| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 am
Posts: 285
I am looking forward to this one from Kathy Hester:

http://www.amazon.com/OATrageous-Oatmea ... 436&sr=1-4

_________________
http://tastespace.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 pm 
Offline
Tofu Pup Forever

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:20 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Central Texas
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1607746476/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3AOS1O467YAXA&coliid=I21N7PVY0MJV8

I don't think anyone's posted this one yet... Vegan Holiday Cooking. Comes out in September. I am super intrigued, but will wait for reviews, because if the recipes are too... I don't know, froo-froo, I'll never make any of them. Then it's just a coffee-table book.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:10 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 572
BluePooh wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1607746476/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3AOS1O467YAXA&coliid=I21N7PVY0MJV8

I don't think anyone's posted this one yet... Vegan Holiday Cooking. Comes out in September. I am super intrigued, but will wait for reviews, because if the recipes are too... I don't know, froo-froo, I'll never make any of them. Then it's just a coffee-table book.


That does look intriguing. I don't have experience wth Candle Cafe's other cookbooks so I'll be curious to hear what people say about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:40 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 6716
Location: Modesto, CA
hot vegan - um, yes please!!!!!

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:01 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 am
Posts: 288
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Book Depository have e-mailed to say Vegan Finger Foods by Celine and Tamasin is now available. I'm waiting to hear from them to say it's actually shipped.

_________________
“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” - Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 2031
Location: NYC/Schenectady, NY
saveur wrote:
I am looking forward to this one from Kathy Hester:

http://www.amazon.com/OATrageous-Oatmea ... 436&sr=1-4


I'm super excited by this one. I pre-ordered it.

_________________
If a milkshake is going to change the world then it should be at least be an Oreo one. - daisychain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:41 am 
Offline
Tofu Pup

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 pm
Posts: 11
Just got an email from Amazon that Terry's new salad book, "Salad Samurai", that I preordered has been pushed back from June 12th to July 3rd. :( I am really looking forward to this book for the upcoming warm weather!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:17 am 
Offline
Built this city on rock and roll
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 1208
darksideknitter wrote:
Book Depository have e-mailed to say Vegan Finger Foods by Celine and Tamasin is now available. I'm waiting to hear from them to say it's actually shipped.


I already got my tester copy and the book is really lovely! There are so many things I didn't test and I think I'll just cook straight through the book.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:05 pm 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 37
I am looking forward to getting my hands on VeganAide's book http://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Vegan-Eats-Favorites-Kitchen/dp/098546626X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1398358518&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:26 pm 
Offline
So Totally Yiffy

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:36 pm
Posts: 37
daisysunshine wrote:
Amazon.Ca is saying World Vegan Feasts is coming out april 2014. I wonder if this is a reprint or what?


The publisher is reissuing some of their books with new ISBNs due to a distribution deal http://veganheritagepress.com/booksellers/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:37 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3636
Location: Nashville, TN
Mihl wrote:
darksideknitter wrote:
Book Depository have e-mailed to say Vegan Finger Foods by Celine and Tamasin is now available. I'm waiting to hear from them to say it's actually shipped.


I already got my tester copy and the book is really lovely! There are so many things I didn't test and I think I'll just cook straight through the book.


Are there a substantial number of things in there that could function as meals? Or is it all appetizer kind of stuff?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:06 am 
Offline
Hearts James Cromwell

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 am
Posts: 49
LFL wrote:
Robin Roberston has another cookbook coming out in 2014, called Hot Vegan and featuring spicy recipes. Three cookbooks in one year! She sure is prolific.



I have Robin's Vegan Fire & Spice and have made lots of good recipes from that book.

After reading the Hot Vegan description, I wonder how it will be different? Is it an update on the previous book, or does it contain completely all-new (hotter) recipes?

And if so, I'm getting it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:57 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 am
Posts: 2601
Location: England
creep wrote:
Mihl wrote:
darksideknitter wrote:
Book Depository have e-mailed to say Vegan Finger Foods by Celine and Tamasin is now available. I'm waiting to hear from them to say it's actually shipped.


I already got my tester copy and the book is really lovely! There are so many things I didn't test and I think I'll just cook straight through the book.


Are there a substantial number of things in there that could function as meals? Or is it all appetizer kind of stuff?


I didn't test masses for this book, just due to timings, but everything I did test I did as part of a meal, we are not appetiser or nibbles people at all. Just as an off the top of my head example, there is a recipe for flautas which you serve as a finger food, but I just threw on some rice and guac to make a meal.

_________________
http://cookingtheveganbooks.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:13 am
Posts: 1808
Location: USA
okay, i've been absent for a long while, and i'm not sure if it's in this thread, but someone mentioned a long time ago that perhaps a NY food truck person was putting out a cookbook in 2014. deep fried seitan may have been a recipe? if that sounds familiar, please post title of book!

edit, search is my friend, the cinnamon snail cookbook. has anyone heard any updates on this?

_________________
"....but I finally found block tempeh a few weeks ago with the intent to give it my virginity." -Moon

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:20 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Hella Oakland, CA
The cinnamon snail book is being photographed right now and it looks preeeeeeeetty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:20 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am
Posts: 574
madeleine.teacup wrote:
The cinnamon snail book is being photographed right now and it looks preeeeeeeetty.



ooho show, where are pictures?! (also what is cinnamon snail? LOL)

apparently Cathy Kelly's Vegan Fresco released... naturally amazon.ca decided not to give me my copy and now i have to wait ages.

_________________
A Vegan Julie/Julia Project: This Cycle: Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats! http://veganlydelicious.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:36 am
Posts: 285
Looks like Thug Kitchen has a cookbook:

http://www.amazon.com/Thug-Kitchen-Eat- ... 2XJQJP3FC7

_________________
http://tastespace.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 pm 
Offline
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 am
Posts: 64
So what's so great about this Thug Kitchen blog?

No photo's and the recipes are nothing special: asparagus risotto, tomato soup, winter vegetable stirfry......

And every second work is f*ck and sh*t.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:36 am 
Offline
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1366
Location: Berlin
Is the book vegan? I thought Thug Kitchen explicitly said they're not vegan, just health-conscious?

_________________
http://www.veganinberlin.com
"Money ain't got no owners, only spenders." - Omar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:17 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 3981
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
I totally forgot about the thug kitchen book! If reviews are good I'll probably get it, especially if there are lots of pictures and swearing.

In the FAQs the writer says they're not vegan but almost totally plant based, and their girlfriend is vegan, so I'm assuming the recipes will be vegan.

I made the potato salad last year, it was awesome.

ETA: the book description says it is plant-based recipes.
ETA2: the amazon.ca description.

_________________
Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie? - daisychain
Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit! - allularpunk
Dwarf-tossing for God: A Story of Hope - Invictus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:19 am 
Offline
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 3974
Location: Austin
otherdimension wrote:
So what's so great about this Thug Kitchen blog?

No photo's and the recipes are nothing special: asparagus risotto, tomato soup, winter vegetable stirfry......

And every second work is f*ck and sh*t.....

There's a photo with every recipe on the blog. And I suspect the foul language is part of the appeal for most people. And the quasi-military yelling at you to get off your butt and go cook real food. There's a sameness to a lot of food blogs these days, and Thug Kitchen breaks the mold.

I always thought the author's distinction that he isn't vegan was about his personal diet and philosophy and not about what he would put on the blog/in the book. Like Bryant Terry, whose recipes are always vegan but who doesn't embrace the word vegan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:47 pm 
Offline
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 am
Posts: 64
mollyjade wrote:
otherdimension wrote:
So what's so great about this Thug Kitchen blog?

No photo's and the recipes are nothing special: asparagus risotto, tomato soup, winter vegetable stirfry......

And every second work is f*ck and sh*t.....

There's a photo with every recipe on the blog. And I suspect the foul language is part of the appeal for most people. And the quasi-military yelling at you to get off your butt and go cook real food. There's a sameness to a lot of food blogs these days, and Thug Kitchen breaks the mold.

I always thought the author's distinction that he isn't vegan was about his personal diet and philosophy and not about what he would put on the blog/in the book. Like Bryant Terry, whose recipes are always vegan but who doesn't embrace the word vegan.


Thanks must have been my work network blocking out the pictures.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:14 pm 
Offline
Frees Bunny Slippers
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:20 pm
Posts: 166
Location: gritty urban NJ
If you're cooking for someone with heart disease, Ann Crile Esselstyn is releasing a cookbook to accompany her husband's book, called The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook: Over 125 Delicious, Life-Changing, Plant-Based Recipes. Her daughter Jane is listed as co-author. It's scheduled for September release.

I haven't seen anything about it except on Amazon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:05 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
Posts: 572
A few 2014 cookbooks for gluten-free vegans:

The Complete Coconut Cookbook: 200 Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan Recipes Using Coconut Flour, Oil, Sugar and More by Camilla Saulsbury

The Gluten-Free Italian Vegetarian Kitchen: More Than 225 Meat-Free, Wheat-Free, and Gluten-Free Recipes for Delicious and Nutricious Italian Dishes by Donna Klein

Both come out on September 2.

Also, Kittee has posted that her yet untitled vegan Ethiopian Cookbook, gluten-free but for one recipe, will be out in late summer. I'm very excited for that one!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2014
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:47 pm 
Offline
Brain Made of Raw Seitan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 am
Posts: 1280
Location: Windmill row
I am really looking forward to Kittee's book and Salad Samurai!

_________________
Can you read Dutch? Kom eens kijken op Vegetus!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer