| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:53 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Okay, I realize 2014 is still far away... but seeing in the future is so fun.

A follow-up to Quick-Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson is planned for 2014: More Quick-Fix Vegan: Simple, Delicious Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less

And Afro-Vegan: Farm-Fresh African, Caribbean, and Southern Food Remixed? Looks promising.

Never Too Late to Go Vegan looks like a good idea to give one's open-minded omnivore parents for instance.

Also a paperback version of Vegan Eats World and a revised edition of Vegan Planet will come out.

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:58 am 
Nailed to the V

I want the new vegan planet (Robin said there are new recipes), as well as More Quick Fix Vegan. I'm happy with my copy of VeW :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ooh, Afro-Vegan sounds good. I am staying away from more general vegan cookbooks because I have SO many but hitting up the specialty ones, like ethnic or desserts or low fat/cal. Also quick ones.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:38 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'm especially excited to learn about More Quick Fix Vegan since I loved Quick Fix Vegan. Hope the sequel is equally good. Afro-Vegan sounds awesome too. Here are some others I found on Amazon:

Never Too Late to Go Vegan: The Over-50 Guide to Being Fit, Healthy, and Happy on a Plant-Based Diet by Carol J. Adams, Patti Breitman, Virginia Messina MPH RD

The Daniel Fast Made Delicious: Healthy, dairy-free, gluten free & vegan recipes that taste great! by John and Ann Marie Cavazos

Vegan Planet, Revised Edition: 425 Irresistible Recipes With Fantastic Flavors from Home and Around the World by Robin Robertson

Mayim's Vegan Table: 100 Great-Tasting and Healthy Recipes from My Family to Yours by Mayim Bialik and Jay Gordon

The VB6 Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Eat Vegan Before 6:00 by Mark Bittman

The Thrive Energy Cookbook: Over 100 Plant-Based, Whole Food Recipes to Help You Feel and Perform Your Best by Brendan Brazier

awesome Vegan Baking: An Un-cookbook for Raw, Vegan, Beautiful and Sinfully Sweet Cookies, Cakes, Bars & Cupcakes by Emily von Euw

The latter should be awesome Vegan Baking -- I'm not sure why the R isn't showing up!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

Sorry, the title of the latter cookbook is Raw-some Vegan Baking but without a hyphen. The spellchecker keeps correcting it to awesome and I am not sure how to fix that. I've run out of time to edit the last post, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Minatomachi wrote:

<3 Bryant Terry.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:21 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Oooh I REALLY want Afro-Vegan!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:39 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

This is great news about Robin Robertson's upcoming cookbooks. The More Quick Fix one sounds really great -- two chapters on just bowl recipes! Plus my copy of Vegan Planet is falling apart so I will happily swap it out for the revised edition.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 am 
Huffs Nooch

Yay, I'm happy to read that Bryant Terry has a new book! Also, I'll probably get the "Never Too Late" book because I'm old as dirt. Oh, and "More Quick Fix Vegan" sounds great.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am 
WRETCHED

I'd definitely buy Afro-vegan. I'm guessing the VB6 book isn't a vegan book based on the recent one not being vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Minatomachi wrote:
Okay, I realize 2014 is still far away... but seeing in the future is so fun.

A follow-up to Quick-Fix Vegan by Robin Robertson is planned for 2014: More Quick-Fix Vegan: Simple, Delicious Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less

YAY!!!! Love QFV, my hubby isn't vegan quite of few of his faves are from that book!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 pm 
Nailed to the V

A few more vegan and potentially vegan friendly cookbooks coming out in 2014:

The Blender Girl: Super-Easy, Super-Healthy Meals, Snacks, Desserts, and Drinks--100 Gluten-Free, Raw, & Vegan Recipes! by Tess Masters

Brassicas: Modern Ways to Cook Kale, Cabbage, Broccoli, and their Kin by Laura B. Russell

Vegan: 100 of the Most Delicious Plant-Based Recipes Ever by Adele McConnell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:08 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Afro-Vegan sounds like my dream cookbook - can't wait!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:31 pm 
Nailed to the V

On Terry Hope Romero's website, she says that she is currently working on a salad cookbook. That one sounds pretty awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm 
Nailed to the V

beethecookie wrote:
On Terry Hope Romero's website, she says that she is currently working on a salad cookbook. That one sounds pretty awesome!

That sounds really good. Does it have a title yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

LFL wrote:
beethecookie wrote:

That sounds really good. Does it have a title yet?

Not that I know of. She semi-jokingly calls it "Salads Don't Suck" on her website, but I'm thinking that'll change!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:39 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'm really looking forward to The VB6 Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Eat Vegan Before 6:00 by Mark Bittman (March 2014).

I eat vegan 24 hours a day but breakfast and lunch recipes are always welcome. Also, Bittman's diet before 6 PM is healthier than the way I eat. I'm hoping this cookbook will help me limit simple carbs in favor of complex carbs and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:19 pm 
Nailed to the V

It's not a cookbook but T. Colin Cambpell (author of The China Study) will have a new book out in 2014: Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

LFL wrote:
It's not a cookbook but T. Colin Cambpell (author of The China Study) will have a new book out in 2014: Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition.

I think that's already out?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 am 
WRETCHED

LFL wrote:
I'm really looking forward to The VB6 Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Eat Vegan Before 6:00 by Mark Bittman (March 2014).

I eat vegan 24 hours a day but breakfast and lunch recipes are always welcome. Also, Bittman's diet before 6 PM is healthier than the way I eat. I'm hoping this cookbook will help me limit simple carbs in favor of complex carbs and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.

I'd totally be on board with a breakfast/lunch cookbook but when I read the book he recently released had lots of dinners (non-vegan of course), I was disappointed. I just personally don't think I can get behind a book called Vegan before 6 that has non-vegan dinners. I figure people who are eating vegan before 6 know what they were eating after 6? If it happens to be a breakfast/lunch book, I'd totally get it though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm 
Nailed to the V

linanil wrote:
LFL wrote:

I'd totally be on board with a breakfast/lunch cookbook but when I read the book he recently released had lots of dinners (non-vegan of course), I was disappointed. I just personally don't think I can get behind a book called Vegan before 6 that has non-vegan dinners. I figure people who are eating vegan before 6 know what they were eating after 6? If it happens to be a breakfast/lunch book, I'd totally get it though.

I can see where you're coming from but I like the breakfasts and lunches in his recent cookbook enough to be interested in the upcoming cookbook based on his diet. It will have 150 recipes, so if 100 of those are vegan, that may still make it worth purchasing for me. I'll just skip the dinner section.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, if his diet gets some people to eat vegan more of the time than they were doing before, it's still improving on the current situation. I understand not everyone will feel this way, though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 pm 
WRETCHED

LFL wrote:
linanil wrote:
LFL wrote:

I can see where you're coming from but I like the breakfasts and lunches in his recent cookbook enough to be interested in the upcoming cookbook based on his diet. It will have 150 recipes, so if 100 of those are vegan, that may still make it worth purchasing for me. I'll just skip the dinner section.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, if his diet gets some people to eat vegan more of the time than they were doing before, it's still improving on the current situation. I understand not everyone will feel this way, though.

Yeah, I was just talking about myself. Personally, I'd prefer if it was just vegan breakfasts and lunch. For non vegans, I figure it sounds like a good thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

He's likely giving up some sales by including non-vegan recipes. Omnivores who are interested in vegan food already know how to NOT eat vegan, so I doubt the fact that the book includes meat is going to sway many people into purchasing, but it will absolutely keep vegans (like me) from buying it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

okay, late to the party, but lame to have a VB6 cookbook and then have not-vegan recipes in it for dinner time. if the cookbook is VB6 just have vegan recipes ;) i suppose he's trying to have a wider audience of purchasers, but like creep said, i have no interest in buying the book now. always on the look out for new and fun vegan breakfast and lunch recipes. oh well.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:40 am 
Nailed to the V

bookwormbethie wrote:
okay, late to the party, but lame to have a VB6 cookbook and then have not-vegan recipes in it for dinner time. if the cookbook is VB6 just have vegan recipes ;) i suppose he's trying to have a wider audience of purchasers, but like creep said, i have no interest in buying the book now. always on the look out for new and fun vegan breakfast and lunch recipes. oh well.

The cookbook is not out yet and we don't yet know for a fact that it will contain omni recipes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next