| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Richa's Indian Kitchen
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:35 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Did you make that roti yourself? It looks beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I did! It was the first time I'd ever made roti. It turned out delicious. I might add some garlic powder next time though.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:47 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Last night we had the Gujarati Dal (I forget the entire name of the dish). It was very easy to make and tasted very different from anything I've made in this book yet. It's subtl sweet and sour flavors were a great contrast to the bhindi masala which was spicy and earthy. I'd recommend both!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:40 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

The mango curry tofu and naan were HUGE hits at my vegan potluck today. My mouth is SO happy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:09 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I finally cooked from this book last night! We had a hodgepodge of Indian leftovers to finish, but I wanted to make something fresh with cauliflower. I searched through a couple of cookbooks and Spicy Baked Cauliflower Florets (Gobi 65) jumped out at me. It was fantastic! I took it easy on the cayenne (a little less than a teaspoon) and was so nervous when the batter still turned out to be very, very spicy. But never fear, the heat mellows out in the oven so it still has a good kick but doesn't overwhelm the dish. My husband loved it and we kept snacking on it while everything else finished up. We will absolutely be making this again! It's just so easy to whip up on a weeknight and so delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:25 pm 

After going out for Indian last night and having my first taste of Gobi Manchurian I was determined to make it today. Vegan Richa's recipe comes together quickly and was amazing (and very spicy)!
I ate two servings of that for dinner tonight because 2 appetizers equals one entree right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:40 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

The Dal Makhani is amazing!!! I've made other versions of this before, and this is the closest I've gotten to restaurant dal makhani, especially after using a heavy hand with the cashew milk and butter, and a night in the fridge. It's pretty good right after it's made, but it's truly fantastic the next day. It's perfectly rich and not watery at all, things I've struggled with before when making vegan black dal. I'd definitely make this again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:40 am 

femmefocale wrote:
The Dal Makhani is amazing!!! I've made other versions of this before, and this is the closest I've gotten to restaurant dal makhani, especially after using a heavy hand with the cashew milk and butter, and a night in the fridge. It's pretty good right after it's made, but it's truly fantastic the next day. It's perfectly rich and not watery at all, things I've struggled with before when making vegan black dal. I'd definitely make this again.

I've loved all of the dal recipes in this book. I am always picking up various lentils at the store with the best intentions of cooking them, but then am usually baffled on what to do with them. This book has helped me work my way through my lentil collection. And yes, most of the dals taste even better after a night in the refrigerator.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:56 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

My parents had 30 guests over last week and I promised to cook for them. I made an Indian feast from this book, and everyone raved about it! I made
- seitan makhani (with fake chicken and chickpeas): my personal favourite
- butternut coconut dahl
- masala dahl
- vegetable jalfrezi
- naan bread (very puffy and delicious)
- saag tofu

and from another book: vegetable samosas, mango chutney and raita. I also sliced some cucumber and made fragrant rice.

Thanks for the amazing recipes Richa!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10