| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Isa Does It
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:29 pm 
Nailed to the V

jenlovesdoggies wrote:
I want it now! <stomps foot like Veruca Salt>

Amazon still says delivery estimate of 10/22. I will squeal when it shows up, I know I will.

LOL Amazon is picking on my last nerve
Easy as Vegan Pie is available - in 5 weeks

Isa Does It better be on my porch next tuesday LOL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:29 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I also ordered from Indigo.ca and I received an e-mail on Fri saying it has been shipped. It should be here in the next couple days!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Review, new recipe AND giveaway here:

http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2013/10 ... -giveaway/

(youpee!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

saveur wrote:
Review, new recipe AND giveaway here:

http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2013/10 ... -giveaway/

(youpee!)

well done on your review! ooooh i want this book even more now!

i counted the list you posted, there are 27 recipes from the PPK in her new book, i like that, mostly because i don't cook from the ppk blog as often as i should. i assume these 27 are quick n' easy ones that fit in with the theme of her new book....
question for Isa: Are those 27 perhaps some of the more popular recipes clicked on the blog??

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Doubtful, since a lot of those were posted while she was writing the book.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:03 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Only six days to go! I signed up for a free 30-day Amazon prime trial, so I was able to go back and change the shipping speed to 2-day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:13 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I pre-ordered on Amazon a while back but the estimated delivery date is showing 18/Nov - 10/Dec, they do tend to over estimate on shipping times for International so I'm not sure if it would be quicker to cancel and order through Book Depository.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:44 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I think it will go on my next Amazon bulk order...

Isa / testers / people who already have the book: would it work well as someone's very first vegan cookbook? My sister just went vegetarian with an eye towards veganism and I am thinking of getting her cookbooks for Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:59 am 
And you never will.

aelle wrote:
Isa / testers / people who already have the book: would it work well as someone's very first vegan cookbook? My sister just went vegetarian with an eye towards veganism and I am thinking of getting her cookbooks for Christmas.

Definitely. The whole book is written to be easy to follow with details directions, unfussy, and simple ingredients. And everything is delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:22 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Awesome, that's what it looked like. I think I'll get her this one, and either Vegan Cupcakes etc. or Vegan Cookies etc. (or both?) That should cover her daily needs for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:43 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

aelle wrote:
I think it will go on my next Amazon bulk order...

Yes! More so than most vegan cookbooks, I think. The recipes are pretty easy without being dumbed down, and they range everything from easy staples to fancier entrees. The range of ingredients is good for a first vegan cookbook: nothing too freaky and mostly easy to find foods. The recipes are pretty friendly for tweaking too. After testing a recipe as written, I often went back to make it with small changes that better suited my tastes. Even if it's something as minor as adding a tablespoon of lemon juice or something it's nice to be able to discover what works for you.

Although, I always buy Veganomicon for first vegan cookbooks. I'm just so attached to so many recipes in there. But I'm curious to see how I'll feel once I revisit the IDI recipes and actually see the book!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:36 pm 
Saggy Butt

Mines shipped! With any luck it should now hopefully arrive somewhere between a couple a days after my birthday and up to a week after. Fingers crossed for the shorter delivery. Early release is excellent timing, what a birthday present to myself.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:24 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I don't have the book yet (I looked for it yesterday in hope!) but I made the New England glam chowder after seeing the video on the blog. I knew it was going to be good but Jeez, this totally wowed me! It's so thick and creamy and delicious. The mushrooms and nori all made really convincing substitutes and I also used preserved lemons which I think added a little briney taste. And it came together really fast, I give it a 10.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:03 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I forgot to mention it in my post, but one of the great things about this book is that the pictures are gorgeous. Veganomicon, while good, lacks in the pretty photo department. It definitely helps to have the eye candy to entice you to make the recipes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:00 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Mine shipped too! Book depository says delivery will take 7-10 working days though, so it might be two weeks before it actually gets here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:06 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I keep looking at my order on Amazon, hoping against hope that it will magically changed from Not Yet Shipped to Shipped. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:24 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Silvergirl wrote:
I keep looking at my order on Amazon, hoping against hope that it will magically changed from Not Yet Shipped to Shipped. :(

Me too. I keep telling myself "not long, Jen, not long"

If I do nothing else I am making that Glam Chowder this weekend. It looks like my perfect soup.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:48 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Silvergirl wrote:

I've done this every day this week!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:45 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I went into a bookstore today to check even though I know it won't be out til next week.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:51 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

heatherkelly wrote:
Silvergirl wrote:

I've done this every day this week!

Me too!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

So I actually have my book! So excited! I got my e-mail saying it was ready to pick up at my local Chapters and I went and got it right away. It's a beautiful book, so pretty. It's has ALOT of yummy pictures. I have barley flipped through it as I just got it like an hour ago but I'll be looking through it tonight. I am very pleased with the presentation of the book. Who would have figured that the book was early here in Canada.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:38 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Argh, my copy was delivered but I'm away on a business trip until Sunday!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:52 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

brontrent wrote:
So I actually have my book! So excited! I got my e-mail saying it was ready to pick up at my local Chapters and I went and got it right away. It's a beautiful book, so pretty. It's has ALOT of yummy pictures. I have barley flipped through it as I just got it like an hour ago but I'll be looking through it tonight. I am very pleased with the presentation of the book. Who would have figured that the book was early here in Canada.

Amazon is not budging on that October 22nd release date. GRRRRR...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think it's awesome that the Canada peeps have their books in their hands already. YAY for y'all!

SOON I will be able to order! YAY!!!! I've been in a bit of a cooking rut, same ol same ol, so I am VERY VERY much looking for some new recipes to try and I'm especially thrilled that this cookbook is geared toward weeknight dinners and such so hopefully things won't be terribly fussy or time consuming (I don't mind that, but not all the time!)

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:11 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Silvergirl wrote:
brontrent wrote:

Amazon is not budging on that October 22nd release date. GRRRRR...

I know, I keep checking Amazon. I keep holding on to the glimmer that sometimes they ship early, but alas its the 18th already, I fear they are holding steady on this one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 96  Next