| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Casseroles by Julie Hasson
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:28 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Oooh wee, the taco casserole is DELISH! I love the tvp/refried bean combo & want to use it for tacos & burritos regularly. I went ahead & made the homemade chili powder because it sounded so good. It was lovely & fragrant. I had some Daiya cheddar on hand to use and went back & forth on making some sour cream but decided not to in the end. It didn't need sour cream (or avocado, another thought I had), but it would certainly elevate this dish even more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So many things in this book are hard to avoid multiple helpings of! I wasn't planning on it but I realized I had just about everything for the broccoli rice casserole last week and I'm so glad I made it. This week we're doing the Truffled Cauliflower Macaroni casserole again since casserole season is winding down and I want to get it in one last time as we transition into more spring timey stuff.

Instagram: entropyandennui

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:29 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Zula wrote:
Oooh wee, the taco casserole is DELISH! I love the tvp/refried bean combo & want to use it for tacos & burritos regularly. I went ahead & made the homemade chili powder because it sounded so good. It was lovely & fragrant. I had some Daiya cheddar on hand to use and went back & forth on making some sour cream but decided not to in the end. It didn't need sour cream (or avocado, another thought I had), but it would certainly elevate this dish even more.

Thank you, thank you, Zula for putting this on my radar. I just finished a big tedious project at work and was ready for something delicious . . . and easy to make. This totally fit the bill. And sooooo yummy. Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:33 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

fenice wrote:
Zula wrote:

Thank you, thank you, Zula for putting this on my radar. I just finished a big tedious project at work and was ready for something delicious . . . and easy to make. This totally fit the bill. And sooooo yummy. Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!

Yay! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:43 am 
BAD PASS

I was going to make the Taco Casserole, but the store closest to my house only has TVP sometimes. I went armed with a grocery list for the Shiitake, Rice, and Green Bean casserole just in case they didn't have it... and they didn't, so the green bean one won out. No one seems to have Soy Curls in stock here (Whole Foods doesn't carry them and the store where I bought them before doesn't seem to have them anymore), so I used some kind of Tofurky Chick'n style strips I hadn't seen before.

I like it okay, but probably won't make it again, unless it's as a side dish for Thanksgiving or something. I'll go to Whole Foods this week to get some TVP to make the Taco Casserole for sure though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:20 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Hollie wrote:
I used some kind of Tofurky Chick'n style strips I hadn't seen before.

Was it the roast chik'n? That stuff is amazing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I made the Old Fashioned Tamale Pie casserole in honor of Pi day today. It was delish! I amped up the veggie content of the chili - added zucchini and corn. I ate way too much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:24 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Last night I made the country sage gravy to put over veggies. Well all I had were some frozen green beans. I thought to myself "this could be weird, but what the heck", and I put it on them anyway.

Newsflash, country sage gravy over green beans tastes like green bean casserole!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have been using this book the past couple weeks...I think because I'm worried it's going to be too hot to do casseroles soon and I have been hankerin for soy curls lately. I can't remember which one I made last week but it was cheesy and delicious. Tonight I made the shiitake rice green bean one and it was good. I doubled the recipe to have plenty of leftovers. I find the serving sizes to be odd in this book. I want to try the taco and the spinach artichoke one next.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Butternut wrote:
I have been using this book the past couple weeks...I think because I'm worried it's going to be too hot to do casseroles soon and I have been hankerin for soy curls lately. I can't remember which one I made last week but it was cheesy and delicious. Tonight I made the shiitake rice green bean one and it was good. I doubled the recipe to have plenty of leftovers. I find the serving sizes to be odd in this book. I want to try the taco and the spinach artichoke one next.

Ha! I was just thinking I haven't used this book all winter and if I'm not careful I'll have to wait until next autumn/winter to use it again!
We can't get soy curls in the uk :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17