very quick too. I had some baked tofu leftover from the Pad See Ew so I used that variation, which I recommend.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ooooooh. My belly!! Seriously over stuffed right now. I just ate about 2/3's of the bahn mi recipe. I made the daikon pickle too but I ate them too soon after making it to be overly impressed with them. I will have some more with the last bit of the scramble for lunch to see how it is.

I had some left-over massaman for lunch today. One of my co-workers had a taste and she went straight for the tofu because she had never had tofu before. She was very impressed. I have to bring in the recipe tomorrow for her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 am 
Saggy Butt

Finally made the pastichio this weekend! It was the most delicious thing I've eaten in a long time. Also made the tarte tatin and scrambled tofu banh mi. Delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 am 
Nailed to the V

The Jamaican Curry Powder on pg. 40 is so nice. I made a half batch and it still made a ton. This is the second spice blend I've made from the book (the other was the Garam Masala - wonderful!) and now I wonder why I never did this before.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

I can't open the index file. I registered on the download site but just get codes when I try and print the download. HELP!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:20 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I made the Yellow Split Pea soup with Chard. It was good...but something was missing. Somehow I left out the ginger, so that must have been it. Also, my chilli I had went rotten, so I used dried chili flakes cooked in the butter/oil. Leftovers were great though!

The Niter Kibbet (sp?) was awesome. I took a bit and put it on some warm pita and served it with the soup. Very flavorful. A tiny bit goes a long way too! Looking forward to using that in other recipes. It is supposed to save in the fridge for months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

beethecookie wrote:
The Jamaican Curry Powder on pg. 40 is so nice. I made a half batch and it still made a ton. This is the second spice blend I've made from the book (the other was the Garam Masala - wonderful!) and now I wonder why I never did this before.

I love this stuff and it made my house smell amazing! I made some for my parents for Christmas, they loved it too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Sandy S wrote:
I can't open the index file. I registered on the download site but just get codes when I try and print the download. HELP!!!

You don't have to register at the site. Files are only available for 7 days, so the old links don't link to the index files any more.

I've uploaded the files again for you: Vegan Eats World Index.pdf and Vegan Eats World Index.doc

I've also added the Bountiful Beet and Mushroom Borscht to the celeriac root section - thanks again, Gnoe!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 pm 
Nailed to the V

Dinner tonight was the Artichoke Skillet Paella. I substituted the Chorizo Sausages in Vegan Brunch for the Tempeh Chorizo in VEW. This was soooo good. It was probably the best paella I've ever had; I'm so looking forward to the leftovers!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Had the Zen Spinach Wonton Soup for dinner tonight and I am a very very happy girl! I mis-measured my better than bouillon and it was a tad salty (but that's my fault, not the recipe). I am going to make a bunch of wontons and broth and keep them in the freezer at all times.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:32 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I made the Tempeh Katsu tonight--I loved it; so good! To go with it, I made the cabbage slaw recipe that goes with the Tibetan momos (though I didn't have cilantro); it was very easy and tasty.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Thank you Shukriyya for the index to VEW! I was able to print it yesterday. This is a life saver.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

I made the Greek Village Salad with cashew feta for dinner last night along with the Mango & Peanut Millet Salad. Both were wonderful! I could eat the cashew feta by the tangy spoonful! Lunch couldn't get here quickly enough today, so that I could have leftovers. I'll definitely be making the feta again and again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:42 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm making the pastistio (sp?) Greek lasagna and probably (not entirely decided on my dessert yet) the tarte tatin from this book, too. This is for an omni dinner party this weekend but my friends really love my food and aren't afraid of the veganness so it should all be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm 
WELFARIST!

Ohhh...my friends are staying over too and I'm thinking of making a nice breakfast for them. If they can handle it and are feeling adventurous, I might make the banh mi's for them in the morning (tofu scramble might be a bit much to ask though of omnis, but I have no doubt the banh mis are delicious and might win them over if I can get them to try them). They're super folks though so if I make them, they'll probably try them happily.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Black-eyed pea curry (Lobia) for dinner tonight. High yum to effort ratio! I was too lazy to make another curry to go with so I just had some steamed broccoli (and basmati rice). Looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I don't think I mentioned it on here but the mango-avocado-cashew salad was amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

seitanicverses wrote:
Ohhh...my friends are staying over too and I'm thinking of making a nice breakfast for them. If they can handle it and are feeling adventurous, I might make the banh mi's for them in the morning (tofu scramble might be a bit much to ask though of omnis, but I have no doubt the banh mis are delicious and might win them over if I can get them to try them). They're super folks though so if I make them, they'll probably try them happily.

A few omni's at work have had a taste of mine anytime I've had it for lunch and they all were really impressed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 990 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 40  Next